• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears sign Getsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fundamental guy…ex QB that puts an emphasis on footwork and mechanics.

Has a chance to build an offense from scratch around what Fields does well. Good be really good.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fundamental guy…ex QB that puts an emphasis on footwork and mechanics.

Has a chance to build an offense from scratch around what Fields does well. Good be really good.
Here's hoping...

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke's first press conference as new OC.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a bunch of articles and blogs circulating now that we are going to make a run at Davante Adams. Apparently, Getsy and Adams are boys. Adams praises Getsy more than anyone for his development.

I really can't see this happening for a variety of reasons (we've gone over them in other threads). Perhaps we'll test the waters, though.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if we made a play for Adams. GB got his best years out of him...By the time we can reasonably compete we will not get the same.

Rodgers and Adams out of our division is more than enough.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a bunch of articles and blogs circulating now that we are going to make a run at Davante Adams. Apparently, Getsy and Adams are boys. Adams praises Getsy more than anyone for his development.

I really can't see this happening for a variety of reasons (we've gone over them in other threads). Perhaps we'll test the waters, though.
Only a fool would not want Adams on his team's roster, but I think you have a better shot at winning the next Powerball than the Bears inking Adams. He's seeking a $30m per year contract and some team out there will find a way to give it to him. And this of course is assuming the Packers don't first slap the franchise tag on him. I prefer to focus my hopes on much more attainable targets such as Christian Kirk.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho the subject here has kinda drifted off by looking at potential WRs, since the original thread is about Getsy, here is an article about his approach to taking over the offense and building it around JF. An article quite vague in details, but still worth a read.

If there has been a common theme elaborated by the new coaching and GM hires, it has been the need to protect Fields. Quite easy to imagine that priority one in this combined offseason free agency, cuts, and of course the draft, the focus will be on the OL.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detailed hypothesis on Getsy's running schemes.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detailed hypothesis on Getsy's running schemes.
Did we even run in zone schemes last year? If we did, we weren't very good at it. It seems an outside zone scheme might best fit our running game, as we're not relying on our line to go mano-a-mano against the opposition. Plus it gives our RBs a chance to see what's developing, then find that opening.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we even run in zone schemes last year? If we did, we weren't very good at it. It seems an outside zone scheme might best fit our running game, as we're not relying on our line to go mano-a-mano against the opposition. Plus it gives our RBs a chance to see what's developing, then find that opening.

In RPO a majority of your run blocking is zone. The problem is they ran a lot of inside zone and that requires big, physical bodies that hit the point of attack and are aggressive. The Bears leaned towards softer, lighter, athletic linemen and it failed a lot. James Daniels was a great example. He's a good interior lineman. He struggled at times at inside zone because he's not the most physical guy around. He's athletic and needs to be on the move.

I know people think the Bears haven't done much to address the line. But they are definitely going to be bigger inside and they are going to be much more physical than they were previously. That might not equal better right away but it's a step in the right direction for sure.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In RPO a majority of your run blocking is zone. The problem is they ran a lot of inside zone and that requires big, physical bodies that hit the point of attack and are aggressive. The Bears leaned towards softer, lighter, athletic linemen and it failed a lot. James Daniels was a great example. He's a good interior lineman. He struggled at times at inside zone because he's not the most physical guy around. He's athletic and needs to be on the move.

I know people think the Bears haven't done much to address the line. But they are definitely going to be bigger inside and they are going to be much more physical than they were previously. That might not equal better right away but it's a step in the right direction for sure.
If The Bears are switching to the Shanahan scheme doesn't it require smaller, lighter, and more athletic linemen? If Poles is going bigger I would think it would be counter productive to the running style? I'm no expert so obviously I can be wrong?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If The Bears are switching to the Shanahan scheme doesn't it require smaller, lighter, and more athletic linemen? If Poles is going bigger I would think it would be counter productive to the running style? I'm no expert so obviously I can be wrong?

I'm no expert either but I know that Getsy might run a scheme that is on the cover similar to Shanahan but he comes from the Jay Moorhead school of offense and it's not the Shanahan scheme exactly.

The Bears began going bigger on the oline with Pace drafting Borom and Jenkins last season. Poles clearly has an affinity for physical offensive linemen that want to mix it up. That's why he very clearly didn't like Daniels.

The direction seems to be for the line to be bigger and more physical.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't so much about bigger or smaller lineman as it is about more athletic lineman. Both Borom and Jenkins are athletic not just big. Both can move real well. In the draft, it looks like they rolled the dice on, again, more athletic type O line types if any pan out. As we found out from the Bears infamous pool jumper a few years back... It takes more than just athleticism, but at least it is a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.