• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears restructure Charles Leno’s contract

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very smart, but this is usually a spring time move. Wondering if we might see news of a trade drop over the next week or two. The Mack trade was September 1st. Clearly, a move of THAT magnitude (or anything really close to it) is not coming. However, Pace has shown that he's willing to be aggressive when he sees something that could improve the team. Don't be shocked...

It could also be for next year's free agency/draft period, I get that. Maybe I'm incorrect in assuming that they would wait until spring 2020 if that was the case.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very smart, but this is usually a spring time move. Wondering if we might see news of a trade drop over the next week or two. The Mack trade was September 1st. Clearly, a move of THAT magnitude (or anything really close to it) is not coming. However, Pace has shown that he's willing to be aggressive when he sees something that could improve the team. Don't be shocked...

It could also be for next year's free agency/draft period, I get that. Maybe I'm incorrect in assuming that they would wait until spring 2020 if that was the case.
It might just be a move to ensure we are able to sign our already existing players to extensions. If Trubisky busts out, we will need all the room we can get to keep him, Jackson, Smith, Nichols, Miller, etc around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney boys Clowney. And the first one of you to rain on my parade is gonna get it. We understand each other???

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might just be a move to ensure we are able to sign our already existing players to extensions. If Trubisky busts out, we will need all the room we can get to keep him, Jackson, Smith, Nichols, Miller, etc around.

Definitely could be it. No doubt. Perhaps Leno was just willing to negotiate now and wanted it over with. Instead of having it hanging over his head all year.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney boys Clowney. And the first one of you to rain on my parade is gonna get it. We understand each other???
Floyd + 6th rounder we got for Howard seems fair. Hehe

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd + 6th rounder we got for Howard seems fair. Hehe
Actually, that's an intriguing offer, certainly not out of the reality realm. So many times when fans make suggested trades, it's almost always lopsided in favor of their team. At least you're offering value in return.

I'm a bit perplexed why the Texans, who seem to have plenty of cap space, don't try to work out a deal. Maybe it's the injury bug with him. After all he's only had one season where he's played 16 games. Maybe that's why, who knows.