• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G and Pac12 should be banned from playoff

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it's not about travel distance. It's about having the ability to be flexible with the schedule in regard to start dates, bye weeks and potential rescheduled games.

That makes some sense but you could still fit in a few OOC games. The Pac12 could play Fresno State, Boise State, San Diego State, San Jose State, New Mexico, New Mexico State, UNLV, etc. Those schools are all close and I imagine they would be flexible.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes some sense but you could still fit in a few OOC games. The Pac12 could play Fresno State, Boise State, San Diego State, San Jose State, New Mexico, New Mexico State, UNLV, etc. Those schools are all close and I imagine they would be flexible.

The issue is the start dates. The PAC 12 is starting late due to Covid outbreaks in SoCal and USC/UCLA wanting to delay the start of the season (including the start of practice). For those OOC games to be played, some of the PAC 12 teams would have to start practicing earlier than the teams in Southern California. The teams in SoCal would be put at a competitive disadvantage if other teams had more practice time than they did.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it's not about travel distance. It's about having the ability to be flexible with the schedule in regard to start dates, bye weeks and potential rescheduled games.
The issue is the start dates. The PAC 12 is starting late due to Covid outbreaks in SoCal and USC/UCLA wanting to delay the start of the season (including the start of practice). For those OOC games to be played, some of the PAC 12 teams would have to start practicing earlier than the teams in Southern California. The teams in SoCal would be put at a competitive disadvantage if other teams had more practice time than they did.
tenor.gif

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chances are, your communist governments probably won't let you play anyways. I feel bad for the Pac12 fans dealing with the West Coast crap. It is probably why your teams continue to decline. The Pac12 is starting to be closer to move closer to the level of the American or Conference USA than to the SEC, ACC, etc.

You guys need another Pete Carroll.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are, your communist governments probably won't let you play anyways. I feel bad for the Pac12 fans dealing with the West Coast crap. It is probably why your teams continue to decline. The Pac12 is starting to be closer to move closer to the level of the American or Conference USA than to the SEC, ACC, etc.

You guys need another Pete Carroll.

Oregon is playing at a lot higher of a level than Tennessee

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is playing at a lot higher of a level than Tennessee

Are they? I don't see them beating Alabama, Florida, or Georgia either. Granted you would probably beat Georgia State and BYU lol. We weren't playing good at the start of the season.

BTW, B1G fans, pointing out Georgia State doesn't make you look any better because Tennessee still beat its B1G bowl opponent. I mean even Butch Jones went 3-0 against the B1G in bowls. (None of them were close either).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we went from the B16/Pac having superior testing compared to it's OOC foes to now shitting on FCS teams, and they should count as 2 wins automatically?

I feel for those schools that need the payday. And because some conferences are already saying they can't do as good as of a job testing or schedule flexibility they were canceled out of those games.

There's no need to have been so quick to cancel games like Iowa vs Iowa st. Or the Pac canceling games vs the MWC (colorado vs colorado st?) Could all OOC games be canceled and the Big12/SEC/ACC do the 10 plus one agreement next month? Sure they could, but it was way premature to do it two weeks ago. That was my only thing.

I'm still on the boat that the Big 12 goes through it's 12 game schedule, will that change as the season continues to move into the fall? Yes it could, but it can also go on without too many hitches as well.

When OSU won it all in 2002 they played one more game than just about everyone else. A game here a game there isn't relevant. Do i think they'd beat two FCS teams? Yea. It's a pretty irrelevant game from that standpoint.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they? I don't see them beating Alabama, Florida, or Georgia either. Granted you would probably beat Georgia State and BYU lol. We weren't playing good at the start of the season.

BTW, B1G fans, pointing out Georgia State doesn't make you look any better because Tennessee still beat its B1G bowl opponent. I mean even Butch Jones went 3-0 against the B1G in bowls. (None of them were close either).

