• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the NFL

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Recently signed Jamie Collins has been among the worst linebackers in the league the last two years and would need to thrive in a specialized role."

I keep hearing that but he had 104 tackles last year. Four sacks and a pick. On one of, if not the worse D last season. On the contract he signed that's a good deal for us.
He's coming back with his hat in his hand that should work well in our favor. Now if he can just have some gap discipline this is a win win.

I also read some place there is talk about HT moving outside. NE using a 3-4 which will have HT, Nickovich, Collins, Bentley and Winovich coming at you from all angles.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing that but he had 104 tackles last year. Four sacks and a pick. On one of, if not the worse D last season. On the contract he signed that's a good deal for us.
He's coming back with his hat in his hand that should work well in our favor. Now if he can just have some gap discipline this is a win win.

I also read some place there is talk about HT moving outside. NE using a 3-4 which will have HT, Nickovich, Collins, Bentley and Winovich coming at you from all angles.

I hope you are right but he still has to make the team.

If I'm playing against the Patriots in the AFCCG I'm going to test Collins.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right but he still has to make the team.

If I'm playing against the Patriots in the AFCCG I'm going to test Collins.....

There is that, he does need to make the team. But with BB running the D now and letting him come back I think he surprises us. He just needs to maintain his gap coverage.

I'm not sure how I'll react to actually having quick LBs/DEs for a change.

I see lots of blitzing this year.

NE solid upfront and maybe the best collective group of DBs we've had in years.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts’ OT Antonio Garcia has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2019 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally. It took them two weeks to tweak it enough for him to sign the dotted line.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 80% of NFL teams didn't play their starting offense or defense in their first preseason game, but the Bengals and Chiefs did. For the first series anyway. The Bengals carved up the Chiefs' defense which had nearly all of the guys that played against the Patriots in the last AFCCG. Andy Dalton and the bengals had two holding calls on the first drive and it never bothered them and they scored with little resistance from the Chiefs new defense under their new Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnulo.

Then Patrick Mahomes came out and hit his first three passes to Kelce, Watkins and another TE and then hiccuped but Mahomes had to scramble and got the ball to the one and then Chiefs tied the game. I don't know if the Bengals had their starters in at all because I don't know them and the game was a broadcast from KC and the announcers were the local KC guys who were pretty good.

No one knows how good any team really is, but we do know that the Chiefs first series were their starters from a year ago and at least the Bengals offense was the same.

I did find it interesting tha Dalton was able to move as easily as he did on the first series. With the Chiefs new DC and last year's Patriots Def Line coach, I thought that the defense would be much better, especially against a Bengals offense without AJ Green. The offense was pretty much as I expected, but the bendals did have Mahomes scrambling more than once. Against a better defense, Mahomes is going to be under a lot more pressure. The Chiefs better plug those offensive line holes quick or Mahomes could be in a surgical unit.

Just my opinion from watching the replay of the game. Final score for the starters 7-7. Final score for the backups....31-10. Final score of the game 38-17 Chiefs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night's game cam Bewton was seen by doctors at Patriot Place Hospital and his right foot is now in a boot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton.....sorry, fingers are not working well today.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brissett officially has the reins of the Colts now. Wow. Pats path back to the SB just got a little easier.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney is officially on the block. Idiot on the radio said that he's a free agent but that the Texans are negotiating with two teams. That's a bit confusing........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dusst created by Cutdown Saturday is starting to softly settle and the talking head have begun to emerge from their bomb shelters. I love to listen to these guys who now have all of the answers as to why every cut in the NFL was made. Once the comedy shows started to wind down, then the real drama begins .

The first serious show began with how amazed these two guys were that seven Patriots cuts were already signed by other teams and that five were on a 53 man roster. The second guy, whom I've never seen or heard of prior was really good. He stopped his own show dead cold when he asked the other guy a simple question.."If other teams were so quick to pick up players that the Patriots cut, what does that say about the quality of that team's players and more importantly, what does that say about the players still on the Patriots roster?" Time to move on......the question wasn't answered.

Nest was a long discussion about how great the Chiefs are going to be now that they somehow landed McCoy for 1 year at $3M. They said that Damien Williams was a great fill-in for Hunt after he was cut and that Williams saved the Chiefs in the AFCCG with 3 TDs. This one guy thought that McCoy puts the Chiefs over the top.

Then came the fun part.......who will be the playoff teams and who will eventually be in the Super Bowl?

The guys that thinks McCoy is the game breaker says that KC will get revenge on the Patriots in AFCCg and make the Super Bowl after 50 years. He lso thinks that the Seahawks will be their opponent. He says hat this is the beginning of a Chiefs' dynasty as they win SB LIV.

The other guy thinks that the Patriots did way more than reload. He says that the Patriots may have the best running game in the NFL because they also have TB12 and he's loaded with targets. He reminded everyone that Gronk was not Brady's primary target andd that Josh Gordon at 245 pounds is very close to a TE with extreme speed. His opponent for the Patriots are the Philadelphia Eagles in a rematch of SB LII. He says that the patriots won't have players on the sideline this year and will win their 7th title.

NBC Sports, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, ESPN and ABC all have shows this week leading up the opening game Thursday night between Chicago and Green Bay. It's going to be a controversial and interesting three days.