• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Cory Davis gave money to Clinton-Dix

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, Alabama reported this to the NCAA and asked for a 1-3 game suspension, which is in line with past suspension for similar offenses. They reported how it happened, when it happened and that the matter had been repaid and showed proof. They also informed the NCAA of the coach and player suspensions and they would await the NCAA response on the matter. looks like the University is in the clear, as we suspected, and that its all on the player and coach at this point.

Saban is basically going to do the right thing every time. I have very little worry about these things generally because of it.

When he sat Andre Smith, it was pretty much the writing on the wall. He is extremely strict on these things, and I think it's great.

And the amount of talent we have no doubt makes it much easier.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The race card? You guys pulled out the race card! LMFAO!!!!

The guy pretty much said he was too black to have a car. Seems pretty racist to me.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I do see it, incidentally its being reported the money is between 100 and 300 dollars and was repaid almost immediately. Seems maybe his parents might not have been able to be reached and he reached out to someone close by for help. I personally see nothing wrong with this, as long as he repaid the loan, but I do know the NCAA has its rules. The suspension is being reported at 1-3 games, which is in line with similar cases in the past. Alabama as a football team and University should be fine, unless the NCAA has a wild hair up its ass.

Do you see why the NCAA doesn't want college coaching staff members giving out supposed loans to players though? That is why it is wrong. College football is too cut throat even with the NCAA's rulebook being followed religiously....what do you think it would turn into with employees of the athletic dept. handing out loans without penalty?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy pretty much said he was too black to have a car. Seems pretty racist to me.
That's a huge conclusion to jump to personally it would take a lot more for me to call someone out on that. My experience on these bds is that everyone is pretty much color blind and I wouldn't go there just to try and help my point of view.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see why the NCAA doesn't want college coaching staff members giving out supposed loans to players though? That is why it is wrong. College football is too cut throat even with the NCAA's rulebook being followed religiously....what do you think it would turn into with employees of the athletic dept. handing out loans without penalty?

Sure, but that doesn't mean it's not all extremely anal. I understand the why, but that doesn't make it any less lame.

The only thing more disturbing than the NCAA is the way fans of other teams act like buzzards anytime something like this happens. And that of course is not something that is reserved only for Alabama, it's for all teams pretty much. It's sad really.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a huge conclusion to jump to personally it would take a lot more for me to call someone out on that. My experience on these bds is that everyone is pretty much color blind and I wouldn't go there just to try and help my point of view.

He's not the first person to post racial crap. It just gets deleted.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stated i saw why the rules are in effect. This is a none even as far as the University and Team are concerned. The AD and HC have detailed what the punishment they would like to see and thre is similar cases to back up their request. 1-3 games for the player, the coach gets the same and a letter of reprimand in his record and extra NCAA rules training.

Whats really telling in this and shows the character of this kid, he repaid the loan almost immediately. Not many kids his age would do that as easily as he did. He showed some guts standing up to this and coming clean with the HC and cooperating, this will blow over and the kid will be fine.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because he said someone naming their kid "Ha-Ha" meant they probably didn't have the money to buy a new Charger? Then you calling Texas fan's racist because some Texas fan in Tennessee called your son's friend the N word? :laugh3:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but if your name is Ha Ha, there is no fucking way you can afford a 2012 Dodge Charger.......

Because he said someone naming their kid "Ha-Ha" meant they probably didn't have the money to buy a new Charger? Then you calling Texas fan's racist because some Texas fan in Tennessee called your son's friend the N word? :laugh3:

It happened.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happened.

The fuck does some dudes nickname have to do with his race? If people called me LOL and he said the same thing about me not being able to afford a car because of that, would that be racist?

The hell does some dude calling a family friend the N word have to do with what football team someone roots for or this conversation at all? Do you know how many times I have heard an Alabama fan say the N-word in my 25 years of living in this state? Are all of you racists now because of that? That is fucking stupid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck does some dudes nickname have to do with his race? If people called me LOL and he said the same thing about me not being able to afford a car because of that, would that be racist?

The hell does some dude calling a family friend the N word have to do with what football team someone roots for or this conversation at all? Do you know how many times I have heard an Alabama fan say the N-word in my 25 years of living in this state? Are all of you racists now because of that?

Really?

And it hardly makes all Texas fans racist, nor did I ever say that. The timing was just a bit over the top.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limited time offer: Sign with Alabama, get a car and cash for free.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NCAA limited that offer? Since when? Link?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I know its hard to believe you can get that much, since OU receivers only got a few thousand apiece to sign.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, I am chill. I am not the one who is telling folks to F off because of a debate on Bama paying their players on a regular basis.

Dont worry, you still have lil Nicky for the rest of this season before the sanctions hit and goes to the NY Jets.

I couldn't say this 1st, so I'll just make it seen again.

Again, Alabama paying players!? No way!

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris made a short-term loan

Ya, i'm sure he was paying it back with interest.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't say this 1st, so I'll just make it seen again.

Again, Alabama paying players!? No way!

Notre Dame fan looking for something to sling because they can't get it done on the field? No way!