• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Asterisks @ M's: August 30, 31, Sept. 1

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really blame them for wanting some consistency in the managerial department even if they have to go through some growing pains. The turnover rate since Lou is astronomical and Servais is the longest tenured manager since Lou. It could be a good thing for some of these players.
Jerry is justified because he did what was expected even if fans don’t agree with the direction. Servais on the others hand, outside of him being pals with Jerry it is kind of hard to justify the extension. This isn’t even being a negative Mariners fan it is just try to explain to another fan base him deserving an extension with his resume.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is justified because he did what was expected even if fans don’t agree with the direction. Servais on the others hand, outside of him being pals with Jerry it is kind of hard to justify the extension. This isn’t even being a negative Mariners fan it is just try to explain to another fan base him deserving an extension with his resume.
I don’t disagree with your comment, I’m just trying to gauge a different perspective why they decide to keep him around. Being pals with Jerry does helped him get the extension because Jerry could’ve easily dumped him for a more experienced/successful manager when they became available not too long ago.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it say the counter offer? If the owners are willing at 29.5 why not just do the real number which is usually half so it is 27. It seems it is better for a GM to outbid others on guys who are entering their prime instead of in the middle of it.