• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 expansion

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI for the uninformed, Nebraska demanded unequal sharing when the Big 12 was formed. NU was actually relevant when this was happening and was on primetime TV all the time, so it made sense why Nebraska demanded the lion's share. After NU became irrelevant for the rest of eternity and the likes of KU and TTECh were dropping 70pts on their asses, only then did NU start complaining about unequal revenue sharing b/c their has been program was no longer on prime time TV. With that being said, there is no longer any unequal revenue sharing in the Big 12 now. All tier 1 & 2 revenue is split evenly amongst conference members the way the other conferences do it.
Do you really want to compare something that happened in 1996 to what is happening now with regard to TV contracts? Think the situation might have changed a little since then?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want to compare something that happened in 1996 to what is happening now with regard to TV contracts? Think the situation might have changed a little since then?

Yes it has changed. The Big 12 now shares all tier 1 and tier 2 revenue evenly the way every conference does and Nebraska is no longer relevant enough to make those types of demands anymore.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it has changed. The Big 12 now shares all tier 1 and tier 2 revenue evenly the way every conference does and Nebraska is no longer relevant enough to make those types of demands anymore.
:lol: Butthurt Texas fan doesn't like to hear that their program doesn't carry enough clout to show up in whatever conference they want and start making demands. I said nothing that is untrue...the B1G and the SEC wouldn't bend over backwards just to get Texas into the conference. That's the truth, whether you like it or not. Those conferences are doing great without Texas, and will continue to be just fine with or without them going forward.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Butthurt Texas fan doesn't like to hear that their program doesn't carry enough clout to show up in whatever conference they want and start making demands. I said nothing that is untrue...the B1G and the SEC wouldn't bend over backwards just to get Texas into the conference. That's the truth, whether you like it or not. Those conferences are doing great without Texas, and will continue to be just fine with or without them going forward.

LOL, the B1G came after ND and Texas when all the expansion talks started. The only reason Nebraska was considered was b/c both schools said NO. Corn Fuckers were sloppy thirds. The B1G would have open arms for Texas tomorrow. Hell, Texas could probably tell the B1G they would join, but you have to kick out Nebraska and the B1G would do it in a second. Pipe down Iowa, jr......

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, the B1G came after ND and Texas when all the expansion talks started. The only reason Nebraska was considered was b/c both schools said NO. Corn Fuckers were sloppy thirds. The B1G would have open arms for Texas tomorrow. Hell, Texas could probably tell the B1G they would join, but you have to kick out Nebraska and the B1G would do it in a second. Pipe down Iowa, jr......
That's why that move to the PAC worked out so well...oh wait...you mean they wouldn't meet Texas's demands? From a revenue standpoint the PAC is well behind the SEC and the B1G, and is more geographically isolated from an expansion standpoint. You're delusional if you think Texas can just ask for whatever they want.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why that move to the PAC worked out so well...oh wait...you mean they wouldn't meet Texas's demands? From a revenue standpoint the PAC is well behind the SEC and the B1G, and is more geographically isolated from an expansion standpoint. You're delusional if you think Texas can just ask for whatever they want.

The PAC didn't turn down Texas, so let's get the facts straight.

The LHN didn't even exist at that point.....it was being built. They could not figure out how to fold that into the proposed PAC 12 network. They simply couldn't make it work technically.

There was never a "giving in to Texas demands" because Texas didn't demand anything.

That's simply your usual, baseless crying over shit you never spent the time to actually KNOW.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC didn't turn down Texas, so let's get the facts straight.

The LHN didn't even exist at that point.....it was being built. They could not figure out how to fold that into the proposed PAC 12 network. They simply couldn't make it work technically.

There was never a "giving in to Texas demands" because Texas didn't demand anything.

That's simply your usual, baseless crying over shit you never spent the time to actually KNOW.
Why did Texas not go to the PAC?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Texas not go to the PAC?

Pac wanted nothing to do with Baylor and there was no way in hell the Texas State Legislature was going to let Baylor be left out. That's the main reason why Texas and the big 12 South didn't go to the Pac.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac wanted nothing to do with Baylor and there was no way in hell the Texas State Legislature was going to let Baylor be left out. That's the main reason why Texas and the big 12 South didn't go to the Pac.
So in other words, the PAC wouldn't take Texas no matter what?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other words, the PAC wouldn't take Texas no matter what?

Leave Baylor out and Texas, along with OU, Okie jr, and TTECH would be Pac members today. But Texas wasn't joining without Baylor. As much as you people make shit up about Texas being greedy, Texas was trying to negotiate with the Pac about bringing the entire Big 12 South.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave Baylor out and Texas, along with OU, Okie jr, and TTECH would be Pac members today. But Texas wasn't joining without Baylor. As much as you people make shit up about Texas being greedy, Texas was trying to negotiate with the Pac about bringing the entire Big 12 South.
If you would read my initial post, it was simply that Texas cannot expect to be able to make a list of demands and expect a conference to open the door. The PAC deal is the perfect example of that. Texas says that Baylor has to come with...PAC says "No, thanks." That has been the entirety of my point this whole time while you were busy spouting off about how the B1G would kick Nebraska out if Texas asked for it.

Edit: And I'm not talking about Texas being greedy at all. Schools act in their own best interest. I have no problem with that.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would read my initial post, it was simply that Texas cannot expect to be able to make a list of demands and expect a conference to open the door. The PAC deal is the perfect example of that. Texas says that Baylor has to come with...PAC says "No, thanks." That has been the entirety of my point this whole time while you were busy spouting off about how the B1G would kick Nebraska out if Texas asked for it.

It wasn't a demand from Texas. that was a demand from the Texas State Legislature. It was basically, go to the Pac without Baylor and we'll cut your funding. Pac doesn't want to have any religious private schools in their conference. Texas wasn't demanding anything. Dodds told Larry Scott we have to bring Baylor along or we can't join b/c the TSL won't allow it.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a demand from Texas. that was a demand from the Texas State Legislature. It was basically, go to the Pac without Baylor and we'll cut your funding. Pac doesn't want to have any religious private schools in their conference. Texas wasn't demanding anything. Dodds told Larry Scott we have to bring Baylor along or we can't join b/c the TSL won't allow it.
And my point is that conferences won't just do ANYTHING to get Texas. If they would, the PAC would have taken Texas and Baylor to get Texas. I don't think you're getting my point here.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying this...link?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if the Pac didn't hate Jesus they'd have one heck of a conference.

Southwest division
Oklahoma
okie jr
Texas
Texas a&m
Baylor
Texas Tech
AZ
AZ state

Coastal division
USC
UCLA
Cal
Stanford
Washington
WSU
Oregon
OSU

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying this...link?

I'm not sure if the TSL demanded it, or UT was just being nice and including Baylor in the package. Pac called UT's bluff and took Colorado, hoping 5 of the 6 big 12 south schools would still come. Luckily UT is so selfless they didn't.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude Stanford and Berkely OUTRIGHT stated they would not allow Baylor into the conference......were you under a rock?
Link please...article bitch?