• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G and Pac12 should be banned from playoff

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they don't want to play non-conference games, we have no idea how good their teams will be.

I find it funny that Iowa can go play Maryland or Rutgers but can't play Iowa State.

Completely agree. The lack of manliness on display by the B1G is just sad. Yeah it’s a few neuters in leadership making this decision, but apparently they calculate enough fans are going to sit here and swallow this turd so it’s on us too. I hope this comes back to bite the conference, big time, for the good of the sport as a whole. Man up bitches.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and lol @ a Tennessee fan talking about the playoffs.
I mean they did invent the playoffs in college football :2cents:
image_handler.aspx

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea who knows how good teams will be without playing the Akron and Ball State's off the world :L

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not an argument, that's a statement. If you want to state your argument, then state your argument. It's obviously implied with the name of the thread but I'll let you state it. Unless, you know it's a indefensible argument and would rather play word games. Then you can call it quits.

I like how he ignores all the recent examples of SEC schools struggles/losing to sun belt schools. Classic blatant ignorance.

SEC THOUGH!!11!!!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea who knows how good teams will be without playing the Akron and Ball State's off the world :L
Good point. Normally B10 teams only play 9 conference games, likely 2 cupcake games and MAYBE one P5 OOC. If this season happens, B10 teams will be playing a scheduled of 10 P5 teams; just from their own conference. It will likely result in a tougher schedule for many of the teams. Adding Middle Tennessee to that or Eastern Michigan is rather pointless.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all can't play Georgia State, Kent State, and TN martin this year

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we went from the B16/Pac having superior testing compared to it's OOC foes to now shitting on FCS teams, and they should count as 2 wins automatically?

I feel for those schools that need the payday. And because some conferences are already saying they can't do as good as of a job testing or schedule flexibility they were canceled out of those games.

There's no need to have been so quick to cancel games like Iowa vs Iowa st. Or the Pac canceling games vs the MWC (colorado vs colorado st?) Could all OOC games be canceled and the Big12/SEC/ACC do the 10 plus one agreement next month? Sure they could, but it was way premature to do it two weeks ago. That was my only thing.

I'm still on the boat that the Big 12 goes through it's 12 game schedule, will that change as the season continues to move into the fall? Yes it could, but it can also go on without too many hitches as well.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we went from the B16/Pac having superior testing compared to it's OOC foes to now shitting on FCS teams, and they should count as 2 wins automatically?

I feel for those schools that need the payday. And because some conferences are already saying they can't do as good as of a job testing or schedule flexibility they were canceled out of those games.

There's no need to have been so quick to cancel games like Iowa vs Iowa st. Or the Pac canceling games vs the MWC (colorado vs colorado st?) Could all OOC games be canceled and the Big12/SEC/ACC do the 10 plus one agreement next month? Sure they could, but it was way premature to do it two weeks ago. That was my only thing.

I'm still on the boat that the Big 12 goes through it's 12 game schedule, will that change as the season continues to move into the fall? Yes it could, but it can also go on without too many hitches as well.
B1G already did away with FCS scheduling.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case people thought the CFB season was still happening, let's check in with baseball 3 days in:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A PAC and B1G team played for the first ever CFP Championship. We're waiting on a Big 12 team to get there still.
So you've fully thrown in with the B1G now. This is hilarious. :D

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. The lack of manliness on display by the B1G is just sad. Yeah it’s a few neuters in leadership making this decision, but apparently they calculate enough fans are going to sit here and swallow this turd so it’s on us too. I hope this comes back to bite the conference, big time, for the good of the sport as a whole. Man up bitches.
Heck of a way to put it, but that is very descriptive and accurate IMO. I'll go a little further. It is on us that we've tolerated some of these crappy OOC slates too. I don't understand why season ticket purchasers at these places continue to just fork it over. It appears they might even like those crappy slates.

While I appreciate my Miners getting a big check from some of the P5s, it is pathetic they schedule more than one of our types a year. Hell, probably shouldn't even schedule one. If we can't make it financially without it, we probably shouldn't be playing anyhoo.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you've fully thrown in with the B1G now. This is hilarious. :D

Not as hilarious as you being to afraid to defend the argument that was clearly implied

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case people thought the CFB season was still happening, let's check in with baseball 3 days in:

2 games already cancelled because of Covid. That’s why the Big Ten and PAc want schedule flexibility

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as hilarious as you being to afraid to defend the argument that was clearly implied
The Big Ten historically has struggled against the Sunbelt.

Whoo. Took courage but, there, I said it.

Why are you being obtuse?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten historically has struggled against the Sunbelt.

Whoo. Took courage but, there, I said it.

Why are you being obtuse?

That’s a vague statement that supports an argument but what exactly is your argument? Why are you afraid to say it? It’s obviously implied but you’re unwilling to state it. Sad

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard the Pac is scared of the MWC too