• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arrowverse: Arrow, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Superman & Lois

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think what they proposed for Thawn's return makes sense, even from a science fiction perspective . I'm usually pretty good at getting the gist of those types of concepts, but I had no clue what the fuck Wells 2 was talking about. It's like they just incoherently threw a bunch of time travel-based mumbo jumbo together, expecting the audience to blindly swallow it.

I mentioned before that the show seems to be getting stretched after that awesome first season, and them bringing Thawne back in the inexplicable manner they did may be a concrete sign that they're running low on material.

Arrow, on the other hand, just keeps chugging along in compelling fashion, though I also thought the Diggle brothers flashback was poorly done. We knew we were going to get one at some point, but it should have been a lot better.

I can easily see Arrow getting the conventional 8-10 seasons. I'd be surprised if the Flash makes it to four.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think what they proposed for Thawn's return makes sense, even from a science fiction perspective . I'm usually pretty good at getting the gist of those types of concepts, but I had no clue what the fuck Wells 2 was talking about. It's like they just incoherently threw a bunch of time travel-based mumbo jumbo together, expecting the audience to blindly swallow it.

I mentioned before that the show seems to be getting stretched after that awesome first season, and them bringing Thawne back in the inexplicable manner they did may be a concrete sign that they're running low on material.

Arrow, on the other hand, just keeps chugging along in compelling fashion, though I also thought the Diggle brothers flashback was poorly done. We knew we were going to get one at some point, but it should have been a lot better.

I can easily see Arrow getting the conventional 8-10 seasons. I'd be surprised if the Flash makes it to four.

Especially since they just got rid of one of his top villains to LoT.

Seriously, how do you not have Captain Cold as a key villain on the Flash? That's like letting the Joker leave Batman.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time travel is a very confusing animal... but i guess they couldn't just totally erase the reverse flash because then it would change the entire story... As the reverse flash was who killed Barry's mom... they would have had to thrown us to another alternative earth the one where Barry's mom does not die, and Barry does not live with the Wests... i guess thats why they did it... but it was just done very poorly...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time travel is a very confusing animal... but i guess they couldn't just totally erase the reverse flash because then it would change the entire story... As the reverse flash was who killed Barry's mom... they would have had to thrown us to another alternative earth the one where Barry's mom does not die, and Barry does not live with the Wests... i guess thats why they did it... but it was just done very poorly...
I like the show a lot, but some weeks it takes a little effort

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since they just got rid of one of his top villains to LoT.

Seriously, how do you not have Captain Cold as a key villain on the Flash? That's like letting the Joker leave Batman.

It definitely makes the Flash weaker, but they needed someone to anchor the cast of LOT, and he was a good candidate for it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree, I think Arrow has more weak characters than the Flash. The Flash has a few that are meh but not as many that are as bad as Thea, Laurel and the Diggle bros in my opinion.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way the chose to kill off Thawn created a huge freaking mess of plot holes, which they poorly tried to fill in with the last episode.

It was totally unnecessary.

Beyond what you mentioned, the audience is expected to assume that Wells would have recruited Caitlyn and Cisco like Thawn did.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the chose to kill off Thawn created a huge freaking mess of plot holes, which they poorly tried to fill in with the last episode.

It was totally unnecessary.

Beyond what you mentioned, the audience is expected to assume that Wells would have recruited Caitlyn and Cisco like Thawn did.

I mean it is definitely difficult to make the plot work, when the whole origin of this universe flash is due to time travel... it was fun until this episode... this episode just took it too far and explained it terribly... and what is too bad is that they could have taken the easy way out and made him from Earth 2 and then all would have fit, kind of...

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I think Arrow has more weak characters than the Flash. The Flash has a few that are meh but not as many that are as bad as Thea, Laurel and the Diggle bros in my opinion.

I'm not a big fan of turning Thea and Laurel into warriors, as it isn't very believable and they were much better in their previous roles, but I still like both characters overall.

I just think Arrow has more going for it overall, as it seems like the Flash has become too dependent on the Zoom story.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of turning Thea and Laurel into warriors, as it isn't very believable and they were much better in their previous roles, but I still like both characters overall.

I just think Arrow has more going for it overall, as it seems like the Flash has become too dependent on the Zoom story.

Laurel had to become a warrior.

That's Black Canary.

Thea and Diggle (and even Felicity sans her hotness) don't really need to exist. I expect all of them to die/randomly league (like Roy) at some point.

But you are right about Arrow having some longevity...Oliver doens't even have his company back yet as multimillionaire Oliver Queen.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laurel had to become a warrior.

That's Black Canary.

Thea and Diggle (and even Felicity sans her hotness) don't really need to exist. I expect all of them to die/randomly league (like Roy) at some point.

But you are right about Arrow having some longevity...Oliver doens't even have his company back yet as multimillionaire Oliver Queen.

I get the sense Thea is probably going to be gone sooner than later, but Diggle and Felicity, though not essential at first, have evolved into staples of the show. I'd be surprised if either one of them is gone before the show's run concludes.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the sense Thea is probably going to be gone sooner than later, but Diggle and Felicity, though not essential at first, have evolved into staples of the show. I'd be surprised if either one of them is gone before the show's run concludes.

I can see that.

And i'm not sure if you're a smallville guy but DC pandered to the fans and created a character who didn't exist previously so that the should could keep her around long term.

I like Diggle, but it is weird seeing him popping people with guns. I enjoy having him around, but i also thought him getting married was the first sign he had one foot out the door (well the writers giving him one foot out the door).

Felicity, yes I could see her sticking around for a while (now that EVERY CW superhero show has its own "Oracle": Chloe for Smallville, StarLabs for flash, and Felicity for Arrow). But for how long? Its almost inevitble that Oliver and Laurel will get back together at some point.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that.

And i'm not sure if you're a smallville guy but DC pandered to the fans and created a character who didn't exist previously so that the should could keep her around long term.

I like Diggle, but it is weird seeing him popping people with guns. I enjoy having him around, but i also thought him getting married was the first sign he had one foot out the door (well the writers giving him one foot out the door).

Felicity, yes I could see her sticking around for a while (now that EVERY CW superhero show has its own "Oracle": Chloe for Smallville, StarLabs for flash, and Felicity for Arrow). But for how long? Its almost inevitble that Oliver and Laurel will get back together at some point.

Given the fragile nature of network television, there really isn't a long term road map that the producers go on.

They have an original concept of characters and story lines and build on what the audience responds to.

Though it deviates from the comic book mythology, Felicity and Diggle have become essential to the TV version of Arrow.

In regards to overall material, we still have the resurgence of Slade Wilson to look forward to. Hopefully, it's in season five.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you guys didn't' like the Diggle flash back.

Maybe I missed something?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would have though it... getting back to the zoom storyline, creates a great episode...

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would have though it... getting back to the zoom storyline, creates a great episode...

I thought last nights episode for the most part...sucked. The end paid off but the crap leading up to it was horrible. Getting so emotionally involved in earth two you....I just didn't like.