• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 11...@ CLE***TNF***

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 11…Coming off 3 consecutive home games, the 5-4 Steelers finally got over the .500 mark after a difficult 0-3 start. This week, they get the dreaded short week road game for Thursday Night Football.

The opponent is the Cleveland Browns so at least the trip is a very short one. The 3-6 Browns also won last week to stop a 4 game slide. This is certainly not what the Browns faithful expected after a promising 2018, and some major offseason signings to bolster the talent for this season. What has gone wrong for the Browns? I think it’s multiple layers of problems, key injuries, rookie HC decisions, and learning to win with expectations. I said this last year, but imo Dorsey got caught up in the sizzle of the big names with OBJ, Vernon and Sheldon Richardson so maybe he thought his OL was solid. Considering the OFC is ranked 26th, and Mayfield has been sacked 25 times already, clearly they need better pass protectors. The DEF is faring slightly better with a 21st ranking overall, they should get better as they got both of their starting CBs back recently.

Of course Steelers fans have been watching a transformation of the Black & Gold DEF. With the addition of Minkah Fitzpatrick they have vaulted up to 10th in DEF ranking. In 3 of the last 4 games, PIT has allowed less than 20 pts. The OFC ranking is still lagging in the 20s but we’re seeing a little more from Mason Rudolph in the passing game.

Injuries

One of the more challenging tasks for any team traveling on a short week is the health of the team. James Conner (shoulder) is one to watch for practice today, some reports out there that he could play this week. Also looking promising to play is LG Foster (concussion). Ola (hip), and Chickillo (ribs) are both on the injury list this week meaning potentially no OLB backups available for this game…should that hold true, Butler will probably lean on Vince Williams for some breather snaps at OLB.

Outlook

Vegas is starting to come around to the Mason Rudolph led Steelers. They opened the week as a +3 road dog, that number has crept down slightly to +2.5. The Browns should be trying to get Nick Chubb going early in this game. The Steelers did a great job in the passing game vs the Rams, but Gurley was very effective, simply didn’t get enough carries to tilt the game to LA. The Browns have a serious arsenal on OFC if the QB is allowed to sit back and make throws. Of course PIT needs to limit Chubb to something less than 100 yds, but they also need to bring the noise and force Mayfield into some bad throws, get him on the ground a few times.

All that said, I like the Steelers to keep it going this week….24-20 PIT

What say you?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minkah hat tricks and scores a TD his third week in a row.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minkah hat tricks and scores a TD his third week in a row.

That would be ideal!

With this NFL pass thingy...I have seen nearly all of the Browns games. PIT has to exploit the left side of that OL they benched starter Greg Robinson for a couple of games...his replacement apparently hasn't done much better because they went back to Robinson again...of course we know Hubbard (RT) well, TJ torched him with 3 sacks in the tie LY, and he backed that up with another one in the 2nd game.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are gonna be Chubb heavy. Vinny needs to be on the field the most of the three ILB's this game, because he can shut that down better than anyone else. Force Baker to throw. DB's will feast.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are gonna be Chubb heavy. Vinny needs to be on the field the most of the three ILB's this game, because he can shut that down better than anyone else. Force Baker to throw. DB's will feast.

They should be very Chubb heavy based on the way Gurley was running it on PIT. But when you have $31 mil in cap space taken by Landry and OBJ, that's easier said than done.

Speaking of VWil...I agree btw...he should get more run than Barron this week, but I also expect them to try get Kareem Hunt on VWill in the passing game...had like 9 targets in his 1st or 2nd game played in CLE coming off suspension.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, try to contain the run game and put ALL the pressure on Baker to win the game......

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be very Chubb heavy based on the way Gurley was running it on PIT. But when you have $31 mil in cap space taken by Landry and OBJ, that's easier said than done.

Speaking of VWil...I agree btw...he should get more run than Barron this week, but I also expect them to try get Kareem Hunt on VWill in the passing game...had like 9 targets in his 1st or 2nd game played in CLE coming off suspension.

That was his first game

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can stop the run, we have a great chance on blowing the Browns out. It's gonna be a close game as it always is. Even when the Browns won 3 games we still only beat them by a FG. First time since Week 2 that I feel confident in this team enough to make a prediction. So...

Steelers 20
Browns 14

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O... Gotta keep building on each performance and keep the chains moving. Need better production from the receivers this week, but I do expect a heavy dose of James Conner. Success of this unit hinges on Fichtner & Mason to have a clean game. I’m not sure they’ll be ready for this game. This is going to be a very amped up atmosphere. Hopefully Mason responds well to it.

D... Agree with everyone that the recipe should be as simple as shutting down Chubb and forcing Baker to throw. Gotta keep the pressure up and rattle Baker consistently. Can’t let them get momentum because regardless of their record they are still a dangerous team. Stopping the run game will be a tall order. Need the LBs to play lights out.

I expected these teams to split this year and this one makes more sense to be the loss. Short week on TNF always favors the home team. And I think Fichtner will he incapable of changing things up enough to keep them from being predictable. They found success last week so I’m betting Fichtner thinks he can roll out the same gameplan, sorta like the wildcat bullshit earlier this season. The Browns D just has to watch the tape to shut it down. Defense can win this one based on Cleveland giving the ball away. So there’s hope.

