• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Cory Davis gave money to Clinton-Dix

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you can loan a player money now, and you just have to wait for a weak stretch of games before reporting it so his suspension doesn't hurt the team. Right?

You will see what you want to see, so telling you the compliance department found it and reported it to the AD and Saban this week wouldnt matter. Nice you have an opinion, but its just that, not a fact.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why's he get a pass? When I state my opinion, I get "Irish troll" and "Catholic's are rapists".

I responded to you for stating incorrect facts and blaming Saban for something that is not his fault. He had nothing to do with this and the University did not pay this player, both of which you stated in your posts. Calling Saban a dirt ball is fine, thats your opinion, but basing it on incorrect facts is where you are failing, i simply pointed that out. You do try to talk football most times, but the other guy doesnt and is basically a troll, he will be gone soon enough if he continues.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I responded to you for stating incorrect facts and blaming Saban for something that is not his fault. He had nothing to do with this and the University did not pay this player, both of which you stated in your posts. Calling Saban a dirt ball is fine, thats your opinion, but basing it on incorrect facts is where you are failing, i simply pointed that out. You do try to talk football most times, but the other guy doesnt and is basically a troll, he will be gone soon enough if he continues.

Off topic, I just noticed you're a Braves fan. Are you watching? I'm pulling for them in this series.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic, I just noticed you're a Braves fan. Are you watching? I'm pulling for them in this series.

didnt know it was on, will look for it, thanks

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 pages, pretty impressive.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out that the NCAA allows for schools to give out emergency loans to players for situations like the one he was in, what makes it worse is that Davis and Dix should've both known that rule since all the rules are pounded in their skulls. All Dix had to do was go to the compliance office, tell them all his money was stole, and they would have gave him an emergency loan of however much he needed.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, heard about the suspension of Clinton-Dix earlier today. Now I know why.

Saban needs to clean house there: Rip open wall lockers, hire private investigators and clean out any dirt before more gets uncovered by outside sources.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're calling Kelly a dirt ball, I agree.

That's the difference in me and you, I'm not afraid to admit things about my Irish, you however, you won't ever deface your beloved Tide. And that's fine. Just don't attack me when I have my opinions.

It's always Irish bashing or Catholic bashing with you southerners. Truly funny to me.

Yea and we don't get any redneck toothless kiss your cousin talk! :laugh3:

And for the record, don't act like you're this objective ND fan. Truth be known you don't like Brian Kelly and what's happening with the Irish, even with last year's success. That makes it real easy to make these comments whereas we love what Saban has done for Alabama and whether you think you know him or not, because of media shit, you don't. You would need to be around here much more to know the real Saban. So our beloved Tide and you're so objective is hogwash if you were truly honest with yourself.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say that, but I don't think there was anyone on SportsHoopla that said they thought Butch Davis should keep his job. Almost everyone thought he was responsible and/or should've held responsible when there was an assistant coach paying a player.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not be a big deal to you!! But it's a big deal to the NCAA!!

ESPN.com, citing an anonymous source, reports Clinton-Dix is the only player involved and is expected to be eligible to play "within the month."

Two NCAA compliance experts told Alabama Media Group that Clinton-Dix's penalty likely will be minor.

"It is certainly a serious issue, and Alabama is acting correctly in how they've addressed it so far," said Dr. David Ridpath, an associate professor of sports administration at Ohio University. "I think the fact that he's already paid the money back is probably going to be seen as a mitigating circumstance. I'm just not sure the NCAA has a leg to stand on there in terms of penalizing him for a long period of time."

I want them to be there at the end of the year so we can get some revenge in Atlanta. Nothing to see here.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to be there at the end of the year so we can get some revenge in Atlanta. Nothing to see here.

Good to see that, and that guy kinda said what Bama fans have said in this thread and got flamed for. The way the university is handling the issue should keep them from any serious trouble, as well as Clinton-Dix.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume every program of any degree of significance has little shit like this going on. It's when things start getting into the 5 or 6 digit range that the hammer needs to come down.

500 bucks? Who cares?

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story seems plausible to me. I'm not supposed to lend money to my junior Marines either but when they've had the need, I have. I never expect to see it again and don't hold it on them it's still technically frowned upon. Coach probably felt bad for kid that just lost a bunch of possessions and agreed to help

Hardly a season ending issue