• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ Falcons

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three straight games now. 6 total. Bears final possession, with the football, chance go down and tie or win. Fields can't even move it into the opposition's territory when he has to use his arm. In the past three games, all we've needed is FG range. Not even close, any of those times.

He ain't there yet. He's not good at passing yet. Quit fooling yourself, Bears fans. He has a loooong ways to go.

Hope he gets there, but oof... this looks like Mike Vick or Lamar Jackson (sans a HOF head coach and great supporting cast) to me. IMO, worse than if Fields just straight up sucked. Now, for the next decade, we will be in a reoccurring cycle of making the playoffs, losing, and then believing falsely that we can win with him. He would need one HELL of a defense to get there, as it stands right now.

His leap would require a Josh Allen like development as a passer. Which, is rare.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the lighter side:

Two best postgame trash talks that came my way on the way out the stadium yesterday:

“Man that QB of yours aint did sh*t today” followed by a full on Roscoe P Coltrain skew skew skew laugh.

“Thanks for bringing all that Bear meat down here for us” as they were postgame tailgate grilling.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you WATCH the games, or just look at the stat lines?

Was his catch that of a playmaker or a chump? Top 5 catch of the year so far, if ya ask me. Must be his terrible hands. How many times was he targeted? I'm sure that was all on him being such a below average player and poor route running en sech, right?

Fields is not a successful pocket passer. His instinct is to bail. With or without real pressure. He is a great playground QB.

Was watching the Charger game last night...the amount of darts that Herbert threw while facing a closing pocket and pressure up the middle was awesome to watch. Fields is NOWHERE near that. I know our o-line isn't great and our WRs are not necessarily world beaters, but he hesitates habitually. On the run, his accuracy is unbelievable, from the pocket, it is not great.

There were plenty of throws where he had plenty of time, but held onto it or bailed out. Just as he has done all season/career.

Everyone knows he's got a long ways to go, except you. We get it, you've got a man-crush. Just settle down a bit, that's all.

Kmet’s catch was great….but what else did he do the rest of the game?

Fields threw a TD…ran one in as well. Made a few amazing plays including the pass to Monty.

Yet one guy you lose your shit over and think he’s amazing and the other guy the jury is still out on. Make it make sense.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields was 5 for 5 for 65 yards on the game tying touchdown drive.

But the kid can’t do anything in the 4th quarter.

Bears fans don’t deserve a good QB because they don’t know how to behave when they have one. Clearly he should already be in the prime of his career and throwing 400 yards a game. But let’s build a Kmet statue because he’s on pace for like over 500 yards this season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields was 5 for 5 for 65 yards on the game tying touchdown drive.

But the kid can’t do anything in the 4th quarter.

Bears fans don’t deserve a good QB because they don’t know how to behave when they have one. Clearly he should already be in the prime of his career and throwing 400 yards a game. But let’s build a Kmet statue because he’s on pace for like over 500 yards this season.
Michael Vick never won it all so Justin Fields is screwed. /discussion

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp.....Justin out for the Jets game.....

Someone smack our dumbfuck coaches upside the head for me please........

Its gonna be official,we will have a top 5 pick by seasons end....
Like I said, I got no problem with that, let the northwestern guy show if this offense is completely the problem or not. If he can get rid of the ball in the 2-3 seconds that the plays are designed for, maybe Justin sees something from the sidelines. If he ends up with 12 sacks and throwing for 90 yards, maybe the coaches see it is the scheme.

Hopefully Justin is healthy for the Fudge game. More hopefully, these bonehead coaches dont call 15 running plays for him if he is healthy.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s amazing that you can watch 6 guys attempt to block 4 and fail doing so and still walk away thinking that Fields might be the problem.

Just mind numbing stupidity.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I got no problem with that, let the northwestern guy show if this offense is completely the problem or not. If he can get rid of the ball in the 2-3 seconds that the plays are designed for, maybe Justin sees something from the sidelines. If he ends up with 12 sacks and throwing for 90 yards, maybe the coaches see it is the scheme.

Hopefully Justin is healthy for the Fudge game. More hopefully, these bonehead coaches dont call 15 running plays for him if he is healthy.
Siemen is awful.

I'm not sure how he's in the NFL honestly.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet’s catch was great….but what else did he do the rest of the game?

