• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arrowverse: Arrow, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Superman & Lois

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the first 2 episodes of LoT.

It's not as bad as I was expecting. But its premise is more like a mini-series or a movie than a multi-season TV show.

Although setting it all up to kill Hawkman after 1.5 episodes was a little bit of a letdown.

Also the knife thing....meh.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the first 2 episodes of LoT.

It's not as bad as I was expecting. But its premise is more like a mini-series or a movie than a multi-season TV show.

Although setting it all up to kill Hawkman after 1.5 episodes was a little bit of a letdown.

Also the knife thing....meh.

I bailed on it after the Old man Oliver episode. It's a terrible shows.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LoT is pretty bad. But is sooo intertwined with the other shows, I am sticking with it. For now.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maintain it could've been a pretty good movie or 5-6 part mini series.

Nothing more though. The premise is flawed in one of 2 ways:

1) they kill Savage...saving the world...now what?

or

2) they continue to lose to savage, proving they're the losers Rip Hunter said they were.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maintain it could've been a pretty good movie or 5-6 part mini series.

Nothing more though. The premise is flawed in one of 2 ways:

1) they kill Savage...saving the world...now what?

or

2) they continue to lose to savage, proving they're the losers Rip Hunter said they were.

What I don't get is why doesn't the group just go back in time before Savage exposed himself to that meteorite and kill him their?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is why doesn't the group just go back in time before Savage exposed himself to that meteorite and kill him their?

That would seem to be the obvious answer now that they have decided to kill Savage rather than just stop him.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4,000 years of paradox...

True.

If Vandal Savage never occurred...the way they pictured him in theme 1, the amount of changes would be huge. Although probably significantly for the better (as he was seen being the right hand man to some of history's biggest baddies).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

If Vandal Savage never occurred...the way they pictured him in theme 1, the amount of changes would be huge. Although probably significantly for the better (as he was seen being the right hand man to some of history's biggest baddies).
Even changes for good can have HUGE unexpected side effects.

Ignoring the debates of if it happened or not or whether you believe it or not...

What if Savage were involved in the crucifiction of Jesus? If that never happened, it would have appeared to be a change for the good, but everything that happened since would make the new today look completely alien to the now today.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even changes for good can have HUGE unexpected side effects.

Ignoring the debates of if it happened or not or whether you believe it or not...

What if Savage were involved in the crucifiction of Jesus? If that never happened, it would have appeared to be a change for the good, but everything that happened since would make the new today look completely alien to the now today.

Exactly. But still, 40 years of change is still pretty freaking big.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. But still, 40 years of change is still pretty freaking big.
Yes, it is. But Hollywood tends to do a very bad job at truly understanding the actual concequences of the butterfly effect.

The primary reason time travel story's are so hard to do well. Quantum leap did it best. They were going back to FIX history (make it the way WE remember it). If I remember correctly, Sam needed to make sure that JFK WAS shot, which was messing with Al since it changed the way he remembered things. I don't remember how Sam remembered things.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is. But Hollywood tends to do a very bad job at truly understanding the actual concequences of the butterfly effect.

The primary reason time travel story's are so hard to do well. Quantum leap did it best. They were going back to FIX history (make it the way WE remember it). If I remember correctly, Sam needed to make sure that JFK WAS shot, which was messing with Al since it changed the way he remembered things. I don't remember how Sam remembered things.

usually the reason is something like they're existing outside time or their actual future self is still there. So they're a duplicate (essentially).

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it relates to the Flash, it seems like it was just Garrick, playing both sides against the middle, all along.

Pretty interesting, while totally destroying 95% of the theories from fans.

This would explain something I was curious about: why Zoom did not kill Flash 2 already, given how much faster he is.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it relates to the Flash, it seems like it was just Garrick, playing both sides against the middle, all along.

Pretty interesting, while totally destroying 95% of the theories from fans.

This would explain something I was curious about: why Zoom did not kill Flash 2 already, given how much faster he is.
I dont think that is the case at all. Just because a speedster can be in two places at once (reverse
Flash / Harrison in S1) does not mean he can be in two UNIVERSES at once. Also, when Zoom brought "E2 Garrick" back to E2, he dropped his limp body on the floor. He didnt stop being both entities.

I think there are a number of possibilities...

1) we are dealing with an E(x) Garrick SOMEWHERE. The prob with this is that Cisco would not see Zoom when touching Garrick's helmet.

2) Garrick and Zoom are the same, but split. Garrick is the good persona, Zoom is the evil persona. This was hinted at with Trajectory. If Garrick was taking V6 and it drove him crazy, maybe his evil insider broke away and somehow gained a physical form. This theory does not explain the man in the mask, though.

3) E2 Garrick has an identical twin, E2 Zolloman, who is Zoom. Maybe the fact that they are identical leads to Cisco seeing Zoom through Garrick's helmet. The man in the mask is E1 Garrick (with E1 Zolloman being the man in the park), or vice-versa.

I think my theory 2 is probably going to be closest to what we actually see.