• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bennett and Kam out...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to sound like there's no time table on his return.
I'm sure it's event driven thing. Based on PC's description, sounds like he just hasn't rebounded as quickly as they thought and isn't yet ready to get full practices in:

“I really hope he’s going to be on the practice field by next week,” Carroll said. “I am kind of optimistic about stuff like that. … He’s running some now but he’ll have to make it back next week. It hasn’t changed, we love having him, we hate missing him, but there’s nothing we can do about it. He’s trying to get back as fast as he can.”

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
food for thought, since Clark has been starting he has racked up 3.5 sacks in 2 1/2 games as the starter. He had 3 sacks in all games before that which = Bennett's production as far as pressure and sacks go as a part time player. Clark as we have seen slides inside on passing downs and this is where we miss Bennett. Clark is good at it but not great so there is a drop off when he plays inside.

Once Kam returns those dink and dunk plays will start getting blown up because McCray has always been 1 to 2 steps late on them something Kam is always on point with ( well not always but around 90% ). I think we see a return of the normal defense this week but it's against a QB that can make even the greatest Defenses look average.

One thing the Hawks do differently is now instead of Avril rushing inside from the edge and dragging the T or TE with him to get in the way of the guard allowing Bennett to loop around the outside free ( Avril grabs the tackle he got nailed for it a couple weeks ago but it's something he has always done to allow Bennett pressure )Now they have Avril just taking that outside rush more often and it's what they HAVE TO CONTINUE. I have said it OVER AND OVER he is our best Pass rusher and it's not even close.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
food for thought, since Clark has been starting he has racked up 3.5 sacks in 2 1/2 games as the starter. He had 3 sacks in all games before that which = Bennett's production as far as pressure and sacks go as a part time player. Clark as we have seen slides inside on passing downs and this is where we miss Bennett. Clark is good at it but not great so there is a drop off when he plays inside.

Once Kam returns those dink and dunk plays will start getting blown up because McCray has always been 1 to 2 steps late on them something Kam is always on point with ( well not always but around 90% ). I think we see a return of the normal defense this week but it's against a QB that can make even the greatest Defenses look average.

One thing the Hawks do differently is now instead of Avril rushing inside from the edge and dragging the T or TE with him to get in the way of the guard allowing Bennett to loop around the outside free ( Avril grabs the tackle he got nailed for it a couple weeks ago but it's something he has always done to allow Bennett pressure )Now they have Avril just taking that outside rush more often and it's what they HAVE TO CONTINUE. I have said it OVER AND OVER he is our best Pass rusher and it's not even close.

Nobody's arguing that Avril isn't great, having a super year and Clark looks promising, but Bennett is very important to the defense. No need to turn into a contest, Seahawks need all of them.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where I see Bennett is missed is playcallers have an easier time attacking the d line on specific downs. They're a heavily specialized group, who without their most versatile player, tip their hand of what they're doing based on who they send in on a particular down and distance. Bennett being great against the RUN and the pass makes it much tougher on play callers to take advantage of the size of Seattles pass rushers by running right at them, and gives the big running down unit disruptive and effective pass rusher in case they want to throw out of run formations. I expect the Pats offensive staff to really take advantage of this and try to exploit the rotation.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I see Bennett is missed is playcallers have an easier time attacking the d line on specific downs. They're a heavily specialized group, who without their most versatile player, tip their hand of what they're doing based on who they send in on a particular down and distance. Bennett being great against the RUN and the pass makes it much tougher on play callers to take advantage of the size of Seattles pass rushers by running right at them, and gives the big running down unit disruptive and effective pass rusher in case they want to throw out of run formations. I expect the Pats offensive staff to really take advantage of this and try to exploit the rotation.

here is a little snippit from my qoute "and this is where we miss Bennett. Clark is good at it but not great so there is a drop off when he plays inside."

Bennett is a better DT than he is a DE, they need to move him inside and leave him there and allow the true DE's Avril, Clark, Marsh to get that mojo going. I am just glad that with Bennett out they are now creating for the true BEAST on this Dline in Avril. Avril also tends to get a lot of FF. Something this Defense NEEDS is turnovers. Avril has 27 so far in his career, Bennett has 8.

