• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bennett and Kam out...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to add i am extremely excited to see Clark and Marsh get more playing time. These guys have got limited snaps and have been OUTSTANDING. With Marsh and Clark splitting reps behind Bennett both of these guys have been EXPLOSIVE and all over the field for the Hawks Defense. Clark all ready slides inside like Bennett does and has shown he is more than able to fill this role by out playing Bennett in limited playing time. Marsh also has been a surprise this year flashing his big play ability in almost every game this season, he has been a huge player filling in at LBer and DE. These two are the future of this defense and should be more than enough to replace a injured and aging/declining Bennett.

There should be very little drop off against the run if any and the pass rush will see a boost.

The Hawks defense will be faster and younger and these two players are hungry for playing time not Money.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam out, Bennett out. D just played 100 snaps in the last game and now another road game. RW with 3 injuries now. Our new starting LT hasn't started a game since pee wee ball. Honestly this is not setting up well at all for us, and I don't see a good chance to win this game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam out, Bennett out. D just played 100 snaps in the last game and now another road game. RW with 3 injuries now. Our new starting LT hasn't started a game since pee wee ball. Honestly this is not setting up well at all for us, and I don't see a good chance to win this game.

glass half empty type of person?

I am excited about this game. I do believe it's going to be one of the biggest tests against our defense to date. Coming off that brutal game with the Cards makes it even more so. NO has the best scoring offense @ home in the NFL and Brees has only been sacked 9 times all season. This game will be another brutal one for the defense but it's these games that build character and show you what your team is made of.

Just the thought of playing such a powerhouse offense @ their house with a defense missing key starters and a offense that is beat up pretty bad also is a challenge i am going to love to see. I can't wait to see what team shows up for the Hawks. Do they Rally around each other and take another step in growth or do they circle the wagons? this game will tell use more about the Hawks than any game so far this season if you ask me.

I think it could tell us or show us what we should expect from them the rest of the way this season. I think there is no better test than Drew Brees at home against our D, If they can shut him down then they should be able to handle Brady in a couple weeks. :)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am excited about this game. I do believe it's going to be one of the biggest tests against our defense to date. Coming off that brutal game with the Cards makes it even more so. NO has the best scoring offense @ home in the NFL and Brees has only been sacked 9 times all season. This game will be another brutal one for the defense but it's these games that build character and show you what your team is made of.

Just the thought of playing such a powerhouse offense @ their house with a defense missing key starters and a offense that is beat up pretty bad also is a challenge i am going to love to see. I can't wait to see what team shows up for the Hawks. Do they Rally around each other and take another step in growth or do they circle the wagons? this game will tell use more about the Hawks than any game so far this season if you ask me.

I think it could tell us or show us what we should expect from them the rest of the way this season. I think there is no better test than Drew Brees at home against our D, If they can shut him down then they should be able to handle Brady in a couple weeks. :)
Just analyzing the matchup. I'm excited to watch the game as always, but I think there are too many things working against us right now. If we pull this off, I'll feel really good about where this season is headed. If we don't, I still think we are serious contenders but it's gonna be tough tomorrow with all the injuries and the toll that Sunday's game took. Remember how good we played @ Carolina after that brutal Minn game in the playoffs? That was with a healthy RW and an NFL left tackle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking forward to the game. While I disagree that this game defines the Seahawks in any way, I think the Seahawks win this. They have always played well against these passing offensive teams in the past and the Saints D is just what the doctor ordered to help this offense get going.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to add i am extremely excited to see Clark and Marsh get more playing time. These guys have got limited snaps and have been OUTSTANDING. With Marsh and Clark splitting reps behind Bennett both of these guys have been EXPLOSIVE and all over the field for the Hawks Defense. Clark all ready slides inside like Bennett does and has shown he is more than able to fill this role by out playing Bennett in limited playing time. Marsh also has been a surprise this year flashing his big play ability in almost every game this season, he has been a huge player filling in at LBer and DE. These two are the future of this defense and should be more than enough to replace a injured and aging/declining Bennett.

