• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears sign Getsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now here's an interesting take on how Getsy's system could really benefit JF:

Specifically: Per Sports Info Solutions (h/t Doug Farrar), Fields had the NFL's highest passer rating (138.5) on designed rollouts last season. The Bears called just 19 of them.

That's a stat I never even knew existed, let alone learning that Fields topped the league, altho granted with such a small sample number. Still, it's encouraging to know that Getsy will design to his strength. And it's sounding like Fields will get a LOT more of these designed rollouts. I'm guessing 3x, maybe even 4x more.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now here's an interesting take on how Getsy's system could really benefit JF:

Specifically: Per Sports Info Solutions (h/t Doug Farrar), Fields had the NFL's highest passer rating (138.5) on designed rollouts last season. The Bears called just 19 of them.

That's a stat I never even knew existed, let alone learning that Fields topped the league, altho granted with such a small sample number. Still, it's encouraging to know that Getsy will design to his strength. And it's sounding like Fields will get a LOT more of these designed rollouts. I'm guessing 3x, maybe even 4x more.
I wonder if we will EVER have a QB where we won't hear about how "We need to get him more designed roll outs! He throws better on the move!". I honestly think it's a euphemism for "this QB is shit and can't see the field or feel the pocket!". Cutler, Mitch, and now Fields. I haven't stopped hearing this since 2009. This is not very encouraging.

I'm surprised you have never heard of roll out numbers, LSD. Our QB's have ALWAYS done well in that department. Good lord, I never hear the end of it. It looks like I'll hear it even more going forward.

On the other hand, what would be encouraging? If Fields looks like an NFL QB from the pocket this year. Sees the field, doesn't panic, doesn't drop his eye level, processes fast enough, doesn't hold the ball, doesn't bail on the play and look to run, etc.

Designed roll outs can work sporadically in certain situations. It can keep teams honest. However, it's totally absurd to think it should or will ever eat up a decent chunk of your passing plays. You can only cut the field in half on yourself a certain number of times.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we will EVER have a QB where we won't hear about how "We need to get him more designed roll outs! He throws better on the move!". I honestly think it's a euphemism for "this QB is shit and can't see the field or feel the pocket!". Cutler, Mitch, and now Fields. I haven't stopped hearing this since 2009. This is not very encouraging.

I'm surprised you have never heard of roll out numbers, LSD. Our QB's have ALWAYS done well in that department. Good lord, I never hear the end of it. It looks like I'll hear it even more going forward.

On the other hand, what would be encouraging? If Fields looks like an NFL QB from the pocket this year. Sees the field, doesn't panic, doesn't drop his eye level, processes fast enough, doesn't hold the ball, doesn't bail on the play and look to run, etc.

Designed roll outs can work sporadically in certain situations. It can keep teams honest. However, it's totally absurd to think it should or will ever eat up a decent chunk of your passing plays. You can only cut the field in half on yourself a certain number of times.
Geez, so nail me to a cross for not knowing that specific stat. Is this the same richi who just a couple weeks back actually thought the Bears could go 9-8? With each subsequent post you're sounding ever more depressing. And sadly for you it's about to get worse because you can bet your bottom dollar that Getsy will be calling a lot more rollouts for Fields this year.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, so nail me to a cross for not knowing that specific stat. Is this the same richi who just a couple weeks back actually thought the Bears could go 9-8? With each subsequent post you're sounding ever more depressing. And sadly for you it's about to get worse because you can bet your bottom dollar that Getsy will be calling a lot more rollouts for Fields this year.

The Bears can go 9-8. If things go well and they stay healthy they could probably go 10-7 and then get pounced in the playoffs.

They could also go 6-11. Or 5-12.

It's popular right now to think they are going to be drafting #1. But, honestly, they will probably yet again sit right around being completely mediocre.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears can go 9-8. If things go well and they stay healthy they could probably go 10-7 and then get pounced in the playoffs.

They could also go 6-11. Or 5-12.