P.S. has anyone noticed how Bennett Vanishes, i mean straight up is GONE in playoff games?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a little snippit from my qoute "and this is where we miss Bennett. Clark is good at it but not great so there is a drop off when he plays inside."

Bennett is a better DT than he is a DE, they need to move him inside and leave him there and allow the true DE's Avril, Clark, Marsh to get that mojo going. I am just glad that with Bennett out they are now creating for the true BEAST on this Dline in Avril. Avril also tends to get a lot of FF. Something this Defense NEEDS is turnovers. Avril has 27 so far in his career, Bennett has 8.

P.S. has anyone noticed how Bennett Vanishes, i mean straight up is GONE in playoff games?

I thought you were strictly talking about Clarks interior pass rush ability.

I really like Clark, I don't think there's a doubt that he's the better pure edge rusher. But that's not all he's asked to do. The Hawks have struggled against the run for 3 straight weeks (including 2 100 yard rushers, after going 27 games without a single one). Coincidence? I think not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really need to get over your hate of Bennett, he's a key part of the defense.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing starters sucks. Some people love it when an opposing team has a bunch of guys out. I hate it. I want to see my team beat the best the opponent has to offer. I think your back ups are better than average, but I'm sorry that Kam and Bennett are out.

I know you guys are feeling. The Pats lost 11 starters two years ago and you guys got to pound the shit out of the Broncos. I think we could have given you better a better (Pats still would have lost) game than Denver did.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing starters sucks. Some people love it when an opposing team has a bunch of guys out. I hate it. I want to see my team beat the best the opponent has to offer. I think your back ups are better than average, but I'm sorry that Kam and Bennett are out.

I know you guys are feeling. The Pats lost 11 starters two years ago and you guys got to pound the shit out of the Broncos. I think we could have given you better a better (Pats still would have lost) game than Denver did.

Kam is active. This is an old thread.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to get over your hate of Bennett, he's a key part of the defense.

i find it funny you all think i hate him LMFAO. I just think of him as a player who is over rated. Good yes but not great. Versatile yes, has flashes ( all be it those are getting less and less ) of great play yes. Over rated Yes. Not enough credit is given to the players "AROUND" him.

as for the rush The Bills were the first team since SF to average over 4 yards per carry. I could not care any less about a team getting a 100 yards rushing if they average only 3.5 ypc. So what if they are running 40 times to get a 100 yards. It's the fact that ALL SEASON this Defense has had an issue with getting off the field on 3rd downs. Seattle is the 7th WORST team in the NFL on stopping 3rd downs. This has not changed all that much since Bennett went out. There has been a bigger drop when Kam went out.

Kam is needed more so than Bennett to stop what is ailing this team. Kam should be paid before they even talk about paying Bennett.

team sacks with a healthy Bennett, 7 in 4 games
team sacks with out Bennett or a *injured Bennett ( *played 1 game ) 15 in 4 games

i know it's shocking isn't it and i bet no one even noticed.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i find it funny you all think i hate him LMFAO. I just think of him as a player who is over rated. Good yes but not great. Versatile yes, has flashes ( all be it those are getting less and less ) of great play yes. Over rated Yes. Not enough credit is given to the players "AROUND" him.

as for the rush The Bills were the first team since SF to average over 4 yards per carry. I could not care any less about a team getting a 100 yards rushing if they average only 3.5 ypc. So what if they are running 40 times to get a 100 yards. It's the fact that ALL SEASON this Defense has had an issue with getting off the field on 3rd downs. Seattle is the 7th WORST team in the NFL on stopping 3rd downs. This has not changed all that much since Bennett went out. There has been a bigger drop when Kam went out.

Kam is needed more so than Bennett to stop what is ailing this team.

Oh you dislike Bennett and really don't appreciate what he brings to the team, that's obvious. No need to try to say this guy or that guy is more important, they are all important, no need to make it a contest.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you dislike Bennett and really don't appreciate what he brings to the team, that's obvious. No need to try to say this guy or that guy is more important, they are all important, no need to make it a contest.

no need to say i hate someone when i don't. I have stated before he is a good player and is a unique player but he is also over rated.

