• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 expansion

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if the TSL demanded it, or UT was just being nice and including Baylor in the package. Pac called UT's bluff and took Colorado, hoping 5 of the 6 big 12 south schools would still come. Luckily UT is so selfless they didn't.
You guys should support Oklahoma defecting then the conference will fold and you will be free to negotiate with whoever. Still don't know if I buy the TSL blocking the move and if that even would stand up in court. It's not like UT has a shortage of lawyers (heck my brother is UT Law graduate) to fight this.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you that was 2010 article and I'm not shifting through a Google search to find an article 6 years old. You will be my article bitch and like it.

Of course it's 6 years old b/c that was when it happened. Barners, I swear......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should support Oklahoma defecting then the conference will fold and you will be free to negotiate with whoever. Still don't know if I buy the TSL blocking the move and if that even would stand up in court. It's not like UT has a shortage of lawyers (heck my brother is UT Law graduate) to fight this.

TSL can cut funding if wants to. UT can hire any lawyer in the world they want and it wouldn't matter. That's how TSL blocked it from happening. Baylor has some powerful alum in the TSL....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link please...article bitch?

Google it yourself.......man sitting in front of a computer connected to the internet and the most information in human history, but can't be bothered to look up his own info. The time it took you to post this and you'd have had your article

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude Stanford and Berkely OUTRIGHT stated they would not allow Baylor into the conference......were you under a rock?

It was Cal, not Stanford. There were objections by basically every school. Stanford's was academics of all but Texas, UCLA wanted Kansas etc. The only school I've heard Stanford come on record against was BYU not Baylor.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Cal, not Stanford. There were objections by basically every school. Stanford's was academics of all but Texas, UCLA wanted Kansas etc. The only school I've heard Stanford come on record against was BYU not Baylor.

Either way, a great conference could've been formed with full control of California and Texas recruits.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, a great conference could've been formed with full control of California and Texas recruits.

It should've, the only objection with the NW schools was the original Pac 8 stay together which it would've but the conference had a deal with Colorado if they were to ever expand they would be it, since Boulder is Cal Berkeley of the Rockies with their political views.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) CAL Berkeley was the primary school to block Baylor.

2) Texas A&M did not want to go which is equally as important.

So, Texas was trying to figure out a marriage with two seemingly insurmountable issues.
At that point, it was just easier to push on and start the LHN then deal with two headaches from both directions.

It is kind of a shame since Baylor has been exposed as a program not worth fighting for at all.
And A&M was fully looking to leave.....they just had another direction they wanted to drive.

I guarantee Texas would have said "OKAY WE ARE IN" had they known Baylor was r*pe University and A&M had legitimate SEC aspirations.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) CAL Berkeley was the primary school to block Baylor.

2) Texas A&M did not want to go which is equally as important.

So, Texas was trying to figure out a marriage with two seemingly insurmountable issues.
At that point, it was just easier to push on and start the LHN then deal with two headaches from both directions.

It is kind of a shame since Baylor has been exposed as a program not worth fighting for at all.
And A&M was fully looking to leave.....they just had another direction they wanted to drive.

I guarantee Texas would have said "OKAY WE ARE IN" had they known Baylor was r*pe University and A&M had legitimate SEC aspirations.
I agree Texas would have gone to the PAC had they known a third of the conference was going to leave because of them.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas could have gone PAC but I don't think many other teams from B12 really could have gone. I think out of our state,Texas and Texas Tech were going but not Baylor and A&M...Don't remember and I not googling it either. lol. A&M had been flirting with the SEC for a long time almost went with Arkansas back in the 90's and probably had their best opportunity when the SWC dissolved and after Neb and Colorado bolted A&M decided not to let another opportunity slip by. In all honesty, SEC is a better fit for A&M than any of the other options including the B12

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our conference would've been fine with Texas, and the Oklahoma schools instead of Utah but it wouldn't have worked logistically. Our conference is too spread out and for non football schools we have travel partners and for football rivalry week and Colorado and Texas as travel partners and a forced rivalry doesn't fit the model that has made the conference a success. Oklahoma and Texas alone would've worked fine from our side but hasn't ever seen acceptable from their standpoint.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas could have gone PAC but I don't think many other teams from B12 really could have gone. I think out of our state,Texas and Texas Tech were going but not Baylor and A&M...Don't remember and I not googling it either. lol. A&M had been flirting with the SEC for a long time almost went with Arkansas back in the 90's and probably had their best opportunity when the SWC dissolved and after Neb and Colorado bolted A&M decided not to let another opportunity slip by. In all honesty, SEC is a better fit for A&M than any of the other options including the B12
A&M could have gone. They had old Bama coach pushing the SEC. It would have been interesting if A&M wanted to go to the PAC. Baylor issue and then A&M saying no put the deal on hold. The deal might have happened if either of those issues were resolved

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the part of the story that most forget:
A&M did not want to go.

Baylor has some influence no doubt, but they are not some all powerful entity in Texas politics by themselves.

But, Bayor+Texas A&M combined is a different story.

It wasn't worth the headaches to try and force the issue and cause a 3-way split in 3 different directions.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

absolutely correct point, except I'm a little skeptical about the B12 included here.

I do agree that the mindset in College Station is more SEC like.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that the mindset in College Station is more SEC like.
They like to win, compete for national championships, hate conference politics and kick ass in recruiting?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They like to win, compete for national championships, hate conference politics and kick ass in recruiting?

No, they're the only Texans that consider themselves "southern".