• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Awkward Overreaction from week 1: Are The Eagles The Best Team in the NFC East?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, players develop. Teams take time to gel. Schemes dont always fit players and need to be adjusted. For some reason team concepts are lost on you.

Who adjusted the scheme to better fit the players that resulted in back to back winning seasons, Ryan Matthews?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree completely.

Getting rid of Jackson for nothing was stupid.

Getting rid of Shady and replacing him with the most expensive backfield in football didn't work in any way, shape, or form.

Perhaps moving on from them was the right move, but the returns he got back on both were atrocious.

Nobody was going to give Philly anything for DJax at the time. Dude is a thug.

And Murray was Roseman's guy. He signed him, and then didn't want him to leave. Roseman signed ALL those guys.

Chip says Howie Roseman was the one to negotiate DeMarco Murray deal, among others. "I've never negotiated a contract in my life."

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who adjusted the scheme to better fit the players that resulted in back to back winning seasons, Ryan Matthews?

Chip does well with shit players, his system makes them better. He is a system coach though. Thats it. He has not proven that he will ever have more than slightly above average teams doing that. He has not proven that he can take talented players and make them great or at least better.

I dont disagree with you on letting some of the players go, but not all of them. Also, what were they replaced with? The GM is certainly no Einstein either. He could be on his way out too if Wentz and the new crop crap out.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're nuts. man. I've spent post after post bringing up one player? More like you have. I'm just replying to you insistence that JM isn't Chip's guy (even though you finally admitted he is).

Your owner and GM are two of the worst in the league. He gave Kelly control, and should have honored it. But no, crabby Philly fans with zero patience couldn't handle it and ran him out of town. Now you have a D2 QB and no draft picks. Pretty sure Chip wouldn't have done that to you.

And Millen drafted Levy too. @Old Lion 's favorite player ever. Ironic. :pound:

I said about a dozen times, yes Chip liked him. But at the time it only mattered who Roseman wanted to draft. Had someone taken him early in the 2nd round, Chip wouldn't have him because ROSEMAN was running the draft.

And what do you mean "the patience". Ownership gave him a team with the 2nd most cap flexibility in the league and Chip returned a team that lost their winning attitude, was tanking at the end and that had nearly no cap space available and millions tied up long term in busts. And yes Chip would give us shit for picks. We've already talked about how far he overrated players draft positions in the draft, and how we got nothing for 6 picks of his own draft. Should we have had the patience where we say for nearly a decade "Maybe this is Matt Millen's year"? Of course not. He's even admitted he couldn't GM and coach. So with EVERY SIDE acknowledging that wasn't going to work, why keep doing it???

And really, worst owner? Hearing that coming from a lions fan is like hearing someone from North Korea saying the US has the worst human rights issues. The two greatest players in the SB era for your franchise both walked away from the NFL rather than continue playing for that dumpster fire.

But sure, lets move on... Tired of all your focus on wordsmithing that one pick...

I'm more than happy to discuss getting Kiko Alonso... We had LeSean McCoy. In return we got 1 start out of Kiko Alsonso as a below average lb.. More than happy to talk about how that move has worked out. Lets go. (we can talk about the 42 million dollar answer for LeSean next, but for now lets save that for later).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said about a dozen times, yes Chip liked him. But at the time it only mattered who Roseman wanted to draft. Had someone taken him early in the 2nd round, Chip wouldn't have him because ROSEMAN was running the draft.

And what do you mean "the patience". Ownership gave him a team with the 2nd most cap flexibility in the league and Chip returned a team that lost their winning attitude, was tanking at the end and that had nearly no cap space available and millions tied up long term in busts. And yes Chip would give us shit for picks. We've already talked about how far he overrated players draft positions in the draft, and how we got nothing for 6 picks of his own draft. Should we have had the patience where we say for nearly a decade "Maybe this is Matt Millen's year"? Of course not. He's even admitted he couldn't GM and coach. So with EVERY SIDE acknowledging that wasn't going to work, why keep doing it???

And really, worst owner? Hearing that coming from a lions fan is like hearing someone from North Korea saying the US has the worst human rights issues. The two greatest players in the SB era for your franchise both walked away from the NFL rather than continue playing for that dumpster fire.

But sure, lets move on... Tired of all your focus on wordsmithing that one pick...

I'm more than happy to discuss getting Kiko Alonso... We had LeSean McCoy. In return we got 1 start out of Kiko Alsonso as a below average lb.. More than happy to talk about how that move has worked out. Lets go. (we can talk about the 42 million dollar answer for LeSean next, but for now lets save that for later).

Will Philly fans give Wentz and Pederson more than two years? Spoiler alert: No. Your owner needs to stop bending over to the impatient and overly emotional Eagle fan base.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Philly fans give Wentz and Pederson more than two years? Spoiler alert: No. Your owner needs to stop bending over to the impatient and overly emotional Eagle fan base.

Why no?? Because he didn't want Kelly as GM? Because he didn't think Sam bradford was a franchise QB for the future?

Jesus... they stuck with Vick for 4 years before cutting him loose. They stuck with Reid for years when fans were calling for that switch. Stuck with Rhodes for another year after things fell apart.