• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Backcourt in the NBA

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after the first two questions. Posting up is a humungous part of both butler and thompsons game.

Thompson could not post up to save his life against us. He's a great shooter, one of the best in the game, but his points don't come from "posting up". Jimmy Butler is literally the only 2 guard (off the top of my head) that can kill you on the block.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson could not post up to save his life against us. He's a great shooter, one of the best in the game, but his points don't come from "posting up". Jimmy Butler is literally the only 2 guard (off the top of my head) that can kill you on the block.

Yeah of the guys in the conversation it's mostly just Butler so your post was pretty accurate. Matthews does it too(much less this year) but really only when the match up indicates with a small guy on him.

But really these shooting guards don't use posting up much at all as you said.

If we were judging these off of 2 v 2 games. Then you would probably see a bunch of posting up. And why I think the Bulls combo would flat dominate...but as I said already that isn't the way to judge this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously that is hard as shit to argue but I am starting to lean towards Bulls as Rose continues his ascent back to normal levels(outside today). He still needs to prove he is healthy.

In a game of 2 on 2 I think Butler and Rose win that easily but that isn't really a fair way to do the comparison.

Curry does a lot of his team as a PG but is easily the worst defender of the 4(still not bad). Butler and Thompson are very similar numbers wise with Jimmy being the better defender. I think Rose all around game is starting to edge Thompson again which would make me start to lean Bulls.

3rd is Lillard and Matthews. Crazy how little these two get talked about. People talk about the splash brothers from down town but fail to mention these two both hitting 40% and Wes actually leading the league in 3s. Lillard is clutch as hell and Matthews doesn't score as much as guys like Thompson/Butler because of his role being what it is but he is also a lock down defender second to probably Butler.

So those are my top 3. Bulls/Warriors, Warriors/Bulls, Blazers.

That's why I said right now. ;)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

http://youtu.be/fwrNEe1LYPY

I see him do that several times a game when I watch him. He's recently added that back to the basket turn around jumper to his arsenal and he uses it against smaller defenders. I haven't seen him play the suns this year, but I'm guessing he'll try it the next time they play. He's got the length to do it all day against the likes of Dragic, Bledsoe, Thomas, and Green. It's a big reason for his much improved play this year.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson Drains the Game-Winner to Sink the Pacers! - YouTube

I see him do that several times a game when I watch him. He's recently added that back to the basket turn around jumper to his arsenal and he uses it against smaller defenders. I haven't seen him play the suns this year, but I'm guessing he'll try it the next time they play. He's got the length to do it all day against the likes of Dragic, Bledsoe, Thomas, and Green. It's a big reason for his much improved play this year.

Agreed. Also improved handles, getting to the basket more