• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad teams find ways to lose games.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right- Not use to playing with a lead. We haven’t learned gow to win and close out games yet. The D definitely did not give up. 3 sacks in the second half (5 total) and holding the NFL’s leading rusher to 57 yards rushing is not a defense giving up.

Credit to the Vikings in the second half they made great adjustments and we did not. We had some breakdowns in coverage but I never saw this team quit yesterday.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the road to get up by 4 scores you need to be more conservative at the end of the first half. 4 scores is huge for a team that rarely gets to 20. Normally 2nd half output is around 7-8 points so you have to assume Vikings will go hurry up and play like a playoff team coming out of half time and Denver will end up around 27 points

2nd half the offense only punted once. The other 3 drives ended in scoring opportunity. I’d say this lost was on McManus. Perfect conditions and he misses when the team needed a veteran to make a play .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team loss but yes McManus had a very crucial part in it when they needed him the most. Surely not gonna pin the loss on one person though.
Just keep telling yourself- Better draft pick! ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was just me, but this game had a strange vibe in the 2nd half .. Perhaps the mics weren't picking up the crowd, or maybe I'm just accustom to the stadium-shaking in Denver when the Broncos mount a comeback, but it just seemed as if nobody believed that Minny could overcome the big lead ( the boos early on seemed louder and more passionate than the cheers as they caught up )

The Vikings comeback just didn't seem to sink in until they went ahead .. Maybe it's just that I had the feeling of "a loss isn't the end of the world"

Whatever the case, this isn't on any one player … McManus is no different than most / every NFL kicker, esp this season, in that he'll miss one out of 4 or 5 attempts in a game ...

Plus, as much as no one likes to hear it, McManus wasn't wearing #25 trying to chase down Diggs on that awful long TD …

Harris also gave up that turning-point completion to TY Hilton in Indy where Brissett broke out of the sure sack/safety .. and vs the Browns, OBJ had him beat at the end of the game, and fortunately, Mayfield didn't see him or couldn't get the ball there ...

We've got two guys playing huge roles in pass defense who weren't even on the team during camp or preseason … With Callahan being out, and the injury to Bausby,, the Broncos have had to piece together a group of CBs, and even though they've played well at times, is it shocking to see something like the 2nd half Minny put together ??

Sure, if McManus hits that 41 yard FG earlier, we prob kick one as time expires and win …. If Allen doesn't throw that awful INT in the red zone, we prob win … If Harris doesn't give up that TD to Diggs, we have a better shot at winning ...

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was just me, but this game had a strange vibe in the 2nd half .. Perhaps the mics weren't picking up the crowd, or maybe I'm just accustom to the stadium-shaking in Denver when the Broncos mount a comeback, but it just seemed as if nobody believed that Minny could overcome the big lead ( the boos early on seemed louder and more passionate than the cheers as they caught up )

The Vikings comeback just didn't seem to sink in until they went ahead .. Maybe it's just that I had the feeling of "a loss isn't the end of the world"

Whatever the case, this isn't on any one player … McManus is no different than most / every NFL kicker, esp this season, in that he'll miss one out of 4 or 5 attempts in a game ...

Plus, as much as no one likes to hear it, McManus wasn't wearing #25 trying to chase down Diggs on that awful long TD …

Harris also gave up that turning-point completion to TY Hilton in Indy where Brissett broke out of the sure sack/safety .. and vs the Browns, OBJ had him beat at the end of the game, and fortunately, Mayfield didn't see him or couldn't get the ball there ...

We've got two guys playing huge roles in pass defense who weren't even on the team during camp or preseason … With Callahan being out, and the injury to Bausby,, the Broncos have had to piece together a group of CBs, and even though they've played well at times, is it shocking to see something like the 2nd half Minny put together ??

Sure, if McManus hits that 41 yard FG earlier, we prob kick one as time expires and win …. If Allen doesn't throw that awful INT in the red zone, we prob win … If Harris doesn't give up that TD to Diggs, we have a better shot at winning ...

Fangio said a safety was suppose to help Harris on that play. A blown coverage.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that has to be taken in consideration is how little experience we have outside of the Oline. No one playing yesterday has 2 full years of experience outside of Jano who is now done for the year.

On Defense we have seen incredible growth from young guys.

This coaching staff is developing players and they are getting better while the coaching staff is developing too. I believe the future is bright for Denver, but there are a few more down days until the up days out number them. Does blowing a 20 point lead hurt? Yes. Are we having growing pains with some of these young guys? Yes.

I know that Drew Lock is the future plan, but I am good with Allen being the backup plan. He has been pretty impressive in his first 2 starts. I really like his composure.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio said a safety was suppose to help Harris on that play. A blown coverage.

That would have been Kareem Jackson as Simmons was covering the TE over the middle ( it was 3rd and 2 )

Jackson was leaning to the opposite side of the field because Yiadom had coverage on that side .. Yiadom had his guy covered better than Harris, but Jackson was still edging over in case Yiadom was thrown at ..

Jackson could have been deeper, but Diggs blew right by Harris ...

Still, that's only one play .. The Vikings scored on every 2nd half possession

Leading up to that game, in the previous 5 years, teams were 0-99 when trailing by 20 or more points at halftime …

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that has to be taken in consideration is how little experience we have outside of the Oline. No one playing yesterday has 2 full years of experience outside of Jano who is now done for the year.

On Defense we have seen incredible growth from young guys.

This coaching staff is developing players and they are getting better while the coaching staff is developing too. I believe the future is bright for Denver, but there are a few more down days until the up days out number them. Does blowing a 20 point lead hurt? Yes. Are we having growing pains with some of these young guys? Yes.

I know that Drew Lock is the future plan, but I am good with Allen being the backup plan. He has been pretty impressive in his first 2 starts. I really like his composure.

Thank you ...You have me way more fired up for next year.