Had Avril got hurt then you would see Bennett's numbers fall WAY WAY WAY down. Avril is the same with or with out bennett he is proving that and has proved it his whole time here. Bennett on the other hand seems to vanish when Avril misses snaps or a game. Why is that? I will tell you way because they play Bennett off of Avril, then all the Hype is on Bennett allowing Avril to do what he ALWAYS does when Bennett slides inside and lines up with Avril. Thats to make a hard push Inside trapping the blockers on Bennett allowing Bennett to stunt outside. Avril is a true Team player who is out there playing his ass off and "NEVER COMPLAINS ABOUT PAY" or pounds his own chest about being the best in the NFL. Bennett can not say that.

Bennett is good but not as good as some seem to think and nowhere as good as he thinks he is.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you run the ball 40 times, you're more than likely going to win the game because you're dominating the clock. This is one of those instances of ypc being a bit overrated

As far as third downs -

First 5 weeks - 28.4% (which would be #1 in the league right now by almost 3 points if they kept it up)
Last 3 weeks - 59%

But yay for sacks!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you run the ball 40 times, you're more than likely going to win the game because you're dominating the clock. This is one of those instances of ypc being a bit overrated

As far as third downs -

First 5 weeks - 28.4% (which would be #1 in the league right now by almost 3 points if they kept it up)
Last 3 weeks - 59%

But yay for sacks!

Oh way to ignore the oppenent LMAO

first 4 games these teams rank close to last in offensive production #25, #31,#29, #12
last 4 these teams rank #1, #16, #3 and #11.

lets see where these teams rank as far as converting 3rd downs.
1. Miami #30
2. LA Rams #32
3. San Fran #26
4. Jets #18

5. Atl. #1
6. AZ #12 Tie
7. NO #2
8. Bills #12 Tie

So you want to compare stats of piss poor teams to the top of the NFL teams and call it good?
FAIL!

I brought up the running because the Bills ( mobile QB ) ran a shit ton and was the first team to average OVER 4 YPC since the 49ers. The Running game is not hurting this defense it's the dink and dunk easy first downs they are giving up. This is on the back end. The Front 4 have been doing their part the back end has not and LIKE I SAID Kam will help fix a lot of these problems ailing this team right now.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh way to ignore the oppenent LMAO

first 4 games these teams rank close to last in offensive production #25, #31,#29, #12
last 4 these teams rank #1, #16, #3 and #11.

lets see where these teams rank as far as converting 3rd downs.
1. Miami #30
2. LA Rams #32
3. San Fran #26
4. Jets #18

5. Atl. #1
6. AZ #12 Tie
7. NO #2
8. Bills #12 Tie

So you want to compare stats of piss poor teams to the top of the NFL teams and call it good?
FAIL!

I brought up the running because the Bills ( mobile QB ) ran a shit ton and was the first team to average OVER 4 YPC since the 49ers. The Running game is not hurting this defense it's the dink and dunk easy first downs they are giving up. This is on the back end. The Front 4 have been doing their part the back end has not and LIKE I SAID Kam will help fix a lot of these problems ailing this team right now.

Don't move the goalposts, scream. You said that it was a problem even when Bennett was playing. And now that I called on your bullshit you want to attribute a massive fallout solely to opponent? That's weak as hell, buddy.

Yes, the opponents are better on third down than previous opponents. But that doesn't hold as water as you're claiming when they're a combined 45% on third for the season and 59% against Seattle.

And I like how you tried to sneak in Atlanta to the second group even though Seattle dominated them on third down, and played them when Bennett was still healthy.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your 3rd down conversion rate should not double, idgaf who you're playing.

Lol @ acting like Bennetts absence has nothing to do with it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not our fault you guys stunk in the playoffs that year. And not like the Broncos weren't beat up that season as well having 9 of the 11 starters on defense back ups to start the season. And while you might have given them a better game I don't think anybody was beating the Seahawks in that game. They were a team of destiny and it was crazy watching them.