• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Pre-Game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow 4th in offense by simply coaching up the guys we have

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shut the hell up and play , sorry ass bust

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect here at all, KK has been amaaaaazing so far this year.

There is a narrative that KK drops off mid way thru the season as his ‘offense’ gets figured out by the league.

There are also stats that back this up.

This is the year KK can dramatically change all that talk

I‘m rooting for him and us to see how he adjusts and reacts.

I didn't wanna post that part about KK's offense, but it is accurate. in part I think it had to do with Murray taking too many hits as the season progressed. Most alarming maybe that looking at the Skins offense now. KK hasn't altered his play-calling much if at all.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping Jayden Daniels plays for you guys. I’m hoping the bears defense is healthy too. The bears defense with a healthy Gordon, Stevenson, and Brisker will make it a lot harder on the redskins passing offense. I’ve been touting them as probably the best secondary in the nfl when healthy this year. In order to get your offense going, you will need to get the run game going.

I thought our defensive weakness was going to be DLine, but I have been pleasantly surprised with a lot of the players. You all already know sweat, but Gervon Dexter might actually be the crown jewel of the DLine already in his second year. Demarcus Walker and Andrew Billings are both playing great. Darrell Taylor was brought in as a situational pass rusher and he’s been solid in that role. Austin Booker is making all of the right plays as a rookie. This kid is going to be very good someday, but for now he’s setting the edge and containing the play. The sacks will start coming soon for him.

The linebackers have been decent too. Edwards and Edmonds have been very good ever since they came to chicago. They can cover the field and make plays. They are kind of an afterthought when it comes to this defense, but they are as solid as they come in the middle.

Offensively, we have been struggling with our iOL. A lot of that might have been the teams we are playing, the titans iDL may be the best in the game and they thoroughly dominated that game. The iOL has had time to gel since then, but they will probably be a weakness all year. The tackles aren’t special either, good edge rushers can beat them. They have been shuffling the OLine around and seem to have been getting better, but Washington’s DLine will be another important test.

Our RB room is pretty average. Swift isn’t bad, but he’s not going to make the running game. His main back up is Roshon Johnson who’s a decent runner and pass catcher out of the backfield. If swift ever gets injured Johnson has the skills to become a quality 3 down back for a few games. Neither guy will burn you with speed, but they are reliable.

Our pass catchers are probably some of the best in the nfl too. You will need to cover all 3 of our WRs. DJ Moore will probably draw your number 1 Corner (if you match them up and not line them up to cover parts of the field). Him and Caleb seem to be working on that chemistry. Allen will probably work the slot, he’s been getting more use lately after struggling with injuries. He’s due for a big game getting lots of first downs. Then you have Odunze who seems to be becoming a bigger part of the game plan every week. Carter has been very underrated catching balls this year too. Then you have Kmet and Everett at TE who both are good pass catchers. Swift should snag some passes out of the backfield too. Caleb will spread it around and collect completions if you allow him to.

Your guys’ keys to winning the game are collapsing the pocket with pressure up the middle on defense and getting the run game going on offense. If you accomplish those two things in this game, I think you have a good shot at winning.
Thanks for taking the time to give us a really comprehensive overview on your team and players. It was a great read from the perspective of a Bears fan.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't wanna post that part about KK's offense, but it is accurate. in part I think it had to do with Murray taking too many hits as the season progressed. Most alarming maybe that looking at the Skins offense now. KK hasn't altered his play-calling much if at all.
I hadn’t read anything like taking too many hits, it was more about Kyler and his work on film study as well as his youth in the NFL. But that drop off appeared in college as well. Youve now motivated me to look into that story a bit more.

The designed runs up the middle into the FAT boys alarm me the most with regards to Jayden. Thankfully there hasn’t been too much of that.

Most analysts who’ve spoken of KK offense comparing from the past have mentioned that the offense has many of the same structures as previously but many added dimensions in window dressing and complexity. Also much more creativity.

Success for many of the plays relies on speed and the run game. Shutting that down creates obvious problems as we saw against the Ravens but Jayden to his credit passed from the pocket like a ninja making pin point throws.

Kyler as we saw in our game, not really that successful with his accuracy on throws under pressure.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Context Panthers, but it’s been obvious that Sanristil has been growing and playing hard

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable when you realize the entire NFC North is included. That’s gonna be a battle, reminds me a bit of how the NFCbeast used to dominate division match up games and rivalries.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some key players to keep an eye on as the week progresses

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing really new to note here but there is definitely a tone that lends itself to Jayden possibly not playing given his importance to the franchise.

Still way too early in the week to know anything of real value. Probably won’t even see him practicing until Fri I’m beginning to think.

Interesting call in from Jay Gruden to 106.7 The Fan, saying he could see a path to Jayden starting the game at NOT 100%, with heavy scrutiny from the staff as to how he ‘looks’ and ‘whether he appears comfortable’. Pulling him if their appear to be any issues at all.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Kliff and his 2nd half history I would have to think having assistant coaches that were head coaches might help keep that from happening. Fingers crossed.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Kliff and his 2nd half history I would have to think having assistant coaches that were head coaches might help keep that from happening. Fingers crossed.
Definitely another possible factor I think.

Also, something that hasn’t been mentioned, is the cumulative affect of hits possibly taken within the offensive style/structure. Don’t know enuff regarding that to speculate, especially since I didn’t follow the Cardinals that year (just remember getting ass kicked IIRC) or follow college ball.

Thats yet another thing I am wondering, could the hit in the Gnats game that knocked Jayden out for a snap have had a cumulative effect in the rib area? There’s also a history there from a rib injury in college.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy stat for the DMV

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooooo, just to let on how old my sorry ass is…. This whole ‘drip’ word, just beginning to understand the context now. Had to to look up ’Riz’, luckily I was able to figure out ‘aura’ on my own… :happyshake: