• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton pissed off another opposing teams fan by taking something from them

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right over your head. I accept your opinion even though you couldn't do the same of mine.

Sheesh, and I'm the aggie! Why am I the one explaining the jokes?

I thought it was a great analogy.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's also be clear on what I responded to. This statement below doesn't relegate itself to just words stated with a microphone in his face. The Revis thing WAS since the SB run of '13 and he DID make a public spectacle of himself. I never stated he was still as bad as he was years back. I guess I just don't understand how you can even disagree with what I posted.

"Sherman hasn't been a public spectacle since that SB run in '13. "
If you can't tell the difference we aren't going to be able to get anywhere anyway. He was way over the top with being stupid his first few years in the league. It was discussed at length here. Some fans loved it, others thought it brought an unwanted negative element to the team. It's selfish behavior that sacrifices the teams image for his own gain. They got the ring, he got his endorsements, and dialed it all back. I'm clearly not as bothered by him now as I was then and really no one is up here. Baldwin has said he has changed and yet it hasn't been that long since he did something stupid. Will take more time to buy into his attempted re-branding.

And yet the real point is If you can't stand what Cam does and you are a hawks fan you should also be bothered by Sherman, Bennett, or anyone else on your own team doing similar stupid shit. And I do. Although I do think QB's doing it is far far worse. That's just my opinion. I'll never rally behind johnny football either for the same reason. Grow up and be the part your organization needs you to be. Let the bit players be the douches if you must have one.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Typical douchebag behavior: When you are on top of the world, you can't stop screaming and talking trash to anyone who will listen. You show no respect to your opponents and act like a clown because you can.

What does a DB do when things aren't going so well? You don't hear a peep. No "you mad bro" this year or Crabtree verbal beatdowns (btw...not exactly targeting the elite WRs, but it's easier that way).

There's a big difference in acting stupid amidst success and doing so amidst failure. I guess maybe he deserves some credit for just being quiet.

<shrug>

The criticism of him on the field was that he only would play the left, and wouldn't follow WR's like Revis and Peterson and some others.

This year he did that. Shut down some top flight guys. Yep, he definitely got beat on some plays too, but he, for example, went toe to toe with Antonio Brown, and held his own. 6 for 51 and 0 TD's.

I haven't watched all Pittsburgh's games, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that not many other DB's had that kind of day against him.

So did he get in Antonio's face?

Nope. The two talked on the field after the play.

No yelling, no finger pointing. Just two guys who respect each other.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right over your head. I accept your opinion even though you couldn't do the same of mine.

Sheesh, and I'm the aggie! Why am I the one explaining the jokes?

I respect your opinion, I've taken pains to say just that. You don't have to like the guy. I wouldn't like him if he wasn't a Seahawk either. etc etc etc.

I just disagree with your opinion.

I think he has matured. I have a body of evidence that supports that.

You have an opinion that if he gets back on top of the mountain, he'll erupt again. And to be clear, you may be 100% right. I can't disprove that.

But you can't prove it either.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he HAS matured?

Round and round we go.

I don't equate intelligence to maturity. He went to Stanford, so I'm sure he is intelligent. He was intelligent every time he made a fool of himself in the NFL.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<shrug>

The criticism of him on the field was that he only would play the left, and wouldn't follow WR's like Revis and Peterson and some others.

This year he did that. Shut down some top flight guys. Yep, he definitely got beat on some plays too, but he, for example, went toe to toe with Antonio Brown, and held his own. 6 for 51 and 0 TD's.

I haven't watched all Pittsburgh's games, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that not many other DB's had that kind of day against him.

So did he get in Antonio's face?

Nope. The two talked on the field after the play.

No yelling, no finger pointing. Just two guys who respect each other.

You know he's a DB when he gets major props for doing something for ONE GAME most classy players do all the time without much effort.

He was given more responsibility this year and I think he failed (using elite CB standards). He was good, which is fine, but he has told us all he's the best and that's how he shall be measured....and he was a miserable failure using that measuring stick.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't equate intelligence to maturity. He went to Stanford, so I'm sure he is intelligent. He was intelligent every time he made a fool of himself in the NFL.
And that doesn't give more credence to the idea it was on purpose?

That's exactly why it was a topic of discussion daily here when he was being a total douche.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Which is why I say he has matured. He was just as smart then, but he let his emotions rule him.

Again, you may be 100% right, and his emotions will rule him again. He'll blow up like Vesuvius.

He went all year not blowing up. I responded to Johnson like I did for his sentence about Sherman not 'choosing' to be more humble, but getting humbled by others.

I may have engaged in a slight bit of hyperbole in paraphrasing with 'wuss,' but that's essentially what he's saying. His shvtty play got him humbled, and he could no longer back up his mouth.

Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. :) (where else have I read that in this thread)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know he's a DB when he gets major props for doing something for ONE GAME most classy players do all the time without much effort.

He was given more responsibility this year and I think he failed (using elite CB standards). He was good, which is fine, but he has told us all he's the best and that's how he shall be measured....and he was a miserable failure using that measuring stick.

He didn't just do it in one game. I used one game as an example, since Brown is regarded by many as the #1 receiver in football.

Was he the #1 corner in football this year? No he wasn't. Norman was, imo.

Is that him 'failing?' If that floats your boat.

Peterson had a shvtty year last year. Aren't you glad he kept playing this season?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that doesn't give more credence to the idea it was on purpose?

That's exactly why it was a topic of discussion daily here when he was being a total douche.

The "doing it on purpose" is an excuse his fans use.

JJ Watt has been just as successful in endorsement and did so without being a turd.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't just do it in one game. I used one game as an example, since Brown is regarded by many as the #1 receiver in football.

