• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ban Cam Newton from Century Link? Like... Seriously??

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks fans got a huge break from trolling with the Patriots losing and then some smuck goes and does something like this.:mad2:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherman got humbled a bit after last year's SB loss, he seems to have toned it down a bit this season...or maybe I just haven't had as many opportunities to see him play.

I think that ultimately Newton and Sherman are both nice guys off the field, and most of what they do is for show.
Sherman is the type of guy who will hide in the sewer when he loses but if his team wins he is the first one looking to talk shit to a microphone. I think that is common for people with huge egos and very little maturity.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But coming out with a petition to ban a QB of an opposing team from your home stadium. Because he threw the 12th man banner or whatever it was down on the ground. You've pigeonholed yourself right into a "I'd call you a trfiflin bitch, but that would be too disparaging to triflin bitches everywhere." box with no way out.

This kind of nonsense occurs all the time. I remember a couple of years ago some Niner fans started a petition to punish the Seahawks for their excessive noise at their games.

Some fans simply can't let it go.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is the type of guy who will hide in the sewer when he loses but if his team wins he is the first one looking to talk shit to a microphone. I think that is common for people with huge egos and very little maturity.

None of this is true.

It really is amazing how a single 10 second interview can define someone for years.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of nonsense occurs all the time. I remember a couple of years ago some Niner fans started a petition to punish the Seahawks for their excessive noise at their games.

Some fans simply can't let it go.
I think it is funny that people think online petitions actually mean anything.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't disagree but again that was the same narrative that was said of Sherman a couple of years ago. He is a great guy off the field though from everything I have read. These guys are trying to build something beyond football and unfortunately many times it is that cocky attitude that will get somebody noticed a little more.

Completely agree.

I will never like his his 1st down antics or his superman move but there are more important things in life to worry about.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is funny that people think online petitions actually mean anything.

As far as absurd online petitions go, this one barely moves the needle.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't disagree but again that was the same narrative that was said of Sherman a couple of years ago. He is a great guy off the field though from everything I have read. These guys are trying to build something beyond football and unfortunately many times it is that cocky attitude that will get somebody noticed a little more.
Sherman said in an article, that when his child was born he decided that it was time for him to grown up. Cam will mature in the next few years.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Have you seen most of Sherman's game over the last couple of years, or do you know him personally?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death threats? Who made death threats?

But while in no way advocating that making death threats is OK or a less serious offense than being an overly sensitive, spoiled poopbutt. At least with the death threats you'd have a little wiggle room. A) say the threats weren't serious. B) You was just trying to fuck with Cam's head. C) Maybe use some gunfire sound effects over the PA system too see if Cam will flinch, dive under a bench, outright shit on himself. Be honest now, If Cam shit on himself that would make the fake death threats totally worth it amarite??

But coming out with a petition to ban a QB of an opposing team from your home stadium. Because he threw the 12th man banner or whatever it was down on the ground. You've pigeonholed yourself right into a "I'd call you a trfiflin bitch, but that would be too disparaging to triflin bitches everywhere." box with no way out.

Death threats happen every year. Gostkowski this year, Bevell last year, even Manning in 2013.

Both acts are bitchy, stupid and overreactive. But only one of them is illegal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has stupid fans that do stupid things.
Yes and then there is the Seahawks fan base...

Trust me, I know what it is like to be a part of an embarrassing fan base, but damn, some of your fanbases (yeah I'm throwing NE in too) make Cowboy fans look good...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Anybody in their right mind wouldn't sign that petition. I bet they will have a hard time getting a hundred people to sign it. Most of these people are not "true" football fans, they know very little about any sport!!!
I may sign it just for fun...screw it, let's all sign it and see what happens!!!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and then there is the Seahawks fan base...

Trust me, I know what it is like to be a part of an embarrassing fan base, but damn, some of your fanbases (yeah I'm throwing NE in too) make Cowboy fans look good...

Success makes you a target and brings the worst out of some fans.

Prior to about 5 years ago, the Seahawks were a largely harmless team and few people really cared about them, outside of some NFC West opponents. Win a Super Bowl and be consistently good and all of the sudden people are going to find reasons to hate on you.

No one hated the Patriots in 1999.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh boo fuckin hooo cam dised our #12 flag ,even though he plays for a different team he should like the hawks .. booo fuckin hoooo .. fucking get over it pussies

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may sign it just for fun...screw it, let's all sign it and see what happens!!!
You would do better if you signed a petition to get your team another QB and head coach.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prior to about 5 years ago, the Seahawks were a largely harmless team and few people really cared about them, outside of some NFC West opponents. Win a Super Bowl and be consistently good and all of the sudden people are going to find reasons to hate on you.

I would say winning also does bring a lot of bandwagon fans that don't represent those who have endured 10+ years of following the team. I wouldn't say those fans are a great representation of those who actually love the team and have even when they were not winners. Same thing happened when we got Peyton Manning in we had a lot of people claiming to have been lifelong Bronco fans that honestly didn't know we had a team before Peyton joined us. Same with Tebow fans. Can't let a few outliers who claim to be fans be what speaks for the majority of fans that are actually pretty decent people.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's one way to look at it...
Of course one may state you brought it on yourself (as a fan base, not you) with the cockiness of both the team and fan base...and bringing NE into it doesn't help your argument...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would do better if you signed a petition to get your team another QB and head coach.
I really wanted to laugh, but just couldn't. Next time try "owner" instead and maybe you will be funny...

By the way Rams fan. you probably will be getting a new QB and HC this year or soon...now that's what we call irony...