• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Battle for the bottom.....Houston 8/8-10

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again with the absolute statement.

I believe that to be ABSOLUTELY true. Give me a name from our past that we have signed on the open market after he put up 4-5 years like Shields has. I far as I can remember they have always gone elsewhere.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I thought they beat the brewers, but okay. They still weren't a bad team. Focus on the wrong part of what I said.

It should be interesting to see..... I know we signed Darvish as a major FA, but he was international and never experienced the conditions of our ballpark first hand ( I'm referring to the heat and the tendency for balls to fly over the fence easier). Considering the quality of the front office, we should be able to attract middle tier guys like Shields. I hope so.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another example of baseball knowledge on display.

And ya know, if the money had been the same between us and Dodgers, he'd still signed there b/c he wants to hit. Damn good at it too.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be interesting to see..... I know we signed Darvish as a major FA, but he was international and never experienced the conditions of our ballpark first hand ( I'm referring to the heat and the tendency for balls to fly over the fence easier). Considering the quality of the front office, we should be able to attract middle tier guys like Shields. I hope so.
Doubt we get #1 pick the way Colorado is playing, Nightcrawler

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a roof in Phoenix and Houston and the balls fly out just the same....So your point is irrelevant.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt we get #1 pick the way Colorado is playing, Nightcrawler

What pisses me off is that unless you get the first pick you get the third pick, because Houston fucked up the signing on purpose.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you calling a middle tier guy like shields?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the balls just don't seem to carry at our park the way they use to

That could be because guys like Hamilton, Napoli, Kinsler, and Cruz no longer play here too. I have a feeling Joey Gallo will not have any problems getting the ball to carry out of here.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be because guys like Hamilton, Napoli, Kinsler, and Cruz no longer play here too. I have a feeling Joey Gallo will not have any problems getting the ball to carry out of here.

Kinsler played there last year and how many homers did he hit? The other teams have their own power hitters, and guess what? The numbers have been down.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a top level free agent like a Scherzer, Verlander, Darvish, Kershaw, or Price would be.

Shields isn't an ace, but he is a quality #2 pitcher. I wouldn't refer to him as mid tier, but that is just me.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pisses me off is that unless you get the first pick you get the third pick, because Houston fucked up the signing on purpose.
They should not be allowed this. Thought Players Union filed a complaint on what happened on this. Though, it will probably be thrown out.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i was thinking more about opposition hr's. seems like the changes that were made have cut down on the jet stream that used to carry normal FB's out