• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton pissed off another opposing teams fan by taking something from them

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talking about this season.

Sherman benefited being surrounded by elite players that took a lot of pressure off him in 2013 and less so, but still, in 2014. This year was different, as some of you, perhaps inadvertently, pointed out.

I wouldn't go trading the guy or anything, but teams don't avoid him anymore. There's a reason for that.
Teams were stupid for avoiding him to begin with and McCarthy said as much. They still do respect what he does and he made plenty of big plays. If you look at the total defense this year it was the opposite side of his being attacked game after game.

It's not rocket science. If you have Peterson on one side and Cary Williams on the other, who do you think every OC they face is going to go after? And how much less impact is Peterson going to have?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but teams don't avoid him anymore. There's a reason for that.

That's simply not true.

Have an opinion, but you can't make stuff up.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I said I didn't like it either way. There is no making excuses. I didn't like anything about it. And it's worse to doing it as an act than just being a young douchey asshat.

There are no Cowboy players you have ever had issues with? Hardy? Anyone? Do you categorically hate everything about them as much as you appear to want us to do toward Sherman?
Of course I have issues with them and their actions, and I make no excuses for them. I don't say "it's an act". I call them pieces of shit that are only making money because they happen to throw a ball far, run fast, or hit hard. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy what they do on the field, but I don't defend them or make excuses for them.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.... I would take Peterson over Sherman in a close one - give me the punt returning capabilities.

How about that all NFC West defense? :drool:

Peterson on one side, Sherman on the other.. Who are the safeties starting on the NFC West all defense? Could anyone score on these guys? I would hate to be the QB against that squad.

This could be 4 years in a row the NFC West gets to the Superbowl and with 3 different teams.. Yes the Rams are not one of those teams. :gaah:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was humbled by others...not that he made a decision to be humble. He got torched quite a bit this year. The team wasn't up to snuff so far as what he thought he'd be used to for a long time. His silence most of the year said it all.

So you ate admitting that you are only stating opinion and have nothing factual to back it up.

Sherman was just fine this year. Your comments about being "torched quite a bit" is complete nonsense and just goes to show you have no idea what you are talking about.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a PFF account? That's the only place I know to see targets by year for a DB and seeif he is targeted more now. I am actually interested, because he did seem to be watching guys run more this year than usual (in the small sample I saw)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I have issues with them and their actions, and I make no excuses for them. I don't say "it's an act". I call them pieces of shit that are only making money because they happen to throw a ball far, run fast, or hit hard. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy what they do on the field, but I don't defend them or make excuses for them.
And I too don't defend or make excuses and have said as much. I also can still celebrate great plays they make and still say I hate their stupid antics when they have them. So how is this any different? It isn't.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I too don't defend or make excuses and have said as much. I also can still celebrate great plays they make and still say I hate their stupid antics when they have them. So how is this any different? It isn't.

Ok, it isn't. You know your intentions better than I do. "those actions back then were just a ploy" sounds like an excuse, a justification, to me. If not, then great.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it isn't. You know your intentions better than I do. "those actions back then were just a ploy" sounds like an excuse, a justification, to me. If not, then great.
No, I said it's actually worse that he knows better and did it anyway. I'm still not getting how that's excusing him. It was stupid either way and I hated what it made the rest of the team look like. We simply have a QB too timid and boring to help change the views of that team in the other direction. It's the loudmouths and Lynch's bizarre BS that always ends up being the face of the team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't tell the difference we aren't going to be able to get anywhere anyway. He was way over the top with being stupid his first few years in the league. It was discussed at length here. Some fans loved it, others thought it brought an unwanted negative element to the team. It's selfish behavior that sacrifices the teams image for his own gain. They got the ring, he got his endorsements, and dialed it all back. I'm clearly not as bothered by him now as I was then and really no one is up here. Baldwin has said he has changed and yet it hasn't been that long since he did something stupid. Will take more time to buy into his attempted re-branding.

And yet the real point is If you can't stand what Cam does and you are a hawks fan you should also be bothered by Sherman, Bennett, or anyone else on your own team doing similar stupid shit. And I do. Although I do think QB's doing it is far far worse. That's just my opinion. I'll never rally behind johnny football either for the same reason. Grow up and be the part your organization needs you to be. Let the bit players be the douches if you must have one.
Again. I never once said he was not better. I simply pointed out a time when he clearly was a public spectacle since 2013.

edit: And for the record I agree with most everything you say in this post.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't win last year. They lost in dramatic fashion, probably one of the top 3 worst SuperBowl mind-farts.

I say he is still the same asshat he always has been, you just haven't had a chance to see it.
And again that is your opinion. Have you seen many Seahawk games this year? I have seen almost all of the Hawks games this year and Sherman has matured quite a bit over the last two years. This thread is about Cam Newton and hopefully he will mature in the next few years.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know he's a DB when he gets major props for doing something for ONE GAME most classy players do all the time without much effort.

He was given more responsibility this year and I think he failed (using elite CB standards). He was good, which is fine, but he has told us all he's the best and that's how he shall be measured....and he was a miserable failure using that measuring stick.
Sherman was elected "All-Pro", so I guess the voters have a better measuring stick then you do.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talking about this season.

Sherman benefited being surrounded by elite players that took a lot of pressure off him in 2013 and less so, but still, in 2014. This year was different, as some of you, perhaps inadvertently, pointed out.

I wouldn't go trading the guy or anything, but teams don't avoid him anymore. There's a reason for that.
If you have watched many Seahawks games during this past season, you would have seen many teams avoiding going in Sherman direction.