• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beastmode to Oakland?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no secret that Lynch is unhappy in Seattle.

The thing is, he may be happy to play for the raiders, but will the raiders allow him to be himself like Pete has allowed his players to be in Seattle. To me, it is a win-win for both teams to make the trade as long as Marshawn can be himself and finish his career in his hometown.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no secret that Lynch is unhappy in Seattle.

Or perhaps claiming that he is unhappy is a "secret" tool to gain leverage in working out a new deal to stay in Seattle.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, he may be happy to play for the raiders, but will the raiders allow him to be himself like Pete has allowed his players to be in Seattle. To me, it is a win-win for both teams to make the trade as long as Marshawn can be himself and finish his career in his hometown.

I agree. I suspect the JDR would probably let Marshawn be himself.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know, Oakland could give Seattle 2 for the price of one. DMAC and MJD for one Beastmode....:pound:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or perhaps claiming that he is unhappy is a "secret" tool to gain leverage in working out a new deal to stay in Seattle.

So you think it's his agent orchestrating this?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, Oakland could give Seattle 2 for the price of one. DMAC and MJD for one Beastmode....:pound:

Seattle would want a high draft pick.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think it's his agent orchestrating this?

I don't really know, but it wouldn't be the first time that a player and his agent have tried to gain leverage in working out a new deal. I know that Lynch is from the Bay Area, so perhaps playing in Oakland appeals to him. On the other hand, he has had great success (both individually and as a team) in Seattle, is an integral part of their offense, and, as noted above, plays for PC, a coach who is known for letting an off-beat character like Lynch "march to his own drummer".

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle would want a high draft pick.

I'm sure that they would. I am not so sure Oakland would be willing to depart with a high draft pick at this point though. With Latavious (sp) Murray on the roster, I am not so sure that the new coaching staff knows exactly what they might have with him.

I think that if the Raiders were to go after Lynch, Marcus Mariota drops and allows a trade with Cleveland would be very ideal where Oakland gets their two 1st's and a second for the 4th pick. Cleveland gets Mariota and Oakland has some high draft picks to play with.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know, but it wouldn't be the first time that a player and his agent have tried to gain leverage in working out a new deal. I know that Lynch is from the Bay Area, so perhaps playing in Oakland appeals to him. On the other hand, he has had great success (both individually and as a team) in Seattle, is an integral part of their offense, and, as noted above, plays for PC, a coach who is known for letting an off-beat character like Lynch "march to his own drummer".

I saw an interview that when PC first took the Seattle job, his top priority was to try to get Lynch. He said that he had recruited him hard at USC and had lost out. He wanted him for a long time.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all. Is Lynch really that unhappy in Seattle? Where have you read or heard that? We all know he gives so many interviews so im sure you know. Or are you just speculating cause he's a weird dude and held out at the beginning of the year???

Also, Lynch is under contract next year.

Also, Seattle supposedly offered a mammoth extension.......

Lynch can live in oakland in the off season, he can earn millions upon millions and compete for another ring during the reg season.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all. Is Lynch really that unhappy in Seattle? Where have you read or heard that? We all know he gives so many interviews so im sure you know. Or are you just speculating cause he's a weird dude and held out at the beginning of the year???

Also, Lynch is under contract next year.

Also, Seattle supposedly offered a mammoth extension.......

Lynch can live in oakland in the off season, he can earn millions upon millions and compete for another ring during the reg season.

Read the story that was posted

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahhh the old "unnamed source" Nice.

For a guy who hates talking to the media,,, he sure has alot of people "close to lynch or the situation" that are singing like birds..

much to do about nothing

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh the old "unnamed source" Nice.

For a guy who hates talking to the media,,, he sure has alot of people "close to lynch or the situation" that are singing like birds..

much to do about nothing

LOL. It's pretty much a hypothetical piece.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's nothing but speculation.

1. The Seahawks are obviously in a lot better shape than the Raiders are.
2. Marshawn might not admit it, but he takes the HOF seriously and playing out with Seattle is his best chance for this
3. He's got 1 year left on his contract
4. I don't think it would be anything but a disappointment for Raiders fans anyway because Seattle got all his prime years. How often does an older RB go from one team to another and actually have some success?

It sounds nice and if Lynch says the only way I don't retire is if I'm traded to Oakland then it's going to happen. But there's as many professional reasons to want to stay here as there are personal reasons for him to want to stay in Seattle. Even if he does hate the coaching staff, they're the same guys that called the plays to let him lead the league in rushing td's the last two seasons and he actually had his biggest year catching the ball out of the backfield.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nothing but speculation.

1. The Seahawks are obviously in a lot better shape than the Raiders are.
2. Marshawn might not admit it, but he takes the HOF seriously and playing out with Seattle is his best chance for this
3. He's got 1 year left on his contract
4. I don't think it would be anything but a disappointment for Raiders fans anyway because Seattle got all his prime years. How often does an older RB go from one team to another and actually have some success?

It sounds nice and if Lynch says the only way I don't retire is if I'm traded to Oakland then it's going to happen. But there's as many professional reasons to want to stay here as there are personal reasons for him to want to stay in Seattle. Even if he does hate the coaching staff, they're the same guys that called the plays to let him lead the league in rushing td's the last two seasons and he actually had his biggest year catching the ball out of the backfield.

You can rationalize on why it will or won't happen all you want. Truth be told, it is a possibility. Will it happen? I doubt it.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Lynch did tweet something suggesting that he intends to go elsewhere when his contract is up. I don't use twitter, but my son read me the tweet the other night.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can rationalize on why it will or won't happen all you want. Truth be told, it is a possibility. Will it happen? I doubt it.

Marshawn's buddies roam the streets of Oakland.