• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears in talks with Jared Allen

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
LOL...Let's just get the NFC Norse back to being the best division in football. even if that means the Packers win a few,...;-)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Let's just get the NFC Norse back to being the best division in football. even if that means the Packers win a few,...;-)

Will-Smith-Yelling-No-I-Am-Legend.gif

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other name being tossed around right now is :

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1m
#Packers DE Mike Neal could potentially be in play for #Bears and would be homecoming for Merrillville native. http://SportsHoopla.com/1njZKKk

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And going to the Bears?? Not sure you heard...He want's a ring, not just a change in scenery..
I never said the Bears were worse, you just figured , I'm sure.
And Dickhead?? Dude, I thought you were cool..lol
I got a thumbs down from something called leomaz....lol. She evidently doesn't like me..

I mean... you came here talking some shit, figured I'd throw it back. Obviously it's nothing personal.

And I never said he wanted to go to the Bears. I just thought that coming from a Vikings fan, it was strange to hear people shit talking about "rings". When there's the obvious history of the Vikings not winning a SB, coupled with the fact, that if you haven't checked the Bears have a pretty god damned high powered offense with all eleven players returning. In the NFL, that puts you within striking distance.

I would never call them a legit SB contender right now, but they have one side of the ball figured out. Which already puts them ahead of AT LEAST half of the league. Probably more.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol... Fair enough. Sorry, I guess I misread you man. I thought you came here with the sole intention of being a dick. Hence, the "dickhead" call out.

I rescind my "dickhead" name call. :suds:

How do you feel about your Vikings off-season thus far?

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I mean... you came here talking some shit, figured I'd throw it back. Obviously it's nothing personal.

And I never said he wanted to go to the Bears. I just thought that coming from a Vikings fan, it was strange to hear people shit talking about "rings". When there's the obvious history of the Vikings not winning a SB, coupled with the fact, that if you haven't checked the Bears have a pretty god damned high powered offense with all eleven players returning. In the NFL, that puts you within striking distance.

I would never call them a legit SB contender right now, but they have one side of the ball figured out. Which already puts them ahead of AT LEAST half of the league. Probably more.

I was only retaliating...honest. ;-)
The Bears have a great offense, and I'm a huge fan of Cutler(BD can vouch for me wanting him here), and love Trestman.
But that defense was only 2 points different than the Vikes. I just don't think of them as a Super Bowl contender..maybe with Allen they are, but I doubt it. He wouldn't be much different than Peppers TBH..

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, my 2 pennies in this whole thing: JA is going to sign with Seattle. The guy wants a big contract, and they just made plenty of cap room to give him the money. The Bears may pick up some scrubs for the DLine, but I think they eventually get Melton to return.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only retaliating...honest. ;-)
The Bears have a great offense, and I'm a huge fan of Cutler(BD can vouch for me wanting him here), and love Trestman.
But that defense was only 2 points different than the Vikes. I just don't think of them as a Super Bowl contender..maybe with Allen they are, but I doubt it. He wouldn't be much different than Peppers TBH..

Oh, trust me. I understand. However, they've also made the addition of Lamar Houston, and what is seemingly a solid safety in Ryan Mundy from the Giants. (Anything serviceable is an upgrade at this point)

Jared Allen on the other side of Lamar Houston. A healthy Lance Briggs and DJ Williams in your LB corp. A few draft picks in the secondary. I mean, all Bears fans are looking for is a step up into mediocrity from this defense. The way I look at it, we have about a two year window with this offense as is. You'd like to say three with most major players under contract through then... but in today's NFL. Three years is light years away. So much can happen.

Reshaping a D in two off-seasons and getting it into form is not unthinkable. Heck, I mean, the offense put up 445 points last year. The D doesn't have to be dominant to contend.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who you calling a she?

And going to the Bears?? Not sure you heard...He want's a ring, not just a change in scenery..
I got a thumbs down from something called leomaz....lol. She evidently doesn't like me..

Kiss my ass DICKHEAD..........ALLEN LEFT THE VIKINGS BECAUSE WANTS A RING......HE WILL COME TO THE BEARS IF HE WANTS TO GET ONE.......Go Away Granma

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing about the Bears JR is they have the offense for a SB team,the D is lacking.
it will take afew players on that part ofthe team to ge us there.
If you add a few defensive pieces,we are back in the thick of it.....So yeah,I think the Bears are close to being that team....

And too tell you the truth,Carolina gets a bonafide wr and an o-line,they may be the team to beat.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Kiss my ass DICKHEAD..........ALLEN LEFT THE VIKINGS BECAUSE WANTS A RING......HE WILL COME TO THE BEARS IF HE WANTS TO GET ONE.......Go Away Granma

LOL!!
This is cute.. I haven't had a conversation with a 6 year old in 12 years, my kids are 18 and 19.
Hey little buddy, would you like a super Bowl win this season??
If you promise to be a good little boy, the Bears will win it for you..

C

cubzzzfanincali

Ok, my 2 pennies in this whole thing: JA is going to sign with Seattle. The guy wants a big contract, and they just made plenty of cap room to give him the money. The Bears may pick up some scrubs for the DLine, but I think they eventually get Melton to return.

Well, Jerry Angelo would be a pretty good pickup for them.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I'd check out what Chicago was saying about Allen.

I doubt Seattle signs him. Seattle's not going to give him some 3 year $30M deal let alone 2 years $20M. They have too many important FAs coming up and they don't have THAT much cap room. They still have holes at OL and are entertaining Finley.

I actually see Seattle grabbing Hatcher and asking Clemons to re-structure. Hatcher will be like 3 years $18M and generates the interior pass rush Seattle needs. Bennett, Avril, Clemons, Irvin will generate all the outside pass rush they need.

Seattle already lost one of their pass rushing DTs (McDonald) to the Bucs and Hatcher is a far better player.

Allen is acting like a big baby asking for ridiculous contracts. Seattle wont give it to him.

He's all yours imo lol. No sour grapes if you guys take him.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Jared Allen + Seahawks defense =

ME SHUDDERING IN FEAR.

At least during 2014. Man, if you gave Seattle a die hard real high end pass rusher...oh my God....

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the Bears JR is they have the offense for a SB team,the D is lacking.
it will take afew players on that part ofthe team to ge us there.
If you add a few defensive pieces,we are back in the thick of it.....So yeah,I think the Bears are close to being that team....

And too tell you the truth,Carolina gets a bonafide wr and an o-line,they may be the team to beat.

Well, if Smith is gone, make that 2 starting caliber Wr's and an O line.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Smith is gone, make that 2 starting caliber Wr's and an O line.

Smith is a has been.........
The Panthers offense is sorta like what we had two seasons ago.A good qb in Newton, a good rb in Williams.No o-line and no wrs.
Adding a bonafide wr is 5x the player Smith is.Plus they already have a damn good te in our explayer Oleson.Add an o-lineman cause Cam is always under pressure and was 5th in the league in being sacked and he`s a running qb.He shouldn`t be sacked that much.

I do believe if they had those two players last season,it very well could have been carolina vs Seattle..........They just didn`t have the fire power.

I think Smith just needs replaced.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!!
This is cute.. I haven't had a conversation with a 6 year old in 12 years, my kids are 18 and 19.
Hey little buddy, would you like a super Bowl win this season??
If you promise to be a good little boy, the Bears will win it for you..

Your are a vikings fan.....your insults are invalid:lame: