• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ Falcons

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is a different animal my friend. While JF has lit the world on fire this last month, he has still only passed for over 200 once this season. (That is historically bad), and schematics and just playground craziness has accounted for most of whatever success was achieved. That style is UNSUSTAINABLE.

I will say, he's protected the ball MUCH BETTER over this span than he has in the past, and that is a great thing.

He's a phenomenal athlete that can make throws when plays have gone playground, but he has not proved that he can play within any semblance of a sustainable football scheme.

I completely agree with this. Fields has showed he can run no doubt, but throwing from inside the pocket he has not. I'm going to give Fields some slack here however. Fields did not run like crazy during the beginning of the year or all last year. He tried to be a pocket QB but couldn't do it. Whether that be lack of playmakers outside or breakdown in protection. Nevertheless his first instincts right now is, if target #1 isn't open, run. And it's worked. It's quite phenomenal how much this offense has changed since the beginning of the year. Bottom line though, I agree with the statement, Fields has not shown consistent ability to throw from inside the pocket. Better protection may help to settle him down and do just that though.

draft a WR and a pass catching TE to fill out the offense. Find depth where you need it.

OMG. Every year a WR. We drafted a WR already, his name is Claypool. And we took him in the 2nd when we should have taken him in the 4th. Remember you liked this move?

And a pass catch TE????????? His name is Kmet. Holy shit.

Draft lines. Oline, Dline. Games are on in the trenches. It's amazing how so many ppl don't understand this very basic concept.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fields gets the offense from the 25 to the endzone....does it matter how those 75 yards were gained?

Yeah it does. You're less likely to get a dislocated shoulder when passing than running. This is where you argue with some lame bullshit that everyone will ignore.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with this. Fields has showed he can run no doubt, but throwing from inside the pocket he has not. I'm going to give Fields some slack here however. Fields did not run like crazy during the beginning of the year or all last year. He tried to be a pocket QB but couldn't do it. Whether that be lack of playmakers outside or breakdown in protection. Nevertheless his first instincts right now is, if target #1 isn't open, run. And it's worked. It's quite phenomenal how much this offense has changed since the beginning of the year. Bottom line though, I agree with the statement, Fields has not shown consistent ability to throw from inside the pocket. Better protection may help to settle him down and do just that though.

OMG. Every year a WR. We drafted a WR already, his name is Claypool. And we took him in the 2nd when we should have taken him in the 4th. Remember you liked this move?

Draft lines. Oline, Dline. Games are on in the trenches. It's amazing how so many ppl don't understand this very basic concept.

Notice the first part of my message….which you ignored….called for them to draft the best pass rusher available.

Details.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think a TE that is a better blocker than receiver and is on pace for 550 yards is all you need at TE……you’re probably a brain dead Bears fan.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although I liked Chase Claypool when the 2020 draft came along,we did give up wayyyyy too much for him......
At the very best we should have given up a 3rd.......but just because Poles worried about GB,we had to out fo them......GB beat us at that too so far.....

And,Im also wanting a wr too with a high pick.......now whether thats a 1st or 2nd,doesnt matter to me......as long as a no.1 or 2 is spent on an olineman.....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can draft DL with your first two picks and still add a good WR.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think a TE that is a better blocker than receiver and is on pace for 550 yards is all you need at TE……you’re probably a brain dead Bears fan.

560 yards is misleading because the offense only recently started cooking you dope. Kmet is more than fine. He’s a solid TE. Out of all the positions that this losing team needs, and you put a second pass catching TE on the list show how clueless you are about football. We need one as much as I need a tall. My lord you are an idiot. Keep playing Madden.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team need multiple players on the both sides of the lines. MULTIPLE. if I had it my way I would devote 2/3rds of the draft on lines. Then best player available. Enough w vanity and peripheral positions. Fix the damn lines. That will have the biggest impact BY FAR.

”2nd pass catching TE“. Omg. It’s shocking I swear.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
560 yards is misleading because the offense only recently started cooking you dope. Kmet is more than fine. He’s a solid TE. Out of all the positions that this losing team needs, and you put a second pass catching TE on the list show how clueless you are about football. We need one as much as I need a tall. My lord you are an idiot. Keep playing Madden.

It’s cute that you think adding another TE would somehow stop them from filling other spots.

You can draft a pass catching TE in the 5th or 6th round. Or even pick up one as an undrafted free agent.

Or sign one in the second or third wave of free agency.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here is advocating wanting to be like Jacksonville? Why do you want to complain about things no one is saying?
Because the more you try to convince people that a quarterbacks ability to pass the football has no importance in what types of top tier free agents actually want to play here, the more you make this team like Jacksonville. How does Claypool feel about wanting to play with Fields now? Three weeks in, 5 screen passes week 1, 2 targets week 2, 3 targets week three. He is looking to get in the Cooper Kupp extension of 75 million guaranteed for 3 seasons. How does Mooney even get there?

League rules, you have to spend 92% of the cap. Over a 5 year period you have to be at 95%, so under leads to going over. This is why I make the statement about the league not wanting teams to build thru the draft.

Draft 3-4 starters this year, draft 3-4 next year, you never get get to the minimum.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the more you try to convince people that a quarterbacks ability to pass the football has no importance in what types of top tier free agents actually want to play here, the more you make this team like Jacksonville.

