• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AZ Cardinals hurting.....

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is out, Abraham is a huge question mark, and now the biggest of them all in Darnell Dockett out for the season. That defense was gonna be a top ten defense heading into the season now with some HUGE shoes to fill. Dockett is the emotional leader on that team, sucks to see him get hurt as I would rather face them at full strength. Bad luck continues for that franchise.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.... This is the scary part about the pre-season...

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is truly going to be scary is that now they will get a MUCH better draft pick which will make them that much more dangerous down the road (assuming they draft correctly). They were nothing more than a dark horse this year anyways but have the potential to vie for the division down the road

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is truly going to be scary is that now they will get a MUCH better draft pick which will make them that much more dangerous down the road (assuming they draft correctly). They were nothing more than a dark horse this year anyways but have the potential to vie for the division down the road

Sorry man, but I can't even come close to believing the logic that losing games is ever a good thing. Never sacrifice winning now for the possibility of winning more later. It almost never works like that. Losing usually just leads to more losing.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man, but I can't even come close to believing the logic that losing games is ever a good thing. Never sacrifice winning now for the possibility of winning more later. It almost never works like that. Losing usually just leads to more losing.
I'm not advocating that they lose games. BUT you have to admit that they have some monster holes on defense now that may end up costing them 4+ games that they otherwise would have won. If that is the case, they will end up slotting in 10 spots higher in the draft. Remember when the Colts lost Manning that one year and an otherwise very good team instead got the #1 pick and got a kid named Luck? Would suck for the Hawks if something to that effect happened to the Cards.

If I were a Cards fan I would still be screaming for wins every day, but the reality of the situation is, they are a lot less dangerous this year but that may come back to haunt us 10 fold in the coming years.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not advocating that they lose games. BUT you have to admit that they have some monster holes on defense now that may end up costing them 4+ games that they otherwise would have won. If that is the case, they will end up slotting in 10 spots higher in the draft. Remember when the Colts lost Manning that one year and an otherwise very good team instead got the #1 pick and got a kid named Luck? Would suck for the Hawks if something to that effect happened to the Cards.

If I were a Cards fan I would still be screaming for wins every day, but the reality of the situation is, they are a lot less dangerous this year but that may come back to haunt us 10 fold in the coming years.

Yeah, it worked for the colts one time. But remember, in that same season, many Seattle "fans" were in suck-for-luck mode, and they improved as the year went on and learned to win games. And IMO, the rest of the team learning to push through the tough times and figure out how to win as a team is one of the main reasons that Wilson was able to hit the ground running and just start popping off wins from the get go.

Really, outside of the Manning-Luck situation, I can't think of any other instances of a season-ruining injury ended up turning the franchise around.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredibly huge loss for them. More then just production he is a leader on that defense. That front 7 is now minus Dockett, Washington and Dansby from last year. Agree that Abraham can only get worse as well because last year was a career year for him and he is getting old and just now got into camp. Their secondary will be better but man that Front 7 was their identity last year as they dominated us at the CLINK.

Potentially a huge game changer for the NFC WEST

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it worked for the colts one time. But remember, in that same season, many Seattle "fans" were in suck-for-luck mode, and they improved as the year went on and learned to win games. And IMO, the rest of the team learning to push through the tough times and figure out how to win as a team is one of the main reasons that Wilson was able to hit the ground running and just start popping off wins from the get go.

Really, outside of the Manning-Luck situation, I can't think of any other instances of a season-ruining injury ended up turning the franchise around.

How about Bledsoe-Brady? Pre Brady era has 0 SB victories...Current Brady era 3 SB victories with 2 more appearances. Who would have thought back then that a 7th rounder would turn into a Top 5 QB of all time.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Bledsoe-Brady? Pre Brady era has 0 SB victories...Current Brady era 3 SB victories with 2 more appearances. Who would have thought back then that a 7th rounder would turn into a Top 5 QB of all time.
They didn't have to tank a season to get him though

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason why the league gives the teams with the worst records the highest picks is to give them a leg up in competing (duh right?). But the teams with the worst records aren't always the worst teams. Look at Houston last year. Stat-wise they were actually a pretty solid team and now they just became that much more nasty on defense. Look for a monster bounce-back year out of them

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, and I guess you could count Green-Warner too. Those are a bit different than what I meant as they were backups stepping in, which is obviously different than nobody stepping in, everything falling apart, leading to a high draft pick who saved the franchise. I'm sure that both of these situations have happened. Its just not likely enough to expect. The NFL is all about this year. Sure, you might be better next year, but probably not.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I guess you could count Green-Warner too. Those are a bit different than what I meant as they were backups stepping in, which is obviously different than nobody stepping in, everything falling apart, leading to a high draft pick who saved the franchise. I'm sure that both of these situations have happened. Its just not likely enough to expect. The NFL is all about this year. Sure, you might be better next year, but probably not.
A high draft pick is better than a low draft pick. Therefore the franchise will be better next year because of it. But every league should always be about this year. Arizona just needs to temper their realistic expectations this year. Their potential to take the division was slim at full strength

LoudAndProud12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.... This is the scary part about the pre-season...

This this this. You see Griffin taking those hits last vs Cleveland? I hate when Wilson takes off, especially in the PS. Kinda sucks about the Cardinals though...want to sweep the division on even ground.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This this this. You see Griffin taking those hits last vs Cleveland? I hate when Wilson takes off, especially in the PS. Kinda sucks about the Cardinals though...want to sweep the division on even ground.

Running is not a problem for Wilson like it is for RG3. Griffin has no clue how to protect himself. For such an amazing athlete, he has horrible instincts; can't feel pressure in the pocket and doesn't seem to ever know where tacklers are coming from in the open field.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A high draft pick is better than a low draft pick. Therefore the franchise will be better next year because of it.

I can't agree with this. Back in 2009 were we a better team after drafting Curry at #4, or were the Packers better for drafting Matthews at #26? Nothing is guaranteed in the draft, and for the Cards they should be building off of last year's momentum. Now they take a step back talent wise for this year with no guarantees for next year as their vets are another year older.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry bro, but you will have a hard time convincing most of us that tanking games to improve draft status is the way to go.:suds:

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running is not a problem for Wilson like it is for RG3. Griffin has no clue how to protect himself. For such an amazing athlete, he has horrible instincts; can't feel pressure in the pocket and doesn't seem to ever know where tacklers are coming from in the open field.

But RGIII won the 2012 Offensive Rookie of the year. He has to have some mad skills to earn that........

</Sarcasm OFF>

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. All it means is Dockett is getting older and will probably not be as good going forward and the chance a top 10 pick (ASSUMING, Cards will prob. finish around 8-8 regardless) will be as good as Dockett out of the gates let alone in 3-4 years is extremely low.

The draft is important and it's one key to building your team, but you have to have the right personnel to do it, be lucky, understand your scheme, and supplement with other players/leadership that can bring it all together.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A high draft pick is better than a low draft pick. Therefore the franchise will be better next year because of it. But every league should always be about this year. Arizona just needs to temper their realistic expectations this year. Their potential to take the division was slim at full strength

Disagree entirely. A high draft pick means you've got a ton of holes on your team and issues galore. It means you probably wont be a contender anytime soon (what Seattle did as quick as they did is NOT the norm).

Yes you may get a better PROSPECT but the pressure you put on that prospect is enormous and often times backfires (as evidenced with the many top 10 busts we see).

There's a reason VERY good franchises over the years (Packers/Patriots/49ers/Steelers etc.) are not drafting super high much. Yah a couple seasons here or there. There's a reason the Browns/Lions/Jags/etc. are routinely in there.