• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 11...@ CLE***TNF***

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot more goes into the play of an O-lineman than just being vet-savvy & using technique. That only gets them so far. Being able to read & react to a defense, switching up schemes on point (zone based vs power vs 1-off vs pull-power, etc etc) to fit the need, etc. Munchak was the COORDINATOR of sorts for this OL unit. Sarrett was able to learn from him, but he doesn't have the knowledge of actually playing the game at a HOF level like Munchak. That's a big difference in & of itself.

But I do think that these goons are regressing due to age as well. The interior isn't as strong as it used to be and its making life hell for the offense. Pouncey & Foster just aren't getting the push anymore. They hold up ok in pass-pro, but thats where AVill & Feiler don't hold up as well.

The Steelers have been known as having one of the top OLs in the league...let's get something straight, this is not the DAL Cowboy OL with 3 guys taken in the 1st round, one guy in the 2nd rd, and the lowest ranked acquisition, Collins was considered a top 10 pick, off the field issues cause him to go undrafted actually.

Individually, the only standout guy in recent yrs on the Steeler OL has been DeCastro and even he struggles against elite level DTs. None of the other positions are studs. Collectively the Steelers OL flourishes...a lot of that was because of coach Munchak.

Position coaches are the biggest game week prep guys. They cover the blocking scheme, key player, DL tendencies, etc.The biggest things in game is showing the players where blitzers are coming from, stunts, etc.

IMO when your QB holds the ball too long, your OL play looks worse that maybe what it really is.

That said...it's time to move on from Foster...I think they will let this be his last yr. I've said before Pouncey might be losing something, he's certainly had issues with the shotgun snap this yr, but I believe they will transition to a new starter when Ben hangs it up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone hear mason's statements today? reading off a note card......sound bush league

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it.

I am ready for the Rudolph era to end, still.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it.

I am ready for the Rudolph era to end, still.

The continued deep breaths and sighs tells you, he does not agree or believe any of what he is reading.
This was written for him and obviously he was made to read it. Instead of answering questions, he continuously tells the press "it goes back to what I said earlier"

This is laughable. Someone make him turn around, Tomlin has a new ass to shove his hand in, and he makes a fine puppet.

:L

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sounded like a scorned toddler being forced to verbally reprimand their mistakes.