I'm curious where I ever tried to convince anyone of that. Could you point it out?

How does Claypool feel about wanting to play with Fields now?

Don't know. Him and I don't speak much these days honestly. I'll text him though.
He is looking to get in the Cooper Kupp extension of 75 million guaranteed for 3 seasons.

Fuck off....no he isn't. Where do you get this shit from? Straight out of your own ass, that's where.
League rules, you have to spend 92% of the cap. Over a 5 year period you have to be at 95%, so under leads to going over. This is why I make the statement about the league not wanting teams to build thru the draft.

That in no one prevents teams from building through the draft. In fact....if you do build well through the draft you end up spending all that money because the players that you draft that play well end up getting paid well on their 2nd contract. So if you're a team that drafts well consistently...you're gonna spend to the max more often.

Your statement is bullshit.
Draft 3-4 starters this year, draft 3-4 next year, you never get get to the minimum.

You do when it's time for their second contact. Because you're either paying them or paying someone to replace them.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
560 yards is misleading because the offense only recently started cooking you dope.

Okay...so let's just base it off the last 5 weeks when it started "cooking".

In that time he's average 3.2 catches per game on 4.4 targets for 38.6 yards and a touchdown. Which prorates over the course of a full season to 75 targets for 54 catches and 656 yards with the anomaly being 17 touchdowns, clearly the touchdowns would be less. But let's say he manages 8 to 10 touchdowns, maybe even 11 or 12.

That's a pretty good year for your average tight end. Those are peak Kyle Rudolph numbers....the tight end Kmet probably fairly compares to.

I'd happily take those numbers. And I'd very much happily take a second pass catching target at TE.

The Chiefs have the best TE in the game. They still spent a 4th round pick on Noah Gray and have included him in the offense.

It's only Bear fans that believe you need 2 WRs and 1 TE that can catch.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...so let's just base it off the last 5 weeks when it started "cooking".
Or how about the last 3 weeks? Oh but that doesn't fit your narrative better now does it? Kmet currently is tied with the 2nd most TDs by TEs right behind Kelce. AND Kmet doesn't have Mahomes throwing to him. Kmet doesn't even have a QB that throws more than 25x a game. THINK!

The Chiefs have the best TE in the game. They still spent a 4th round pick on Noah Gray and have included him in the offense.
Omg are you seriously comparing us with the Chiefs? Noah Gray is averaging 1.5 catches per game and you think somehow we need a TE like this given our current circumstances? A Noah Gray is the type of player you add as icing when you already have a team ready for the Super Bowl.

Gray was also a 5th round pick. They probably just got him as best player available at that point. Which i don't have a problem with either. But don't put a pass catching TE on the list. How many 2nd pass catching TEs can you think of in the last 10 superbowls that have contributed in a bigger way than lines??

It's only Bear fans that believe you need 2 WRs and 1 TE that can catch.
It's about priorities old guy. A Noah Gray will not move the needle on this team. We need trench guys. THAT is the point.

You're so stupid. This is a waste of my time having to explain the basics to you.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or how about the last 3 weeks? Oh but that doesn't fit your narrative better now does it? Kmet currently is tied with the 2nd most TDs by TEs right behind Kelce. AND Kmet doesn't have Mahomes throwing to him. Kmet doesn't even have a QB that throws more than 25x a game. THINK!

Omg are you seriously comparing us with the Chiefs? Noah Gray is averaging 1.5 catches per game and you think somehow we need a TE like this given our current circumstances? A Noah Gray is the type of player you add as icing when you already have a team ready for the Super Bowl.

Gray was also a 5th round pick. They probably just got him as best player available at that point. Which i don't have a problem with either. But don't put a pass catching TE on the list. How many 2nd pass catching TEs can you think of in the last 10 superbowls that have contributed in a bigger way than lines??

It's about priorities old guy. A Noah Gray will not move the needle on this team. We need trench guys. THAT is the point.

You're so stupid. This is a waste of my time having to explain the basics to you.

Explain how adding a TE via free agency or a mid to late round draft pick stops them from filling other important spots.

I’ll wait while you do that.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain how adding a TE via free agency or a mid to late round draft pick stops them from filling other important spots.

I’ll wait while you do that.
Grey pubes: "draft a WR and a pass catching TE "

You're a waste of my time.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets add a Noah Gray to put us over the top baby! Out of all the things this team needs, it's a Noah Gray!

I repeat:

How many 2nd pass catching TEs can you think of in the last 10 superbowls that have contributed in a bigger way than lines??

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grey pubes: "draft a WR and a pass catching TE "

You're a waste of my time.

That didn’t answer my question at all.

The Bears can address both the offensive line and the front 7 as well as add more weapons on offense all in 1 offseason.

Prove me wrong.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets add a Noah Gray to put us over the top baby! Out of all the things this team needs, it's a Noah Gray!

I repeat:

How many 2nd pass catching TEs can you think of in the last 10 superbowls that have contributed in a bigger way than lines??

You’re right. Every offseason move is a blockbuster meant to propel the team over the top.

The Eagles had a backup TE throw one of the most memorable touchdowns in NFL SB history.