CLE 20
PIT 13

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O... Gotta keep building on each performance and keep the chains moving. Need better production from the receivers this week, but I do expect a heavy dose of James Conner. Success of this unit hinges on Fichtner & Mason to have a clean game. I’m not sure they’ll be ready for this game. This is going to be a very amped up atmosphere. Hopefully Mason responds well to it.

D... Agree with everyone that the recipe should be as simple as shutting down Chubb and forcing Baker to throw. Gotta keep the pressure up and rattle Baker consistently. Can’t let them get momentum because regardless of their record they are still a dangerous team. Stopping the run game will be a tall order. Need the LBs to play lights out.

I expected these teams to split this year and this one makes more sense to be the loss. Short week on TNF always favors the home team. And I think Fichtner will he incapable of changing things up enough to keep them from being predictable. They found success last week so I’m betting Fichtner thinks he can roll out the same gameplan, sorta like the wildcat bullshit earlier this season. The Browns D just has to watch the tape to shut it down. Defense can win this one based on Cleveland giving the ball away. So there’s hope.

CLE 20
PIT 13

Well, I hope your outcome is wrong, but I like the post.

Fichtner...I can understand the short week, but knowing this TNF road game as ahead, the coaches had 6 weeks of CLE game tape to look at and at least have a skeleton of a "CLE" gameplan in place.

One little tidbit from the BUF game I noticed...on passing downs they played a lot of single hi S and man, but only rushed 4 after showing 5 or 6. BUF did take a shot early in the game against that look and got a PI...I'll be curious to see what Rudolph/Fich do against it. They have 3 different DBs with at least 2 sacks...I expect them to bring more blitzes tonight, especially if Garrett is not getting heat early...so there will be some opportunities for a WR to make a big play.

The OL needs a clean game...keep penalties to a minimum, especially pre-snap. If they do go man, most likely they will put Ward on Juju, and I'm guessing Greedy Williams on Diontae Johnson in two WR formations, and I like that matchup.

On DEF...it will be interesting to see how Butler works the ILBs in this game...last week Barron got the lionshare of the snaps with Bush seeing the least...probably because it was his former team...this week I expect Bush+VWil in base and Barron in on nickel or dime. The two big names get the majority of the targets, but they will go to the lessor known WRs/TEs...especially with scoring opportunities.

If PIT can go over 20 pts, chances go way up.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like a trap game to me. Our receivers can't seem to consistently get open and Cleveland has some very good cover corners (even if they aren't best in run support). Couple that with Garrett being due for a dominant performance and I really don't like our passing game this week. Can Conner carry the load?

Cleveland 23
Steelers 13

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like a trap game to me. Our receivers can't seem to consistently get open and Cleveland has some very good cover corners (even if they aren't best in run support). Couple that with Garrett being due for a dominant performance and I really don't like our passing game this week. Can Conner carry the load?

Cleveland 23
Steelers 13

Trap? Interesting thought.

Ward is a good CB...that will be a good matchup vs Juju...I don't think they will double Juju much...something to watch. Greedy is good but young...imo, not a good matchup for Johnson's skillset.

Garrett cannot have a dominant performance and PIT win...he has had success vs AVill in the past. With no Nix (again), I expect more two TE formations...Vannett/McD could be a chippers. On the flip...TJ has eaten Hubbard's lunch as well.

With Samuels ready to go, Idt Connor will need to carry the load...maybe 15-18 carries...for a 150...lol

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland 23
Steelers 13
I would hope not. The Steelers aren't even considered favorites here. The Browns are, and it's at home for them.

I don't think Tomlin has gotten to the point where his luxury 'looking past the opponent' mindset can activate.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap? Interesting thought.

Ward is a good CB...that will be a good matchup vs Juju...I don't think they will double Juju much...something to watch. Greedy is good but young...imo, not a good matchup for Johnson's skillset.

Garrett cannot have a dominant performance and PIT win...he has had success vs AVill in the past. With no Nix (again), I expect more two TE formations...Vannett/McD could be a chippers. On the flip...TJ has eaten Hubbard's lunch as well.

With Samuels ready to go, Idt Connor will need to carry the load...maybe 15-18 carries...for a 150...lol
Samuels is the perfect RB for Mason, considering his dink and dunk nature. Just need to balance out his load with plenty of Conner between the tackles.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, NEXT week against the hapless, winless Bengals. That's a possible trap game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samuels is the perfect RB for Mason, considering his dink and dunk nature. Just need to balance out his load with plenty of Conner between the tackles.

I like both RB in the passing game vs their LBs...Schobert is the most active, Mack Wilson was touted as a 34 OLB in the draft, plays the WLB in their scheme.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, NEXT week against the hapless, winless Bengals. That's a possible trap game.

Ok...fair, but if they were playing BAL next week...I can see them looking past CLE a little bit, but they don't have the margin for error for a trap game... they should still be in desperate mode to be honest.