Fields threw a TD…ran one in as well. Made a few amazing plays including the pass to Monty.

Yet one guy you lose your shit over and think he’s amazing and the other guy the jury is still out on. Make it make sense.
You are so weird. I didn't "lose my shit". Don't be gay. It's just funny, cuz since you stated Kmet sucked, he's lit it up.

QB is a different animal my friend. While JF has lit the world on fire this last month, he has still only passed for over 200 once this season. (That is historically bad), and schematics and just playground craziness has accounted for most of whatever success was achieved. That style is UNSUSTAINABLE.

I will say, he's protected the ball MUCH BETTER over this span than he has in the past, and that is a great thing.

He's a phenomenal athlete that can make throws when plays have gone playground, but he has not proved that he can play within any semblance of a sustainable football scheme.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so weird. I didn't "lose my shit". Don't be gay. It's just funny, cuz since you stated Kmet sucked, he's lit it up.

QB is a different animal my friend. While JF has lit the world on fire this last month, he has still only passed for over 200 once this season. (That is historically bad), and schematics and just playground craziness has accounted for most of whatever success was achieved. That style is UNSUSTAINABLE.

I will say, he's protected the ball MUCH BETTER over this span than he has in the past, and that is a great thing.

He's a phenomenal athlete that can make throws when plays have gone playground, but he has not proved that he can play within any semblance of a sustainable football scheme.

The first paragraph sums up everything about you. I never said Kmet sucks. I said he’s a good blocker and average pass catcher and that’s it. I said he’s more Kyle Rudolph than Travis Kelce. Not a game changer….not a play maker. And guess what? That’s pretty much exactly what he is.

I would read the rest of what you wrote but when you start out with dishonest bullshit…why bother?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fields didn’t get hurt and played the remainder of the season the way he has the past five weeks….he’d end the season with damn near 40 total touchdowns against 11 INTs.

But yeah…let’s talk about yards. Points win games. Doesn’t matter how you score them.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first paragraph sums up everything about you. I never said Kmet sucks. I said he’s a good blocker and average pass catcher and that’s it. I said he’s more Kyle Rudolph than Travis Kelce. Not a game changer….not a play maker. And guess what? That’s pretty much exactly what he is.

I would read the rest of what you wrote but when you start out with dishonest bullshit…why bother?
Yer like a woman.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fields didn’t get hurt and played the remainder of the season the way he has the past five weeks….he’d end the season with damn near 40 total touchdowns against 11 INTs.

But yeah…let’s talk about yards. Points win games. Doesn’t matter how you score them.
If wishes were fishes we'd all have a fry.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, yards though. Let’s bitch about yards.
well, yards sure seems to be important when everyone says how many he is running for, so, isn't expecting passing yards the same thing?
I dont want the bears to be like Jacksonville, fill up the roster with free agents there for the guaranteed money with no expectations when Poles has no parachute of dead money to fill his cap minimum. The league makes it impossible to truly build thru the draft. I see Justin drawing some players to Chicago, but when the WR's look at stats of the receivers on the roster while thinking about breaking the bank with their next contract, they want a guy that will get them the ball. The current argument is, all the really good ones signed extensions, the free agents are weak, so we have to trade for some and force them to be here. That is the angle, get him going in the passing game just like they did in the running game, we were just hoping he got there before his first running injury.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, yards sure seems to be important when everyone says how many he is running for, so, isn't expecting passing yards the same thing?

In baseball if you get to first via a walk or a hit...does it matter? The end result is you're on first.

If Fields gets the offense from the 25 to the endzone....does it matter how those 75 yards were gained?

Yards are yards. Points are points.
I dont want the bears to be like Jacksonville, fill up the roster with free agents there for the guaranteed money with no expectations when Poles has no parachute of dead money to fill his cap minimum.

Who here is advocating wanting to be like Jacksonville? Why do you want to complain about things no one is saying?
The league makes it impossible to truly build thru the draft.

No the league doesn't. Plenty of teams build through the draft and then use free agency as needed. Happens all over the league.
The current argument is, all the really good ones signed extensions, the free agents are weak, so we have to trade for some and force them to be here.

Honestly best case scenario is the Bears use free agency to build up the front 7 and offensive line and use the draft to add a couple playmakers on each side of the ball. Draft the best pass rusher available....draft a WR and a pass catching TE to fill out the offense. Find depth where you need it.