• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thank God for the Oakland A's ( TOR games - who cares )

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are now relinquished to not even winning when our ace is on the bump.

New season low for the hitless - gutless - winless 2023 Seattle Mariners

As stated in the thread title ... Praise the Lord for the Oakland Athletics.
Our saviours from the AL West cellar.

I really have nothing to add, I will just finish with: Our team sucks

carry on

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to be a winner when Crawford is out hitting JRod and Frenchy.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the offense needs some help. Is there a legit reason Ford isn’t on the roster? Is La Stella really that important?

But just by me typing that they will put up 8 tomorrow.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to be a winner when Crawford is out hitting JRod and Frenchy.

#1 reason is that Crawford knows the strike zone and rarely swings at really bad pitches.

France and Julio are not recognizing pitches very well and hacking themselves into terrible pitch counts ( not to mention tons of strike outs ) the past 2 weeks.

Both started the 1st 2 weeks of the season spraying the ball around and not chasing bad pitches.
So strange how the wheels fell off both those guys about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks ago.

I think the current .423 win % is who this team is ( and it could get a little worse )

They do not appear to be a complete enough ball club to consistently play .500 baseball.

They will have a 5-6 game winning streak or 2 and nibble at the .500 mark on a few occasions, but with Ray out for the season and so many offensive holes in the line up, what you see is what you are gonna get this year at the ballpark.

So sad as the potential and hype was there.

What wasn't there was the front office dedication and commitment to bringing in players that could truly make a difference. Instead they went to the bargain bin in hopes of catching lightning in a bottle and now find themselves with 3-4 guys on the 25 man roster who are nothing more than dead weight and have zero trade value to anyone around the league.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners fans are the most gullible in sports. The front office cons us every year and we the suckers fall for it ever time.

This team is in the low minor leagues compared to the teams that actually try. This team has NEVER EVER been serious about winning a championship. NEVER. Not even close. They do the absolute minimum for a tiny bit of success then coast while losing and blowing smoke up our asses.

What the fuck has dipoto ever done to deserve to be a GM or president of a major league baseball team and keep his job? not a damned thing. But they promoted him because the ownership is full of shit and doesn't give a flying fuck about winning either. Smug prick doesn't know a damned thing about winning.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say this about France, I argued that last years drop off may not have been injury related. This year seems to have backed my assertion. He just isn't the guy we all (including me) thought he was. He is a two to three month hitter while falling off a cliff the other months and has zero value playing 1B. Damn Evan White!!!

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say this about France, I argued that last years drop off may not have been injury related. This year seems to have backed my assertion. He just isn't the guy we all (including me) thought he was. He is a two to three month hitter while falling off a cliff the other months and has zero value playing 1B. Damn Evan White!!!

France is an 'arm swinger' also. You would think with his maximus dumpus rear end and large thighs he would generate alot of power with weight transfer and drive the ball hard to various parts of the field. He goes yard on occasion when he barrels the ball up and gets the right launch angle.

he is a below par 1b with his very limited range and barely league average glove skills. He is a singles hitter with occasional gap / warning track power.

Look around the league at others teams 1b and we are sucking hind tit with Frenchy.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio 1st at bat

Saw 5-6 pitches ( not a single one of them was in the strike zone ) Swung and missed at strike 3 on a ball way down and inside off the plate.
He never even got the bat on anything ( no foul balls ) - Grade 0/10 - he is in big trouble with his current approach

The book is out on Julio. Absolutely no need to throw him a strike. he will go up there hacking at anything until he strikes out.

Where are our hitting coaches ?

if a dumbass like me can see the problem and identify what is wrong ... how can this not be corrected ?

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That called three strike to Raleigh wasn’t even close to being a strike. I swear the chumpires are getting worse

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio 1st at bat

Saw 5-6 pitches ( not a single one of them was in the strike zone ) Swung and missed at strike 3 on a ball way down and inside off the plate.
He never even got the bat on anything ( no foul balls ) - Grade 0/10 - he is in big trouble with his current approach

The book is out on Julio. Absolutely no need to throw him a strike. he will go up there hacking at anything until he strikes out.

Where are our hitting coaches ?

if a dumbass like me can see the problem and identify what is wrong ... how can this not be corrected ?

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Took the words right out of my mouth !!

Julio 2nd at bat, works himself to a great 2-0 or 3-0 count ( laying off all the junk pitches ) with 2 runners on and 2 out.
Then Murphy gets caught napping on his lead at 2b and gets picked off to end the inning / scoring threat.

My little league teams I coached had better baseball skills than these clowns.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Tennant No GIF by Doctor Who

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners gotta Mariner!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me if we get swept tomorrow...

And it REALLY wouldn't surprise me if we fail to do anything against Oakland.

Then again, last year WAS a fluke.

we suck again GIF

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want to be optimistic, I'm very concerned that our winning percentage is indicative of the team we currently have.

The ridiculous winning percentage we had in one run games the last two years has regressed back to the norm.

Anyone want to try to talk me off the edge...?