• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Pre-Game

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has any relevance for Sunday. Biggest game of the year so far was the Baltimore game.

This is the most important game of the year. Don't want Chicago getting to 5-2 with a tie-breaker over us.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive showing from the Bears here…

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is better than FedEx. That place is a dump now. I just always heard from Sheehan and others how we need a stadium like M&T. It just seemed ordinary to me.

Concessions were a mess. Maybe AT&T spoiled me.
rfk was great.
Don't know yet. I'm thinking it'll be a game time decision unless the rib is more banged up than they thought.
if they think they can win with mm from the start,,he,ll sit.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Despite rookie star QB Jayden Daniels exiting the game with a rib injury, the Commanders OFF continued to hum with back-up Marcus Mariota under centre. Daniels is now week to week, although the general consensus is that he will not be out for too long (if at all).

The burgundy and gold will face a much sterner challenge this weekend. The Chicago Bears will be in town, and they too have a stud young quarterback in the shape of the overall number one pick in the 2024 draft, Caleb Williams.

At times, the discourse on social media has been rather tetchy between fans of the Bears and Commanders. Here at UKHTTC, however, we remain as the adults in the room and offer a hand of friendship to Ant of The Irish Bears podcast who answers the questions posed by UKHTTC founder Christian Burt.

UKHTTC: The Bears, not to dissimilar to Washington, are a franchise that might finally be on the up. What’s been your broad view through the first 6 in a tough NFC North division? It seems you’ve performed great at home (unbeaten) and less so on the road (0-2)?

Ant: The NFC North is stacked: I mean four really good teams growing rapidly.

From the Lions continued resurgence, to Vikings pushing them all the way and still being 5-1, to the fact Green Bay (unfortunately) have one of the best HC in the game, it makes things tough for Chicago.

But as a Bears fan the excitement is real, Caleb has started to purr and last two games put away a couple of average teams with ease, not something us Bears fans are used to!

Our road games against Colts (worst performance of season) and a very good Texans team showed the offensive teething problems.

Remember, new OC and coaching ticket x Rookie QB etc - issues are there. But overall we have seen week on week improvement, which is both surprising and joyous to us glory starved Bears fans.

What was your view of the Bears in FA and the 2024 Draft and how has former Commander, DE Montez Sweat, been performing?

GM Ryan Poles has done a great job especially what he inherited, Caleb was a no brainer (even with Daniels performing well in Washington) and WR Rome Odunze feel into his lap. But moves such as Byard, Keenan Allen have started to bear fruit.

But last year he made big moves like as you say Montez Sweat: who to put it simply has been a wrecking bomb for Matt Eberflus’ defence. It’s the DEF that makes this team tick and look at the amount of takeaways, pressures and havoc they create, which is making life a tad easier for a Rookie QB like Caleb.

I am sure Montez is really looking forward to return to Washington (keep an eye out for Gervan Dexter at 3T, he has massively benefited from have Montez and Billings beside him).

Who is an unsung hero on the Chicago roster who Commanders fans should look out for on Sunday?

The likes of DJ Moore and Keenan Allen are household names, but TE Cole Kmet was on fire lately, especially in London. However, I think WR Rome Odunze will break out soon and that might be on Sunday!

Where might Washington have some successes vs the Bears?

The Chicago DEF can struggle when a WR slants across the front of Edmunds, so I can see the Commanders testing there. Washington seem to be creating something on OFF under Kingsbury, so this should be a big test for Bears

And where do you feel the Bears can capitalize on a burgundy and gold weakness?

On OFF: I can see our receiver core in Moore, Allen and Odunze causing you real problems.

ON DEF: the Bears secondary who cause most opponents an issue.

Is this a game with an edge given the Williams and Daniels draft positions or do you feel there is no major rivalry between Chicago Commanders?

Not from my side.

I liked Daniels coming out of college and he is showing that promise now, best of luck to him and Washington as I hope he plays and is fit after that rib injury. It would be fun to see the #1 & #2 of the 2024 draft go Head-to-Head

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rfk was great.

if they think they can win with mm from the start,,he,ll sit.

From what I've heard/been told. Rib issues are easy to aggravate and they take a long time to fully heal.

May be best to go with MM on that basis alone