Was he the #1 corner in football this year? No he wasn't. Norman was, imo.

Is that him 'failing?' If that floats your boat.

Peterson had a shvtty year last year. Aren't you glad he kept playing this season?

Patrick Peterson was. He shut down everyone the entire year. All 16 games. The guy was incredible. PFF I believe agrees.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Um, no.

The problem this year is they went into the season with Cary fucking Williams on one side. And they had a new DC calling plays. Add Kam's hold out and the impact that had and there were issues all over the first half of the season.

Sherman didn't shadow people every game. He did shadow a few when they had to do that and he did fine. Every corner in the league gets burned. None are exempt from giving up yards.

The problem with grading DB's in general is trusting the people doing the grading are accurately determining who's fault a catch was. Were they in man or zone? I've seen Sherman get blamed for plays that he wasn't responsible for and that happens far too often in that position.

Seattle actually used cover 2 a bunch this year and it's not something they are good at as a team. They were forced into it by bad play at the other corner slot and sub-par play by Kam at times. They all got burned by people in that coverage. Frustrated the hell out of us.

I don't know where PFF and the like had him rated, but it shouldn't have been down that far. Top 3 easily.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "doing it on purpose" is an excuse his fans use.

JJ Watt has been just as successful in endorsement and did so without being a turd.
Wait, so I said I hated it when he did so, but I'm just making up excuses? That doesn't make much sense.

I neither excuse it nor endorse it in any way. I hated it. Whether he's a natural asshat or made that image to get more air time and become a household name. Neither makes it any less stupid. In fact doing it on purpose is kind of more dumb IMO. I'm just glad he did dial it down.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Peterson was. He shut down everyone the entire year. All 16 games. The guy was incredible. PFF I believe agrees.

LAST season he got beaten like a rented mule early and often.

He was still an elite player with boat-loads of talent, and he rebounded and had a stellar year this year. See how that works?

Sherman had a 'down' year? Okay. And? I'm still glad that he's a Seahawk.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no.

The problem this year is they went into the season with Cary fucking Williams on one side. And they had a new DC calling plays. Add Kam's hold out and the impact that had and there were issues all over the first half of the season.

Sherman didn't shadow people every game. He did shadow a few when they had to do that and he did fine. Every corner in the league gets burned. None are exempt from giving up yards.

The problem with grading DB's in general is trusting the people doing the grading are accurately determining who's fault a catch was. Were they in man or zone? I've seen Sherman get blamed for plays that he wasn't responsible for and that happens far too often in that position.

Seattle actually used cover 2 a bunch this year and it's not something they are good at as a team. They were forced into it by bad play at the other corner slot and sub-par play by Kam at times. They all got burned by people in that coverage. Frustrated the hell out of us.

I don't know where PFF and the like had him rated, but it shouldn't have been down that far. Top 3 easily.

I didn't watch all the Seattle games this year, but I saw Sherman get torched more in the few games I watched than PP did all year. I agree everyone can grade things using their own standards, but I think you are kidding yourself if you think Sherman wasn't exposed...not as a bad player...but as not worthy of his hype this year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so I said I hated it when he did so, but I'm just making up excuses? That doesn't make much sense.

I neither excuse it nor endorse it in any way. I hated it. Whether he's a natural asshat or made that image to get more air time and become a household name. Neither makes it any less stupid. In fact doing it on purpose is kind of more dumb IMO. I'm just glad he did dial it down.

It should make sense. Making excuses is ones way of justifying poor behavior. So you don't care for his actions but you like him, so you reason that "it must be planned". Just my take on it.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAST season he got beaten like a rented mule early and often.

He was still an elite player with boat-loads of talent, and he rebounded and had a stellar year this year. See how that works?

Sherman had a 'down' year? Okay. And? I'm still glad that he's a Seahawk.

Just talking about this season.

Sherman benefited being surrounded by elite players that took a lot of pressure off him in 2013 and less so, but still, in 2014. This year was different, as some of you, perhaps inadvertently, pointed out.

I wouldn't go trading the guy or anything, but teams don't avoid him anymore. There's a reason for that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should make sense. Making excuses is ones way of justifying poor behavior. So you don't care for his actions but you like him, so you reason that "it must be planned". Just my take on it.
:L I said I didn't like it either way. There is no making excuses. I didn't like anything about it. And it's worse to doing it as an act than just being a young douchey asshat.

There are no Cowboy players you have ever had issues with? Hardy? Anyone? Do you categorically hate everything about them as much as you appear to want us to do toward Sherman?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a thread. So many arguments in here and we even have name calling - this is definitely the "I wanna argue dammit" thread this week.

So far we have:

1) Cam is a dick for taking a flag and throwing it, average QB vs Elite, and dances like Richard Simmons
1a) Seattle 12th lady man is a bit sensitive and hurt
2) Richard Sherman has not matured yet and isn't talking smack because he's not "on top"
3) Celebrating a sack down 20, a first down up 20, and antics on the sideline
4) Money was the volleyball manager for his men's high school team and wore tight shorts

I think Cam is a helluva player, but I just don't care for the celebrations on first down. Anything else I really am ok with. I don't recall Sherm barking a lot last year even after the SB loss. Maybe he was on the sideline barking, but that's ok with me because he's only trying to get his teammates fired up. Sherman this year - I saw him get burnt more than usual. And I hate seeing sack celebrations when a team is down 20 too. Might be the stupidest thing in all of sports. It's like Brazil being down 6 goals to Germany and Brazil scores - you don't see a lot of celebration.

And as far as Money.. he's likes Richard Simmons.