• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Pre-Game

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like this answer from DQ

Hope Jayden plays this week BUT addressing the rib injury as 'week to week', taking all precautions and making the right decision for him

Real answer, no subterfuge

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see him playing this week .

Good thing we got Lucas who can step up from 50% snaps to 100% if needed. That rotation has come with myriad benefits this season

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like this answer from DQ

Hope Jayden plays this week BUT addressing the rib injury as 'week to week', taking all precautions and making the right decision for him

Real answer, no subterfuge

If he can throw Sunday without pain, he should play. I wouldn't call designed QB runs Sunday

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping its a bone bruise over a cartilage issue but DQ savily not touching on specifics

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can throw Sunday without pain, he should play. I wouldn't call designed QB runs Sunday
Designed runs are part of his game and the teams offense.

If he can't operate at that level with or without pain, sit him from my point of view

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Designed runs are part of his game and the teams offense.

If he can't operate at that level with or without pain, sit him from my point of view

It doesn't have to be. We can win without the read option or designed QB run plays. He can be a pocket passer and move around in the pocket to be effective. Doesn't have to be a Michael Vick to be effective.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota starting wouldn't necessarily be terrible, as we've seen back ups come in and win at least the week they start. There's an element of the unknown for Chicago that would exist. Hesitation on defense will get you killed. Could be a win, win whoever starts

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota starting wouldn't necessarily be terrible, as we've seen back ups come in and win at least the week they start. There's an element of the unknown for Chicago that would exist. Hesitation on defense will get you killed. Could be a win, win whoever starts
but if he can throw without pain why cant he play?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if he can throw without pain why cant he play?

I haven't heard that he's pain free throwing the ball. I'm just saying if he can't play, I'd assume there's an element of mystery trying to defend Mariota. That mystery would work in our favor. I'd liken it to when Dalton had a great 1st game when he took over the starting job

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard that he's pain free throwing the ball. I'm just saying if he can't play, I'd assume there's an element of mystery trying to defend Mariota. That mystery would work in our favor. I'd liken it to when Dalton had a great 1st game when he took over the starting job

i just said IF he is pain free on Sunday.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No man waits on a bill that he has to spend a lifetime paying for. The only times that you see this is because he doesn't want to have to do it alone and wants her to come through it. Or, he's standing in front of a judge!
had great ins both times like dad and never been busted

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD5 will play and the whole playbook will be open

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have three legit wrs. Tough match up for us. Gotta turn Caleb over. I hope they don't force it with Jayden. This could be a loss with or without Jayden. They need to lean on Brob and Ekeler.

Caleb excels shredding the middle of the filed but deep balls is an area he's 50/50 at. If Washington's football team stops the run it would be the way to force turnovers out of him.

Glad to see Daniels is working out. For all of The Redskins fans who stuck around for the current team you guys deserve to finally have a franchise QB as much as Bears fans.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caleb excels shredding the middle of the filed but deep balls is an area he's 50/50 at. If Washington's football team stops the run it would be the way to force turnovers out of him.

Glad to see Daniels is working out. For all of The Redskins fans who stuck around for the current team you guys deserve to finally have a franchise QB as much as Bears fans.
I never waivered.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping Jayden Daniels plays for you guys. I’m hoping the bears defense is healthy too. The bears defense with a healthy Gordon, Stevenson, and Brisker will make it a lot harder on the redskins passing offense. I’ve been touting them as probably the best secondary in the nfl when healthy this year. In order to get your offense going, you will need to get the run game going.

I thought our defensive weakness was going to be DLine, but I have been pleasantly surprised with a lot of the players. You all already know sweat, but Gervon Dexter might actually be the crown jewel of the DLine already in his second year. Demarcus Walker and Andrew Billings are both playing great. Darrell Taylor was brought in as a situational pass rusher and he’s been solid in that role. Austin Booker is making all of the right plays as a rookie. This kid is going to be very good someday, but for now he’s setting the edge and containing the play. The sacks will start coming soon for him.

The linebackers have been decent too. Edwards and Edmonds have been very good ever since they came to chicago. They can cover the field and make plays. They are kind of an afterthought when it comes to this defense, but they are as solid as they come in the middle.

Offensively, we have been struggling with our iOL. A lot of that might have been the teams we are playing, the titans iDL may be the best in the game and they thoroughly dominated that game. The iOL has had time to gel since then, but they will probably be a weakness all year. The tackles aren’t special either, good edge rushers can beat them. They have been shuffling the OLine around and seem to have been getting better, but Washington’s DLine will be another important test.

Our RB room is pretty average. Swift isn’t bad, but he’s not going to make the running game. His main back up is Roshon Johnson who’s a decent runner and pass catcher out of the backfield. If swift ever gets injured Johnson has the skills to become a quality 3 down back for a few games. Neither guy will burn you with speed, but they are reliable.

Our pass catchers are probably some of the best in the nfl too. You will need to cover all 3 of our WRs. DJ Moore will probably draw your number 1 Corner (if you match them up and not line them up to cover parts of the field). Him and Caleb seem to be working on that chemistry. Allen will probably work the slot, he’s been getting more use lately after struggling with injuries. He’s due for a big game getting lots of first downs. Then you have Odunze who seems to be becoming a bigger part of the game plan every week. Carter has been very underrated catching balls this year too. Then you have Kmet and Everett at TE who both are good pass catchers. Swift should snag some passes out of the backfield too. Caleb will spread it around and collect completions if you allow him to.

Your guys’ keys to winning the game are collapsing the pocket with pressure up the middle on defense and getting the run game going on offense. If you accomplish those two things in this game, I think you have a good shot at winning.