• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 11...@ CLE***TNF***

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree with your rating of the Steelers Defense, ATL. They made plays on first and second down many times forcing the Browns in to third and longs. I remember thinking that the Steelers D was going to have a great game. Only for the upcoming third and long to be converted. The Steelers just could not stop Mayfield from extending the play on third down. Very frustrating. Steelers have to get better at this. The offense is going to have to take over in one of these games and not put everything on this possibly tired defense again.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to look at this close:

I don't think he's bleeding out of his ear, but it's coming from a cut along the backside, and dripping down.

He's absolutely concussed though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
under mason weve score

I don't think he's bleeding out of his ear, but it's coming from a cut along the backside, and dripping down.

I’d like to find a
Still shot

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dunno i stills ear. The only thing that doesnt make me agree with you is. No one has said contrary to this. You would the nfl or a national media outlet would clarify. With social media snoops today, they would be all over this if it WASNT his ear. I think. I very well could be wrong. For his sake, I 100% hope you are correct.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno i stills ear. The only thing that doesnt make me agree with you is. No one has said contrary to this. You would the nfl or a national media outlet would clarify. With social media snoops today, they would be all over this if it WASNT his ear. I think. I very well could be wrong. For his sake, I 100% hope you are correct.
He was tweeting today.

Doesn't address the blood, but if he was having some serious issue related to that, I doubt he's playing on his phone.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was tweeting today.

Doesn't address the blood, but if he was having some serious issue related to that, I doubt he's playing on his phone.
i hope. head injuries are an odd thing, everyone is different.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League: Mason won't be suspended

Steelers Players: Ooh, that's good news!
tenor.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree with your rating of the Steelers Defense, ATL. They made plays on first and second down many times forcing the Browns in to third and longs. I remember thinking that the Steelers D was going to have a great game. Only for the upcoming third and long to be converted. The Steelers just could not stop Mayfield from extending the play on third down. Very frustrating. Steelers have to get better at this. The offense is going to have to take over in one of these games and not put everything on this possibly tired defense again.

CLE was 6-16 on 3rd down, so they actually did a pretty good job overall getting off the field. The problem was most of the 6 they converted were due to Mayfield extending the play. lol...made it seem worse than it was.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLE was 6-16 on 3rd down, so they actually did a pretty good job overall getting off the field. The problem was most of the 6 they converted were due to Mayfield extending the play. lol...made it seem worse than it was.
Cleveland had a LOT of chances because of all the turnovers, short drives from the Steelers.

The Defense did a great job, considering what they were working with.

TOP: 33:56 / 26:04

Steelers TOP for the season is 26th in the league.
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Average Time of Possession (Excluding OT) on TeamRankings.com

Down there with teams that are tanking, and teams where the fans in the stands are chanting for the owner to sell the team.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 DRIVE STATS | Football Outsiders

Steelers offensive points per drive 1.74 (21st in league) (5th worst yards per drive)

Steelers defensive points per drive: 1.65 (6th best in the league)

I'd wager the defensive stat would be even better if the offense gave them a chance to rest once in a while.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As shitty as he's been playing, I wore my Pouncey jersey proudly at Hersheypark this weekend.

Got a lot of great comments on it. And one dirty look from an eagles fan security guard.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this offense is a mess. And I'm worried that the problem isn't just Rudolph. Do we have a number one WR? Do we have an RB1? Is the OL getting too old too fast? All of the above and a 37-year-old QB coming back from a career-threatening injury?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this offense is a mess. And I'm worried that the problem isn't just Rudolph. Do we have a number one WR? Do we have an RB1? Is the OL getting too old too fast? All of the above and a 37-year-old QB coming back from a career-threatening injury?
Biggest loss this season wasn't Ben. It was Munchak.

Brutal kick to the neck that one was.

Find the next best OL guru and throw money at him till he says yes.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest loss this season wasn't Ben. It was Munchak.

Brutal kick to the neck that one was.

Find the next best OL guru and throw money at him till he says yes.
I don't know man. If the Munchak loss is felt that harshly then these guys are absolute scrubs. They're veterans. They've been doing this for years. If they haven't learned anything in all that time and the minute Munchak stops holding their hand they turn to shit...

The problem might be Colbert then. He drafted guys with the football intelligence of a .... football.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. If the Munchak loss is felt that harshly then these guys are absolute scrubs. They're veterans. They've been doing this for years. If they haven't learned anything in all that time and the minute Munchak stops holding their hand they turn to shit...

The problem might be Colbert then. He drafted guys with the football intelligence of a .... football.
The facts speak for themselves. The OL was shit. They hired Munchak and suddenly it was a top tier unit. Munchak leaves, the OL becomes shit.

Obviously they can do it. But they need the right guy leading them. Sarrett isn't doing that, or Flinchtner isn't letting him do that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland had a LOT of chances because of all the turnovers, short drives from the Steelers.

The Defense did a great job, considering what they were working with.

TOP: 33:56 / 26:04

Steelers TOP for the season is 26th in the league.
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Average Time of Possession (Excluding OT) on TeamRankings.com

Down there with teams that are tanking, and teams where the fans in the stands are chanting for the owner to sell the team.

Well...I think we're saying the same thing...CLE had so many more possession than PIT, TOP was always going to be slanted towards them. IMO the 3 day rest game had some impact on the Steelers D.

Season stat...yeah, the OFC has some effect on where they are.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I think we're saying the same thing...CLE had so many more possession than PIT, TOP was always going to be slanted towards them. IMO the 3 day rest game had some impact on the Steelers D.

Season stat...yeah, the OFC has some effect on where they are.
I know, I'm just backing up what you said.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facts speak for themselves. The OL was shit. They hired Munchak and suddenly it was a top tier unit. Munchak leaves, the OL becomes shit.

Obviously they can do it. But they need the right guy leading them. Sarrett isn't doing that, or Flinchtner isn't letting him do that.
Maybe. I guess these guys could have been terrible NFL players all along and Munchak make them look good. I guess it's possible.

Or it could be a combination of things.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot more goes into the play of an O-lineman than just being vet-savvy & using technique. That only gets them so far. Being able to read & react to a defense, switching up schemes on point (zone based vs power vs 1-off vs pull-power, etc etc) to fit the need, etc. Munchak was the COORDINATOR of sorts for this OL unit. Sarrett was able to learn from him, but he doesn't have the knowledge of actually playing the game at a HOF level like Munchak. That's a big difference in & of itself.

But I do think that these goons are regressing due to age as well. The interior isn't as strong as it used to be and its making life hell for the offense. Pouncey & Foster just aren't getting the push anymore. They hold up ok in pass-pro, but thats where AVill & Feiler don't hold up as well.