It's popular right now to think they are going to be drafting #1. But, honestly, they will probably yet again sit right around being completely mediocre.
I was never disputing the possibility, however unlikely it is, that the Bears could actually creep up over .500 for the season, especially with a favorable schedule. I think just about everything would have to go right, but I won't rule it out. Now I'm more than happy to admit that I completely debunk the idea we'll end up with the worst record in the NFL. A possibility? Of course, we have so many question marks, starting with a whole new regime and a sizable turnover in the roster, that until we actually play some games we really don't have a clear understanding as to what we have as a team.

As of this moment, I'm continuing to think along the lines you mentioned that I bolded. Somewhere in the 5-6 win region. Things can change, but for now, I'm leaning in that area.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You idiots are basically saying anything can happen. Couple of rocket scientists in here discussing the Bears possible record. Good lord.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You idiots are basically saying anything can happen. Couple of rocket scientists in here discussing the Bears possible record. Good lord.
Uhhhh, are you not the one who keeps hedging his statements by saying it's POSSIBLE that the Bears could finish with the worst record in the league....or maybe not. Of course you won't flat out predict it, because then no matter how they finish you can say "told you so", which is what you're so fond of always doing after the fact.

So c'mon Corky, you're so sharp, let's see right now your prediction how the Bears will finish this season.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There you are not talking football again. Why? Because you can't. You know as much about football as an Ethiopian child knows about eating at a buffet.

Go cleanse something.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you are not talking football again. Why? Because you can't. You know as much about football as an Ethiopian child knows about eating at a buffet.

Go cleanse something.
It's okay, he opened that can of worms. So I decided to do as I often do with Corky and proceeded to let him

1654199780593.png

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go cleanse something.

Uhh yeah because talking about how anything can happen is riveting football talk.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh, are you not the one who keeps hedging his statements by saying it's POSSIBLE that the Bears could finish with the worst record in the league

Uhhh yes i did in response to your (or someone else's) dumbass opinion they couldn't finish last in the league. And I said yes they could. End of discussion. But you dimwits wants to keep going back and forth with how the Bears can finish anywhere between last in the league to 10-7. WOW. AWESOME STUFF.

No one knows what will happen. The Bears will finish anywhere in between last in the league and somewhere in the 10 win range. There. Happy?

End of idiotic thread.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh yes i did in response to your (or someone else's) dumbass opinion they couldn't finish last in the league. And I said yes they could. End of discussion. But you dimwits wants to keep going back and forth with how the Bears can finish anywhere between last in the league to 10-7. WOW. AWESOME STUFF.

No one knows what will happen. The Bears will finish anywhere in between last in the league and somewhere in the 10 win range. There. Happy?

End of idiotic thread.
Fair enough. I'm always happy when you include yourself when calling everyone an idiot. Thanks Corky!!!

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh yeah because talking about how anything can happen is riveting football talk.

Contributing nothing, calling everyone an idiot, and then completely screwing the pooch when you talk about anything football related isn't exactly a great look sport.

You've tried talking about football like 5 or 6 times in the last year or so and was laughably wrong each and every time.

Just continue being the half retarded court jester and we will continue laughing at you.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contributing nothing, calling everyone an idiot, and then completely screwing the pooch when you talk about anything football related isn't exactly a great look sport.

You've tried talking about football like 5 or 6 times in the last year or so and was laughably wrong each and every time.

Just continue being the half retarded court jester and we will continue laughing at you.

Keep exaggerating and distorting reality old guy. Have u figured out the purpose of tanking yet? Is it still to win the Super Bowl? Yeah come back to me when u get there.

Laugh away.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I'm always happy when you include yourself when calling everyone an idiot. Thanks Corky!!!

You must come from grey pubes school of the witless.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep exaggerating and distorting reality old guy. Have u figured out the purpose of tanking yet? Is it still to win the Super Bowl? Yeah come back to me when u get there.

Laugh away.

A couple weeks ago you made a claim that the Bears had an old roster. Yet they have only 9 players on the roster 29 or older.

You sink every time you try to talk football. And that’s why you stick to insults. It’s all you’ve got.

Status
Not open for further replies.