There should be very little drop off against the run if any and the pass rush will see a boost.

The Hawks defense will be faster and younger and these two players are hungry for playing time not Money.

Every player is hungry for money.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't want to go back over this again, i showed a shit ton of stats just this past off season showing that he was rated as the 17th best DE in the NFL going off of pressures hits tfl and sacks, Avril was #3 and this was from PFF.

Bennett has benefited so very much from playing beside Avril which BTW he gets most of his pressures and half his sacks when he lines up beside Avril not as a DE but BESIDE Avril.

I also brought up his decline in production which is still showing up this season and i don't want to here about injury, Avril played half of 2015 on a bad leg. His best years are behind him and he said he was going to be the best Defensive player in the league. He wants to be paid like one but he is not one. He is a unique player with an unusual skill set but he is also not a top 10 or even close to top 10 DE. He is a better DT than a DE because of his ability to get past the slower Guards and Centers and the ability to out muscle the quicker Guards and Centers.

The Numbers are out there for EVERYONE to see but if you just want to believe what the talking heads are saying then by all means believe them. they were the ones that also said Percy Harvin was the best player in the NFL at one time LMAO!

I make up my mind by doing my own research, i would advise everyone to do the same and maybe some of you would stop hating on Bevell . Just my two cents :) lol

And those same stats would favor Bennett for every other year since they've been here, including the pff rankings.

And I wouldn't be so sure about this being Bennetts last year here, even with a possible surgery looming, he and the Hawks are currently I n extension negotiations. Are they lemmings too?

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep the faith my friend! Let's hope the D got some major rest this week.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried about the defensive injuries. When the Hawks have a full week to prepare that usually handle injuries very well. In game injuries, completely different story. But I think that's league wide, and has a lot to do with lack of practice reps that teams are allotted nowadays.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the timetable on Bennett's recovery is 2-3 weeks. That surprises me. I thought he'd be out longer than that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the timetable on Bennett's recovery is 2-3 weeks. That surprises me. I thought he'd be out longer than that.

That's quite a relief. I was figuring he'd be out the season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB must just be having a little scope or clean-up. PC said Kam is up in the air this week, which doesn't sound good. Rawls out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB must just be having a little scope or clean-up. PC said Kam is up in the air this week, which doesn't sound good. Rawls out.

:gaah: So frustrating knowing the division is right there to run away with.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I think we'll be ok. Just gotta weather the storm as RW gets healthier and we get over these other injuries. I think Prosise is about to spark this offense.

I know, seems like every year we weather some kind of storm. Prosise looked good and I agree he could be the spark we're looking for. Let's hope this offense comes alive on Monday night.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a chance Kam play's Monday night ? Haven't heard anything about that yet....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a chance Kam play's Monday night ? Haven't heard anything about that yet....

I'd be surprised.

"Kam Chancellor has missed Seattle’s past three games because of a groin injury suffered on the practice field. Carroll said Chancellor would not be on the field to start the team’s Week 9 workouts, noting the strong safety is “still recovering.”

"He’s not back yet,” Carroll said. "He won’t practice today.”

Starting in Chancellor’s place has been Kelcie McCray, who had a game-saving tackle in the team’s 6-6 tie with Arizona and who matched a career-high with 10 tackles this past Sunday in New Orleans.

“I think he’s playing comfortably with our guys as always,” Carroll said of McCray. "As they work together they communicate better. They feel one another, they can play off of each other better. I think that there’s a comfort that’s developed that’s going to help us in the interim while we’re waiting for Kam to get back.”

Seven Injury Updates From Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll's Week 9 Thursday Press Conference

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCray has done well. At this point, there's no sense in bringing Kam back before he's ready to be out there and it doesn't look like the team is in any rush to get him back if they're not going to get him back at close to 100%

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCray has done well. At this point, there's no sense in bringing Kam back before he's ready to be out there and it doesn't look like the team is in any rush to get him back if they're not going to get him back at close to 100%

I'm fine with that. He needs to be full strength for the end of the year push.