• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Bears Post Game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was a kid, I went to a Utah Jazz game where they were down by 36 points to the Denver Nuggets. At halftime, I went down to my uncles seats and told him that we (Jazz) were going to win. At that time they were down by 34. We ended up winning by 11 points. I don’t think I would leave a game early, no matter what, but based upon that, I certainly couldn’t ever (besides down 9+ on defense with one second). Besides, if half the people are leaving early and half the people are leaving on time so you’re not really beating much traffic. A bit, but not much. Besides, when you lose a game, it sucks, but commiserating with other fans is part of the experience.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fan of this team knows we will never be able to return to the name Redskins. At this point we just want a name other than Commies and a return to our logo and spear.

OK, I wasn’t sure, I just knew that they wanted to change the name and I hear all the time about Native Americans who like the name.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was delayed a few minutes and my stupid friend texts me that the Bears are cursed. Damn friend, he knows better than to reveal anything. so I knew something was going to happen. That ruined part of the wow for me.

Replying to myself because I can’t edit the above post anymore and I know you all really are wondering what I wanted to say ;), but I did think that maybe the Bears would fumble or get an interception or have a non-flag play on their touchdown drive. That could’ve been a curse as well. So I didn’t really know what was going to happen until they scored and then it was anticipation of the Hail Mary.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice summation tho I'd give Bears Defense kudos for being incredibly stout in the red zone

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats guys.

You were all good sports this week letting us Bears fans come in and chat.

I was too sad to post last night but despite it being at our expense, I'm happy for y'all.

You guys have a heckuva team. Those wrs are no joke, and neither is that defense. I understand you were missing some folks too? Sheeeeeessh.

Williams looked like a superstar in the fourth quarter.

Glad to see that the future is bright for both our franchises.…

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure. We had two more TDs but one was called incomplete and one had an illegal man downfield. Why didn’t Cosmi flop again?
good point, shoulda included the Ertz TD.

thinking Allegretti and Cosmo just too pumped on those screens in the moment

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw Sweat was sidelined with a 'shin" that he had sustained earlier in the game

Chicago Bears- Wash 18, Chi 15

This game was a great example of why coaching matters.- Coming off their bye, it was back to “is there a plan here” for Shane Waldron, as there were a lot of bizarre route combinations early that didn't seem to serve a greater purpose

.- Washington brought heat all game, yet there were a number of pass plays, including third downs, with no hot route. That’s not the first time this has happened this year in Chicago.-

Those factors are a big reason why Caleb Williams struggled in the passing game, because there wasn’t much there throughout the day.-

I did not have a huge issue with the 4th and 1 smoke to DJ Moore, as they were essentially trying to get their best player in a 1 on 1 iso situation, which they did, the Washington defender just made a play. It happens.- I did think that decision was overly aggressive, too early for a high-caliber defensive team.-

Giving a third and goal from the 1ish handoff to a backup center, however, was unnecessary on a variety of levels and a borderline fire able offense.-

Bears OL was banged up and definitely lost their matchup with Washington’s pass rush.- Caleb Williams made a number of miraculous plays with his feet in muddy pockets/ in traffic. Not only is he fantastic out of structure, but he’s an extremely talented runner on designed runs.-

I’m sure people will overreact to Williams box score/ advanced metrics (EPA) in this game, I wouldn’t advise that because there is a lot of missing context in this one.-

D’Andre Swift had another really strong game. He also picked up a free DT in pass protection and stood him up, didn’t know he had that in him.-

Found it kind of bizarre that Swift had no targets or that Waldron didn’t try to get him in space given how often Washington brought at least 5.

- Long term, I think the Bears have the league’s best defense. They stalled Washington on their first two drives in the RZ, three overall. Chicago held them to field goals all game, and they got better as the game went on in virtually every area.-

Montez Sweat had a great game, where his dynamic athleticism ended a few drives where Jayden Daniels may have escaped from most other Edge players in the league.-

I remember when Sweat was traded to the Bears last year he was “ranked” as the 40th best edge rusher or some nonsense like that. We all get stuff wrong, but that was bad.-

Continue to be impressed by Bears DT Gervon Dexter.-

Overall, giving up 12 (real) points on a day where Jayden Daniels played well, and the Bears offense did not, is encouraging.-

I’ve been critical of the Bears coaching staff since the offseason, but I wouldn’t put one corner back acting like a fool on a hail mary on anyone other than said cornerback. On a team level that’s just a disaster, freak play on a hail mary that was thrown five yards short.-

The layup they gave up on the previous play bothers me more in some ways.-

Lastly, Chicago’s “spy” on the hail mary was meant to spy Daniels so that if Daniels extended, that player would then essentially delayed blitz and not give Daniel’s a clean throw. Right idea, bad execution is my read on that one.-

I don't think Sweat was on the field for the final play, but I have not double checked.