• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bennett: Mebane belongs in ring of honor

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that he's made the jobs of many Seattle LBs much easier over the years.

I say he's really close. Next year will be his tenth year, and if he's an impact player for that long he should be in the ROH, at least a strong consideration.

What do you guys think?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you have to be an all time seahawk great and he just isnt.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close, but no cigar...yet.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just doesnt stack up to cortez or jacob green, i think putting him there really lowers the bar.

Hell, i dont think anyone but MAYBE hasselbeck makes it from the holmgren years. Not even alexander despite everything he did.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebane has been one of my favs since he got here. Hard to believe it has been 10 years.

I don't know if he is ROH material. He is a step below Jacob Green and Tez, but he is right there with Jeff Bryant, Joe Nash, and Micheal Sinclair on the next level.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RoH ? maybe, he does a lot more than many realize but he has never really been a top flight dominating player. My take on it is no he doesn't make it But someone said SA shouldn't make it but No he SHOULD make it because he was a top flight Dominating player for a large chunk of his career. One of the best in the NFL, I do not want to hear about "but the oline but but but"

Next RoH should be either SA or Hasselbeck once he retires.

I hope some day we have another WR worthy of that honor ( Looking at you Baldwin take that next step ).

When Lynch Retires he deserves the nod also. Sure he wont be one of the greatest RB in the history of the NFL but what he is, is one of the most Dominating forces on the field and his uncanny ability to break, shed, shake would be tacklers is something i have NEVER seen before. unheard of Power and under rated elusiveness all in one package. He doesn't get enough credit for how many ankles he breaks. The reason he is always in the top for yards after contact is because he can make you grab for shoe strings in a phone booth.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think alexander doesnt make it because the fan base really soured on him, lynch will make it because he is iconic.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, there are too many names already in the ring of honor. It should be for the elite only, nobody else.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, there are too many names already in the ring of honor. It should be for the elite only, nobody else.

So... Largent and Jones is all you would have?

I'd say the players who took us to our first Superbowl and those who have contributed to the greatest stretch of Seahawks football ever are among the elite.

Mebane though, nah.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think alexander doesnt make it because the fan base really soured on him, lynch will make it because he is iconic.

He's the only NFL MVP Seattle has ever had. He holds a bunch of records. He will be a no brainer for the ROH. I know a few message board posters were on his case near the end, but I was at the San Fran vs Seattle game 2 years ago when SA raised the 12th man flag and that place went wild for him. If anybody was booing him you sure wouldn't have heard them.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander just had horrible timing with his injury coming right after his big contract. Holmgren felt obligated to play him even when he shouldn't have and he never recovered. Many fans for some reason just thought he was dogging it and held grudges. Dude belongs in the ROH more than any player not in it.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial thought is no, but I wouldn't be upset at all if he does get inducted. There's gonna be a lot of players that are on this team right now that are going to end up in the ring.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching how well Mebane was playing on Sunday makes me think that he's got plenty more games in the tank. I don't think if he retired today he would belong. But another couple years would put him in.

He's definitely an underappreciated part of this defense. Before all the pieces were in place he was easily the best player on defense and since he's surrounded by so much talent now and his position is really not measurable in stats, his excellent play often goes unrecognized

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... Largent and Jones is all you would have?

I'd say the players who took us to our first Superbowl and those who have contributed to the greatest stretch of Seahawks football ever are among the elite.

Mebane though, nah.

I would add Easley and Kennedy to the list. Must be considered to be good enough for the hall to be considered

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Mebane should be in the ROH. It's tough to go on stats alone because he's been moved around a bit position wise, usually because of the schemes we've run over the years, and the positions/techniques he's played haven't really lent themselves to the "sexy" stats like sacks that would make his candidacy more obvious.

As for whether Shaun Alexander deserves it... I think he does. The stats are there and the accolades are there. The only thing that really could have stood in the way of him getting in was animosity between him and the coaching staff/front office, but I think the only person left over from when he was still playing here is Paul Allen. I think everyone else from that era that he could have had a beef with is gone. That shouldn't impact whether he gets into the Ring of Honor or not. Whether some fans like him or not shouldn't impact his induction either. It's been almost a decade and he was a big part of the best run of football the franchise had had since the 80's. It's time to let bygones be bygones. The last thing I'll say about this is that I think they will induct Alexander into the Ring of Honor, but they might wait to do it until after Hasselbeck retires and they can go in together.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 more years of solid output and he would certainly deserve consideration based on longevity and good contribution.