• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At what point do you have to just cut Cahill

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and eat the money

not only does he cost you when he starts, he costs your bullpen EVERY FUCKING TIME

easy decision IMO, its time to eat the salary and designate him for assignment

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. I think you'd have to be insane to think he just needs a few more games before he magically morphs into even an average MLB starter. We've all seen enough.

And then after that, we can cut McCarthy. I wonder if he has any trade value? KT should unload him now if he does...even if all he gets is a box of oreos.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gambo tweeted today that Cahill is out of the rotation and is moving to the bullpen. One of the D'backs prospects is supposed to take his spot, but not Bradley. He also said that if McCarthy does not turn it around, he is gone too. Cahill and McCarthy are two of the main acquisitions that Towers made and tried to sell the fan base on. They are two of the worst players the organization has ever had. I have zero faith that Towers will replace them with anyone good. He has to be fired. I would not fire Gibson because he has absolutely nothing to work with. It is not like he is making these awful managerial decisions. He has been given the worst starting rotation in baseball and it is not his fault at all the team has the worst record in baseball.