Yes, yes they are. If you look at any metric in 2019, Oregon was better than Tennessee. That said, I like what Pruitt is doing at UT.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you all about the Texas MNC.. But I'm sure you can tell me all about how Oregon is on the rise and on the cusp of winning one... when reality is Texas as shit as they have been is closer than Oregon and always will be

Texas is much farther away from Oregon to winning a NC ATM. You can't even win your conference.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When OSU won it all in 2002 they played one more game than just about everyone else. A game here a game there isn't relevant. Do i think they'd beat two FCS teams? Yea. It's a pretty irrelevant game from that standpoint.

Yea but some idiot on a message board says that "B1G Struggled with Sun Belt LOL" so they must play those 2 games.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are really going to pretend to die on the hill of "Ohio State irrelevant for not playing Bowling Green and Buffalo" :pound:

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is much farther away from Oregon to winning a NC ATM. You can't even win your conference.
..and it doesn't matter if you win the PAC when it comes to the CFP lately..

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats on beating bad B10 teams in whatever bad bowl games you’re talking about.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they don't want to play non-conference games, we have no idea how good their teams will be.

I find it funny that Iowa can go play Maryland or Rutgers but can't play Iowa State.
how is playing out of conference the only way to know how good or bad a team is?
Oklahoma made the playoff with Houston South Dakota and UCLA

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is playing out of conference the only way to know how good or bad a team is?
Oklahoma made the playoff with Houston South Dakota and UCLA

He is dying on that hill that games against Charlotte, Furman & Troy make Tennessee's season "more legit" than any B1G or PAC team. Of course what else would you expect from a fan of a team thats had to spend the better part of the last 20 years jockying a conference because his team has been regulated to mediocre-average for the most part.

Basically its just something to whine about

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would we know how mediocre Tennessee is without watching them grind it out against Charlotte?

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is dying on that hill that games against Charlotte, Furman & Troy make Tennessee's season "more legit" than any B1G or PAC team. Of course what else would you expect from a fan of a team thats had to spend the better part of the last 20 years jockying a conference because his team has been regulated to mediocre-average for the most part.

Basically its just something to whine about

If a league, as an entirety, struggles OOC, it is a fair comparison point.

For example, let's say Ohio State loses to 6-3 Minnesota (Minnesota being 6-3 in B1G standings). If Minnesota had lost to Bowling Green and North Carolina as well, that loss looks really ugly. It could also be framed the opposite, if Minnesota crushes Bowling Green and North Carolina, Minnesota doesn't look that bad.

We will have no barometer to measure the B1G against. I also have an issue with the B1G playing 9 conference games, I think each B1G team should drop a conference game to play a required OOC game against a Power 5 team.

How many times have we judged National Title teams by their OOC performance or the league performance? We have been doing that for a long time.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a league, as an entirety, struggles OOC, it is a fair comparison point.

For example, let's say Ohio State loses to 6-3 Minnesota (Minnesota being 6-3 in B1G standings). If Minnesota had lost to Bowling Green and North Carolina as well, that loss looks really ugly. It could also be framed the opposite, if Minnesota crushes Bowling Green and North Carolina, Minnesota doesn't look that bad.

We will have no barometer to measure the B1G against. I also have an issue with the B1G playing 9 conference games, I think each B1G team should drop a conference game to play a required OOC game against a Power 5 team.

How many times have we judged National Title teams by their OOC performance or the league performance? We have been doing that for a long time.

Considering most P5 teams only play 1 game against another P5 (if even that) i'd say teams are usually always judged more on their in conference performance.

I dont think we need to see the top teams play Bowling Green and Akron to understand how "good" they may or may not be.

A back fire to your argument would be that Minnesota struggled OOC last year......yet ended up beating Auburn in their bowl game. Funny how that works out sometimes.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like how a team being P5 somehow automatically makes them a quality opponent. There are plenty of G5 teams that are likely better than they lower parts of each P5 conference.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like how a team being P5 somehow automatically makes them a quality opponent. There are plenty of G5 teams that are likely better than they lower parts of each P5 conference.

Sure there is some. But more often then not the P5 is better then the G5. That’s why people look at P5 teams as better then G5.