• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ARod: "Whoever gets deGrom will win the World Series"

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're delusional. Yankee fans for the most part ignore the Mets, it's the Mets fans that go nuts about the Yankees.

No one talks about the Nets, they've just gotten to NYC and have been terrible thanks to the awful trade with Boston. Both teams aren't worth talking about at the moment although I do like the new management team in Brooklyn. They're using their cap space to take bad contracts to get assets their previous GM pissed away.

The Islanders and Rangers haven't played a meaningful series against each other since 1994 so neither side really cares about the other.

For the most part Giants and Jet fans couldn't care less about each other. The Jets are a joke and the Giant fans only want to complain about any of their games that doesn't start at 1pm. Both sides think the Met Life Stadium sucks.
You wouldn't know that reading posts in here.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a fuck, besides you? You're like the Rodney Dangerfield of baseball fans always soliciting respect for your poor Indians.

So, in other words, nothing. Got it.

As a fan of team who has never even been to a World Series, I understand why you might swing on the Mets' nuts the way you are.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't know that reading posts in here.

There are only a couple of Mets fans. @Used 2 B Hu and @yoga≈surfing are the only 2 I chat with about them. I keep an eye on the Mets because I live in Flushing and it's easy to go to the games. I also refuse to pay for a baseball package so if the Yanks are off I watch the Mets.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more ridiculous was seeing grown men wearing wigs and carrying hammers into Citi Field.....They should have all hit each other with them until they were knocked out cold.....

These guys totally agree with you:
vqrmpqcavsvhvnhkqwt1.jpg

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vqrmpqcavsvhvnhkqwt1.jpg

I like the Judge's chambers, it's only a few seats. Reminds me of K corner when Gooden would pitch and the Cone heads. Sheffield's fans wearing the chef's hats was cool too.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Judge's chambers, it's only a few seats. Reminds me of K corner when Gooden would pitch and the Cone heads. Sheffield's fans wearing the chef's hats was cool too.

They're all tards. They give the serious fans a bad name.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vqrmpqcavsvhvnhkqwt1.jpg
The trap was set....How many did I catch? The wigs are just as ridiculous.....Most fans wouldn't be caught dead in them....

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trap was set....How many did I catch? The wigs are just as ridiculous.....Most fans wouldn't be caught dead in them....

Trap?

Wants to make a point about how Mets fans are worse than Yankees fans

points out something that both fanbases do as Exhibit A

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they aren't sitting by me I don't care.

This is pretty much why I don't attend very many live games anymore. No matter where I'm sitting, odds are there is at least one dooshbag perpetratin' his or her dooshbagginess

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap?

Wants to make a point about how Mets fans are worse than Yankees fans

points out something that both fanbases do as Exhibit A
I knew the wig comments would follow....I've been surrounded by Met fans my entire life....They watch the Yankees more than their own team....

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood the undervaluing of Degrom by the Met fans. Yankee and Mets fans were all over Harvey after 1/2 of a good season. You would think he led the league in ERA for half a decade.

Meant to address this earlier, but I think Mets fans realized what they had in deGrom after his first All-Star appearance a few seasons ago. But he's such a quiet, no-nonsense guy who never makes waves. Harvey was all over Page Six every week, and Syndergaard wanted to give off this badass vibe. Naturally people focused more on the other two guys based on their off-field behavior.

On the field, Harvey tanked, "Thor" has regressed and been injured, but deGrom just gets better every year.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty much why I don't attend very many live games anymore. No matter where I'm sitting, odds are there is at least one dooshbag perpetratin' his or her dooshbagginess

I don't go too much anymore either. It's a pain to get home from Yankee games. I'm also at an age where most people annoy me and most of my patience is exhausted not strangling people on the train in the morning. This is probably why when I go on vacation I sit on a dock, usually by myself with a cooler full of beer, some smoke and no one anywhere near me

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to address this earlier, but I think Mets fans realized what they had in deGrom after his first All-Star appearance a few seasons ago. But he's such a quiet, no-nonsense guy who never makes waves. Harvey was all over Page Six every week, and Syndergaard wanted to give off this badass vibe. Naturally people focused more on the other two guys based on their off-field behavior.

On the field, Harvey tanked, "Thor" has regressed and been injured, but deGrom just gets better every year.

Makes sense.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't go too much anymore either. It's a pain to get home from Yankee games. I'm also at an age where most people annoy me and most of my patience is exhausted not strangling people on the train in the morning. This is probably why when I go on vacation I sit on a dock, usually by myself with a cooler full of beer, some smoke and no one anywhere near me

Separated at burf

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fraudkee fans have always had a hard on for Met fans.
Knick fans - "the Nets suck. They don't belong here"
Giant fans - "the Jets suck. They don't belong here"
Ranger fans - "the Islanders suck. They don't belong here"

Old school NY sports fans are a bunch of jealous bitches.

I never gave much thought to the Mets, Jets or Nets.

The Islanders however, need to be contracted immediately.