• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

b10 rivals

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys gotta throw me a bone here. its kinda hard to put wisky with msu & osu when osu & msu wanna be with illini, iu, um, & psu

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Iowa to consider anyone irrelevant is laughable.

42-42-1 vs. Iowa...congrats on beating up the B1G during the worst years in conference history....not to mention Wisconsin is 12-26 vs. Iowa the last 38 tries...LMAO

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU's rivals, imo, are:
Michigan - all sports across the board
Wisconsin - football and perennially aggravating - but effective basketball
and, uh,
Indiana - I guess, but only for basketball (suggest leave MSU#3 open on your scheduling project)

Ohio State is fun to beat in both cfb & cbb, but there's no real rivalry involved (Bucks regularly buttstomp Sparty on the field - when they do play; and only provide sporadic competition on the court.)

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU's rivals, imo, are:
and, uh,
Indiana - I guess, but only for basketball (suggest leave MSU#3 open on your scheduling project)

Ohio State is fun to beat in both cfb & cbb, but there's no real rivalry involved (Bucks regularly buttstomp Sparty on the field - when they do play; and only provide sporadic competition on the court.)

i gave you um psu & IU. the problem is that im having the HARDEST TIME fitting iowa & msu into the schedule. as it stands they are both the two odd balls out

the reason why i opted for psu is because you guys have a trophy game with them. but maybe i could fit in wisc. and maybe give NW to PSU? that might just fix my schedule problem

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU's rivals, imo, are:
and, uh,

Yeah I'd say msu is our 3rd rival. Then Ohio.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd say msu is our 3rd rival. Then Ohio.

guess its settled wisc & osu get paired which leaves 2 questions

1. does IU or OSU get dropped for MSU
2. who does northwestern get to replace wisky with

NW-IU (regional) or NW-OSU (would be good now but long term this will be a cupcake fest)

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, most would consider Michigan and Minnesota a rival - despite the lopsided nature of the series. It IS the oldest trophy game in CFB.

All trophy games are retarded. Who cares.

Ohio State's rivals are Michigan (duh) and Illinois (Illibuck Trophy game ... and Ohio State's oldest rivalry).

I would think first is obviously scUM, but with recent games I think Wisky might be #2 just due to competition. I cant think of any other team that really matters to this Buckeye fan.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think first is obviously scUM, but with recent games I think Wisky might be #2 just due to competition. I cant think of any other team that really matters to this Buckeye fan.

i care more for historical than "recent games" or "what buckeye fans think"

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Spartans I would say:

1 - Michigan
2 - Indiana (Old Brass Spittoon Game)

For the Spartan's number three rival it is probably Penn State or perhaps Wisconsin.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 - Michigan

For the Spartan's number three rival it is probably Penn State or perhaps Wisconsin.

LOL so we are back to psu-msu and TBH i kinda like it

NW & wis. are so close its kinda hard to justify not pairing them up

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 - Michigan

I would say Sparty and Iowa have a good one going...always a good game between those two

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Iowa it's Wisconsin and Minnesota...but Wisconsin by far until the B1G fucked things up....both teams have a mutual hate for each other bu it's too bad Wisconsin us only 12-26 against is since 1980....I wish it was more competitive

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Iowa it's Wisconsin and Minnesota...but Wisconsin by far until the B1G fucked things up....both teams have a mutual hate for each other bu it's too bad Wisconsin us only 12-26 against is since 1980....I wish it was more competitive

changed my mind; I'm with Eloopo - trophy traditions ain't necessarily "rivalries"; I'm with Iowaface re: Iowa vs Indiana; this is the final, approved draft...write it fair...ty

Michigan State:
1) Michigan (great school, great tradition; great fun jamming both down their pompous throats)
2) Wisconsin (always good brat, good beer, fat happy chicks and smashmouth football)
3) Iowa (I've torched too many "what, yer kiddn me, we lost to Iowa again?" couches not to call this a rivalry)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because your trophy game sucks.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is not rivals with Northwestern. They are more of rivals with Iowa, MSU, or OSU.

Wisconsin's historical rivals are Minnesota and Iowa. OSU has been a good rival recently, MSU was good for a few years and there's some nice bad blood brewing with Nebraska since they joined the B1G.

Some kind of pod system where Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota play every year would be nice.

Then have OSU, Michigan, MSU and Penn State play every year. Everyone else is on rotation.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin's historical rivals are Minnesota and Iowa. OSU has been a good rival recently, MSU was good for a few years and there's some nice bad blood brewing with Nebraska since they joined the B1G.

Some kind of pod system where Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota play every year would be nice.

Then have OSU, Michigan, MSU and Penn State play every year. Everyone else is on rotation.

not even because the two schools are close would you put wisky & NW together????

lets do this?

who are NWs 3 rivals?????

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i care more for historical than "recent games" or "what buckeye fans think"

You care more for "historical" because that is all scUM has. Do some more winning and you will care about the present more.

That's because your trophy game sucks.

They all suck, all they are for is to try and give a reason to cheer for a nothing game. Maybe scUM needs more of those so they can avoid playing Akron and UConn in the future.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is one of the things that makes college ball so great...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the things that makes college ball so great...
Trophy games? Not so much. All those really are for is to give teams that have not much else something to cheer about.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't really assign rivals... they are developed over the years...