• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barkevious Mingo

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maybe the Mingo ate your baby

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, Do you still think that he's overrated? Do you still believe that Lemonier is better OLB than he is? Tonight Mingo is going to show the world that explosive first step that makes QBs have nightmares

lol of course Mingo won't do anything!

If Mingo proves me wrong & plays better than Lemonier I'd eat my fitted cap if I actually had a webcam that could film my eating of said hat, (not that Lemonier did anything except make a single tackle) and if Mingo does more, it will only be because the rest of said defense sucks balls.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, Do you still think that he's overrated? Do you still believe that Lemonier is better OLB than he is?

Yes and yes.

I'll be watching tonight to see if he can prove me wrong.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo has Von Miller type potential if the Browns know what to do with him. He's very scheme specific though and he's not gonna thrive in many situations but if they KNOW what to do with him, he's a weapon defensively.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mingo has Von Miller type potential if the Browns know what to do with him. He's very scheme specific though and he's not gonna thrive in many situations but if they KNOW what to do with him, he's a weapon defensively.

He's not as strong at the point of attack as Miller, but he makes up for it with his length. His long a$$ arms is able to shield offensive linemen away from his body to prevent getting blocked. I do see the same explosiveness as Von with that first step and closing burst, and ability to disengage from blockers with ease despite their light weight. Mingo is going to be a headache for coaches to deal with in the league. I was trying to tell Sick that, I thought the bowl game against Clemson was more than enough to convince Sick, but it did not.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I thought the bowl game against Clemson was more than enough to convince Sick, but it did not.

Don't get me wrong; I don't think Mingo is a bad OLB. I just like Lemonier better. I think Lemonier is stronger & has an even better first step (it's close). Mingo deserved to be a 1st rounder IMO, but 6th overall was way too high IMO.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't Mingo gotten at least 1 sack in every day that he's played in thus far? Dude has been very impressive there is absolutely no denying that.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hasn't Mingo gotten at least 1 sack in every day that he's played in thus far? Dude has been very impressive there is absolutely no denying that.

He has but he hasn't generated much OTHER pressure in the forms of hurries or hits PER snap. He has 0 QB hits and 1 QB hurry. He has one of the worse pass rush productivity numbers in the NFL (via PFF), among players who are in a 3-4 defense. I think he's 49th out of 53 players that play in a 3-4 that qualify for that stat.

I have not seen too many of his rushes or how he's been used so I can't say if he's actually getting quality rush chances but that gives you a little idea involving some kind of outsider analysis.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It seems like Glenn is having his way with Mingo today. It's like when he hits the tackle, Mingo just stands there dancing with him. And he's been moved pretty easily in the running game IMO.

The only thing he's done rushing the passer is when Manuel didn't have anywhere to throw the ball & Mingo finaly chased the Manuel out of bounds.

Not enough Aldon Smith & way too much Manny Lawson IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My reaction to Mingo tonight was just as "meh" as it was when he was in college.

Am I just drinkin' hatoraide? What did you see?

I missed part of the 3rd quarter.