• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G and Pac12 should be banned from playoff

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to seeing TN and ou play.. I hope TN overachieves and whips the landthieves

I wouldn't bank on it. I think Tennessee would have a shot if it was in Knoxville but not in Norman. I could be pleasantly surprised though. Oklahoma is having to start a new QB.

Tennessee's season will come down to our QB play. It was very inconsistent last year and that is why we lost so many games to start out the season. They have a new freshmen coming in that everyone is raving about that could take Guarantano's spot. We will have to see. I am not buying the hype until I see it.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b
I wouldn't bank on it. I think Tennessee would have a shot if it was in Knoxville but not in Norman. I could be pleasantly surprised though. Oklahoma is having to start a new QB.

Tennessee's season will come down to our QB play. It was very inconsistent last year and that is why we lost so many games to start out the season. They have a new freshmen coming in that everyone is raving about that could take Guarantano's spot. We will have to see. I am not buying the hype until I see it.

jimross.gif

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weird, I was about to post that the image didn't load but it works fine in the quote box.

Also, I don't know if you have kept up but OU moved up its opener against Missouri State to allow for a bye week before they play us.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird, I was about to post that the image didn't load but it works fine in the quote box.

Also, I don't know if you have kept up but OU moved up its opener against Missouri State to allow for a bye week before they play us.
I didn't realize that game was PPV (LOL). Now I know why they moved it up, the buys for that game should be higher than normal. With covid threatening to sideline games, better get your early money game asap.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we had Bowling Green and Buffalo to determine how good we may be. Sad season!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Of course it's because of Covid-19 but it's much less about travel and more about schedule flexibility. With an all conference schedule, you can make sure everybody has the same bye weeks. In that case, you can reschedule any game that is cancelled because a team has an outbreak during the bye week. It's not going to be feasible to reschedule OOC games with every conference doing their own thing.

You can also move the start of the season (which the PAC 12 is planning to do) and make sure everyone starts practice at the same time without putting anyone at a competitive disadvantage.

Looks like you were right.

I read an article yesterday (forget where), but it was asking the question...Why didn't the PAC just go to an 11 game round robin schedule?

The reason they gave was that the extra bye week gives them more opportunities to have make up games in case any have to be cancelled due to a team having to quarantine.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History...it's all Longhorn fans have.

Try winning your conference first, numbnuts.
That's what teams who have no history say.. they don't have much at the present either... again tell me when Oregon was on top? That's right it NEVER has

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you were right.

I read an article yesterday (forget where), but it was asking the question...Why didn't the PAC just go to an 11 game round robin schedule?

The reason they gave was that the extra bye week gives them more opportunities to have make up games in case any have to be cancelled due to a team having to quarantine.
That's why I find it odd that they don't move up the schedule to week 0 (Aug 29th?) Instead of starting 3 weeks later.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History...it's all Longhorn fans have.

Try winning your conference first, numbnuts.

Give it up, Oregon essentially UCF West except they are least can claim they won a title.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what teams who have no history say.. they don't have much at the present either... again tell me when Oregon was on top? That's right it NEVER has

With all due respect to the Longhorns' past history, I do believe in the short run (next 3-to-5 years) Oregon has a better chance at winning a national championship than Texas does. That doesn't mean the odds won't favor the Horns in the long run, though.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to the Longhorns' past history, I do believe in the short run (next 3-to-5 years) Oregon has a better chance at winning a national championship than Texas does. That doesn't mean the odds won't favor the Horns in the long run, though.
Cristobal isn't that great of a coach, he's just one hell of a bagman. In his biggest moments he will crumble.. Not saying Herman is all that great either, but I'd trust him in big games... it's the other games where he completely loses his shit.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cristobal isn't that great of a coach, he's just one hell of a bagman. In his biggest moments he will crumble.. Not saying Herman is all that great either, but I'd trust him in big games... it's the other games where he completely loses his shit.

Based on what?

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not according to SEC Shorts. The Pac12 never makes the playoffs. Of course, the same website advertises the Big12 by saying that one lucky team is able to give Oklahoma a playoff send-off in the Title game.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to SEC Shorts. The Pac12 never makes the playoffs. Of course, the same website advertises the Big12 by saying that one lucky team is able to give Oklahoma a playoff send-off in the Title game.

You are confusing "never" with "infrequently".