• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As of now it looks like the Wild Card is our only viable hope for the playoffs

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The math says we are still very much in it. However just seeing the product on the field and the remaining schedule gives me not a lot of faith going forward. Especially since it looks like Unger is out a while, right after we just got our run game going. Im not sure 10-6 gets it down which requires a 4-2 record going forward. 11-5 seems most likely which requires a 5-1 mark which seems like a tall order.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The math says we are still very much in it. However just seeing the product on the field and the remaining schedule gives me not a lot of faith going forward. Especially since it looks like Unger is out a while, right after we just got our run game going. Im not sure 10-6 gets it down which requires a 4-2 record going forward. 11-5 seems most likely which requires a 5-1 mark which seems like a tall order.

yeah, hate to say it but this team is not going 5-1 with their schedule.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 the Seahawks started off 4-4 (6-4 after 10 games) and ended up 11-5.

2013 the 49ers started 6-4 and ended up 12-4

Granted in those two situations the schedule was much easier, but it can be done. We've been in every game this year and are one or two plays away from winning each of the games we have lost.

2-3 vs teams with a winning record this year

4-3 in 2013

4-1 in 2012

That's so crazy. We are on pace to face 10 teams with a winning record this year. That has to be a record right?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 the Seahawks started off 4-4 (6-4 after 10 games) and ended up 11-5.

2013 the 49ers started 6-4 and ended up 12-4

Granted in those two situations the schedule was much easier, but it can be done. We've been in every game this year and are one or two plays away from winning each of the games we have lost.

2-3 vs teams with a winning record this year

4-3 in 2013

4-1 in 2012

That's so crazy. We are on pace to face 10 teams with a winning record this year. That has to be a record right?

Its done every single year. 6-4 is not the end of the world.

Anyone throwing dirt on the Hawks at this point, I have to wonder if they've ever watched an entire NFL season before. I know the Hawks looked like favorites all year in 2013 and when on to prove it, but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its done every single year. 6-4 is not the end of the world.

Anyone throwing dirt on the Hawks at this point, I have to wonder if they've ever watched an entire NFL season before. I know the Hawks looked like favorites all year in 2013 and when on to prove it, but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Nice to hear you speak up Sonny, I feel the same way. Win next week against the Cards and things will look a lot better IMO. It's going to be tough, but it can be done.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton doesn't scare me but 9-1 vs 6-4 is hard to overcome. We will need Arizona to have an absolute collapse in the final 6 weeks along with the Seahawks nearly winning out to even have a chance.

Looks like Detroit (7-3) and Philly (7-3) are now back in the wild card mix.

Detroit has New England next week and still have one game left against the Packers. We need them to lose those 2 games as well as one more against a losing team.

Philly has Dallas twice and one against Seattle. We probably need them to lose all 3 of those or lose 2 of 3 and lose one game against a losing team.

True ... BUT it's amazing what a loss can do... AZ just needs to have there belief kicked down a little... Right now they just feel like they can't lose in close games... Seattle is gonna come to play next weekend ... This loss just ticked um off... Expect some good ball

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over. Even if we were healthy that wouldn't change the fact that our receiving corp has no talent and we have one of the worst OC's in the league. They need to gut the offensive coaching staff and basically start from scratch for a lot of areas of the offense.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to hear you speak up Sonny, I feel the same way. Win next week against the Cards and things will look a lot better IMO. It's going to be tough, but it can be done.

One good thing about struggling:

It clears the bandwagon.

Everyone jumped off the Ravens bandwagon in 12 when they lost 4 of their last 5. Everyone jumped off the Giants bandwagon in 11 when they were (gasp) 6-4. Everyone jumped off the Packers bandwagon in 10 when they went 0-4 in November. I could go on...

Some real entitlement and ficklesness this fan base is showing. Football, like life, is hard. Usually a lot of things go bad, before they go well.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It clears the bandwagon.

Some real entitlement and ficklesness this fan base is showing. Football, like life, is hard. Usually a lot of things go bad, before they go well.

I think people are just being realistic about our present situation this season. Do they still have a chance? Yes! But we have to be honest with ourselves and not ignore effects of injuries. With everyone healthy, I don't think any team can beat us. But that is just not the reality we find our team in today.

What isn't talked about is that Pete and John are learning too! They made some mistakes. Evaluating new talent along with properly evaluating the existing talent and who they could afford to let go.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are just being realistic about our present situation this season. Do they still have a chance? Yes! But we have to be honest with ourselves and not ignore effects of injuries. With everyone healthy, I don't think any team can beat us. But that is just not the reality we find our team in today.

