• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arnold Palmer Invitational

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Robert Gamez is in the field. I believe he was the first guy on the tour to where the Oakley type sunglasses. I remember Johnny Miller as always was being about as condescending about it as possible.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ..Scott cards a 62 and has the lead at a -10.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Robert Gamez is in the field. I believe he was the first guy on the tour to where the Oakley type sunglasses. I remember Johnny Miller as always was being about as condescending about it as possible.

I think that was Duvall, wasn't it? I remember he caught hell for it and now its standard wear out there.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was Duvall, wasn't it? I remember he caught hell for it and now its standard wear out there.

Duvall was some years after that. But he was the first "high profile" golfer to wear them that's for sure.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bubba Watson, one of the hottest players on the PGA Tour, did the full John Daly routine on Thursday at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. After almost a two-year winless drought following the 2012 Masters, Watson has a win and two second-place finishes in his last four events and was even listed at the top of fantasy guru Rob Bolton's power rankings for this week's event. Well, things didn't go as expected for the temperamental Bubba, who walked off at Bay Hill following an ugly round of 83.

The recent streaking form went completely off the rails at Bay Hill's par-5 6th hole, where Watson splashed three balls into the water and finished with a sextuple-bogey 11.

After those three water balls and misadventures around the lake, he finally got in the hole on his 11th stroke, a two-foot tap-in. The disaster was one shot better than Daly's 12 on the par-4 16th last week at Innisbrook.

The 11 also put him 11-over for the day, and he finished DFL with an 83. Then he decided he'd had enough and withdrew, which will bring the consternation from many huffy golf watchers and media types who largely consider Bubba a frosty guy.
Bubba, who said after his win at Riviera that this was a "year of rejoicing," had apparently had enough. We'll find out if there's actually an injury or something wrong with him, but the WD is almost certainly due to the 11 on No. 6 and his hopeless spot at the very bottom of the leaderboard. He walks away 21 shots off the pace set by early leader Adam Scott. UPDATE -- Bubba, an Isleworth local in Orlando, blamed his allergies for the poor round and WD. :laugh3:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bubba Watson, one of the hottest players on the PGA Tour, did the full John Daly routine on Thursday at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. After almost a two-year winless drought following the 2012 Masters, Watson has a win and two second-place finishes in his last four events and was even listed at the top of fantasy guru Rob Bolton's power rankings for this week's event. Well, things didn't go as expected for the temperamental Bubba, who walked off at Bay Hill following an ugly round of 83.

The recent streaking form went completely off the rails at Bay Hill's par-5 6th hole, where Watson splashed three balls into the water and finished with a sextuple-bogey 11.

After those three water balls and misadventures around the lake, he finally got in the hole on his 11th stroke, a two-foot tap-in. The disaster was one shot better than Daly's 12 on the par-4 16th last week at Innisbrook.

The 11 also put him 11-over for the day, and he finished DFL with an 83. Then he decided he'd had enough and withdrew, which will bring the consternation from many huffy golf watchers and media types who largely consider Bubba a frosty guy.
Bubba, who said after his win at Riviera that this was a "year of rejoicing," had apparently had enough. We'll find out if there's actually an injury or something wrong with him, but the WD is almost certainly due to the 11 on No. 6 and his hopeless spot at the very bottom of the leaderboard. He walks away 21 shots off the pace set by early leader Adam Scott. UPDATE -- Bubba, an Isleworth local in Orlando, blamed his allergies for the poor round and WD. :laugh3:

I thought he tweeted it was allergies? ...which I can't say I'm buying.

I could see Tiger stealing that one in the future.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ever since I saw Watson blame his caddy when he hit a 9-iron in the water I've thought he was an ass hole. I don't care for him at all.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since I saw Watson blame his caddy when he hit a 9-iron in the water I've thought he was an ass hole. I don't care for him at all.

Soon, he'll be blaming his new kid or his f'ugly wife. :yahoo:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ..Scott cards a 62 and has the lead at a -10.

I hate that long putter, with a passion (similar to your hate...err dislike for TW), but I love his swing and he seems like a nice fella...maybe he's rounding back into form...he was on fire at the end of the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was piss-poor, but he didn't fire the guy...Bubba is just a hothead...now with cash.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also a fundamentalist Christian type. WWJD? He'd probably finish the tournament Bubba!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit is this thing over after 36?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that long putter, with a passion (similar to your hate...err dislike for TW), but I love his swing and he seems like a nice fella...maybe he's rounding back into form...he was on fire at the end of the season.

I don't think he will change it ...I have a feeling he will just learn to not anchor it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny signature, dude. Jake Locker top 10? Lol, okay.

Yes ..and he actually came to the Cowboys board to make that statement. That's when I knew drastic measures were needed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will change it ...I have a feeling he will just learn to not anchor it.

You may be right but I haven't seen anyone swing the broom w/o anchoring...I didn't think he was that bad a putter with a regular putter.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. So much so that I can't root for a guy who uses one.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. So much so that I can't root for a guy who uses one.

Why because it's an unfair advantage? ..Scott put that argument to bed today. I could have putted better with branch that has a rapid badger tied to the bottom of it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why because it's an unfair advantage? ..Scott put that argument to bed today. I could have putted better with branch that has a rapid badger tied to the bottom of it.

Yep & I have no problem rooting for Bradley (just hate watching him take forever before each shot with those twitches & crazy routines).