• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AUG 17-20 Rangers host San Diego

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should’ve kept Nelson Cruz until he was no longer effective because guess what? He’d still be on the damn team.

I can’t believe how badly we messed up both Nelson Cruz and hanser Alberto. I wish we had both of them right now.

I guess I missed where teams were allowed to keep players that sign contracts with other teams. I also didn't realize the Rangers front office had a crystal ball where they can seen into the future. I really need to keep up with things better.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall everyone on here wanting to be rid of him.
That was true but someone messed up somewhere because the guy was passed around like a bag of hot potatoes. When he got to Baltimore they stuck with him and the guy has produced last year and so far this. I am not sure what they saw that we didn't. He had just over 190 ABs in 3 seasons. Last year he had 550. It's one of the reasons I like for us to be careful on giving up on young talent too soon. I don't want to mention any names but you give up on a guy within 1 year you may have an Adrian Gonzalez fiasco who got 206 ABs in 2 years. As soon as he became full time with the Padres he kicked butt. None of this you are our guy some of the time.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I missed where teams were allowed to keep players that sign contracts with other teams. I also didn't realize the Rangers front office had a crystal ball where they can seen into the future. I really need to keep up with things better.
Nelson Cruz was not a hard one to figure out.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go on record as saying if we get rid of Odor, and he goes on to be an All Star in 3 of the next 4 seasons, it will not have been a mistake for us to get rid of him.

it doesn’t matter to me what Odor does after he leaves here. He just didn’t get it done here.

I have this gut feeling that the team will extend him and prolong all of our misery tho.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is bull crap on Nelson Cruz’s part and you know it.

the rangers didn’t try very hard to extend him. Heck...... they tried just as hard to bring Nelson Cruz back as they did to sign Nick castellanos this off season.

I was screaming from the roof top for us to sign or resign both of these players and they’ve just gone on to put up big numbers for other teams. Numbers that we desperately need right now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesn’t matter to me what Odor does after he leaves here. He just didn’t get it done here.

I have this gut feeling that the team will extend him and prolong all of our misery tho.
I really do not think they will extend him. If it wasn't for his current contract I actually think Odor would be sitting on the pine more often.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not think they will extend him. If it wasn't for his current contract I actually think Odor would be sitting on the pine more often.

you really think they won’t pick up his 2023 option?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rangers didn’t try very hard to extend him.

Nelson Cruz rejected deal the Rangers offered, and ended up receiving only one offer beyond that, for a few million less than what the Rangers offered.

So the best deal that was out there for Cruz at the time was unquestionably from the Rangers. Please enlighten me about how they didn't "try hard."

I love reading posts from all these 20/20 hindsight fans who knew Cruz was going to produce as well as he has in his post-Rangers career. Because they apparently know more than literally every front office in MLB.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was true but someone messed up somewhere because the guy was passed around like a bag of hot potatoes. When he got to Baltimore they stuck with him and the guy has produced last year and so far this. I am not sure what they saw that we didn't. He had just over 190 ABs in 3 seasons. Last year he had 550. It's one of the reasons I like for us to be careful on giving up on young talent too soon. I don't want to mention any names but you give up on a guy within 1 year you may have an Adrian Gonzalez fiasco who got 206 ABs in 2 years. As soon as he became full time with the Padres he kicked butt. None of this you are our guy some of the time.
That is why I wanted us to rebuild for the last several years. You have to bring young guys up and give them more than a few weeks at a time to succeed. You have to stick with them a couple of years or more sometimes. Instead, we bring a guy ip and sit him on the bench and play him intermittently. That hardly ever works out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Cruz was not a hard one to figure out.
Not at all, and we had more than one opportunity to sign him.

Management never could get past him taking the suspension. They let that turn into a personal thing, when it should have been a personnel thing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Cruz rejected deal the Rangers offered, and ended up receiving only one offer beyond that, for a few million less than what the Rangers offered.

So the best deal that was out there for Cruz at the time was unquestionably from the Rangers. Please enlighten me about how they didn't "try hard."

I love reading posts from all these 20/20 hindsight fans who knew Cruz was going to produce as well as he has in his post-Rangers career. Because they apparently know more than literally every front office in MLB.
Lol. Go back and read posts from 2013. Of course back then, the other side of the JD Fanclub playbook said to tell everyone that they can't possibly know that Cruz is going tobe worth the money and he most likely will not be. It is always that argument until it turns into the hindsight argument. The cycle of comments never fails to live up to expectations.

Five years from now the playbook will tell the fanclub to use the hindsight argument regarding us failing to sign Rendon. We are in the beginnings of that cycle now.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO !!!
:sad2:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Go back and read posts from 2013. Of course back then, the other side of the JD Fanclub playbook said to tell everyone that they can't possibly know that Cruz is going tobe worth the money and he most likely will not be. It is always that argument until it turns into the hindsight argument. The cycle of comments never fails to live up to expectations.

Five years from now the playbook will tell the fanclub to use the hindsight argument regarding us failing to sign Rendon. We are in the beginnings of that cycle now.

actually the JD fan club argument more closely relates to castellanos then rendon since actually acquiring rendon was a harder lift.

we could’ve been much more aggressive and threw a lot of money at castellanos similar to Nelson Cruz and both deals probably would’ve worked out, but for some reason the front office didn’t try very hard to get either one.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oder back in line up. Wish Santana was at 2b instead of DH and Willie would have DH'd. Would give us a little more offense imo.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big stink will always be in the damn lineup.

it sucks because I hate his guts now and root for the pitcher to get him out. :pound:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big stink will always be in the damn lineup.

it sucks because I hate his guts now and root for the pitcher to get him out. :pound:
Do not hate the guy. Think about it and be honest. He was given an outlandish extension no fault of his own. Was a terrible mistake by the owners but you can not blame Oder for that. Yes he should have shown better results for their generosity but he can't. The guy had shown signs of being a great one alright but it was never to be because he had played over his head and now there is absolutely nothing to be done except to buy him out and that will likely not happen. Hating Oder because of owners ignorance is something not warranted in my opinion. Think it over friend. You are better than HATE.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really think they won’t pick up his 2023 option?
I have no doubt about it. They will not. In fact they are hurting this team beyond repair for not buying out his contract. I hate to see us spend enormous dollars on big name players just to see Oder holding us back. He will be a black eye on the team until he is gone.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall everyone on here wanting to be rid of him.
Honestly thought of him as a good UIF very good defensively

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not sure i see any similarities between those two players and their careers or contract situations.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had this discussion multiple times. Did seattle mess up too? How about Baltimore?@Crawler?