What isn't talked about is that Pete and John are learning too! They made some mistakes. Evaluating new talent along with properly evaluating the existing talent and who they could afford to let go.

Hey I agree, we should be realistic about the weaknesses.

I have just seen enough football to know that its not over when there is 40% of the season left. Is it ideal? No, but its not for most teams, even some of the ones competing with the Hawks for the playoff spots. Things change week to week.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over. Even if we were healthy that wouldn't change the fact that our receiving corp has no talent and we have one of the worst OC's in the league. They need to gut the offensive coaching staff and basically start from scratch for a lot of areas of the offense.

It's not over... Trust me bro... it's not over ...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It clears the bandwagon.

Everyone jumped off the Ravens bandwagon in 12 when they lost 4 of their last 5. Everyone jumped off the Giants bandwagon in 11 when they were (gasp) 6-4. Everyone jumped off the Packers bandwagon in 10 when they went 0-4 in November. I could go on...

Losing really does high light which posters are faint of heart IMO. No doubt things look dark, Seahawks are down in the standings with a lot of injuries, everyone has injuries, a lot of football to play, next week is a home game against the hottest team in the league...the Cards are due for some bumps in the road. A win next week and things will look better. I've got faith that the Seahawks beat the Cards next week.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't over but at least Zona has a margin for error

Having said that, I figure Hawks will most likely beat our Cards in Seattle next Sunday. Of course, Seattle has to enter The Toaster in a few weeks wherein I got Arizona winning.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle strikes early and goes up by two scores, they will beat the Cards. I can't see Stanton engineering a huge comeback in the cold up in Seattle when they are in position to just let Lynch brutalize for a while. Arians will take almost exclusively to the air which isn't ideal since the Hawks defense is much stronger in the secondary than against the run.

If the game is close, I think Cards win. Nobody closes out games in the NFL better than them.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle strikes early and goes up by two scores, they will beat the Cards. I can't see Stanton engineering a huge comeback in the cold up in Seattle when they are in position to just let Lynch brutalize for a while. Arians will take almost exclusively to the air which isn't ideal since the Hawks defense is much stronger in the secondary than against the run.

If the game is close, I think Cards win. Nobody closes out games in the NFL better than them.

We were good against the run.... Without Mebane that obviously hurts us... He's that good... Getting Wagner back will help in that area as well... We've been missing him for a long while now... I think the game will be a grind out... But I think we get it done at home... Cards believe right now though so were gonna have to come too play......

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner being on the field is huge for those outside stretch plays. How many times have ween seen him flash and stop those plays at the line or for no loss? Plus Wright can go back to the spot where he excells at, its almost a 2-fer.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big problem I see with these guys and what could hinder them from even getting into the postseason is their defense. Of course, we can all see that, but one would think we had Gus Bradley back, considering all the holes we saw during his time as DC.

Yesterday's lack of interest shown in KC is but one prime example. Too many holes, too many big plays and big drives allowed, it proved to be our undoing.

Whatever was done last year to tighten them up was forgotten. What they need is a MAJOR reminder of what they did last year and how it helped them get to where they did. To heck with the "Champions' Curse," as I'm beginning to call it now, the very thing that's been plaguing Super Bowl winners since the Patriots went back-to-back a decade ago.

<----------- In other words...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big problem I see with these guys and what could hinder them from even getting into the postseason is their defense. Of course, we can all see that, but one would think we had Gus Bradley back, considering all the holes we saw during his time as DC.

Yesterday's lack of interest shown in KC is but one prime example. Too many holes, too many big plays and big drives allowed, it proved to be our undoing.

Whatever was done last year to tighten them up was forgotten. What they need is a MAJOR reminder of what they did last year and how it helped them get to where they did. To heck with the "Champions' Curse," as I'm beginning to call it now, the very thing that's been plaguing Super Bowl winners since the Patriots went back-to-back a decade ago.

<----------- In other words...

Were the first team in a while though to keep most of there players intact and have youth everywhere ... I think the biggest key is the dam injuries that just keep happening.... I know every team deals with them but if you look at last year we didn't have injuries so spread out like we do this year... It just seem's like evertime we start to get guy's back someone else is out... From linebackers to O lineman to D lineman to secondary to FB to TE to safety it just goes on and on..... It's tough man ..

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cards are due for a loss. I think this is the week. Seattle is desperate and at home. I don't like our chances.