• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some reports are saying the D'backs and Angels are the favorites to sign Matt Garza. I am fine with that as long as the D'backs continue to look for an ace. Garza is a really good pitcher but he has not proven to be an ace in his career yet. If the team signs Garza, they should still go after Tanaka or Price. The D'backs said that they could have a payroll up to 112 million this year and it is currently at about 89 million. So if they dump some contracts, they could probably sign Garza and Tanaka.

Looking at the 2014 salaries for Trevor Cahill and Brandon McCarthy is ridiculous. Cahill's salary jumps to 7.9 million and McCarthy's spikes to 10.25 million. D-backs Have Little Room to Maneuver for 2014 Payroll | Inside the 'Zona

Not to mention, but Cody Ross' salary is 9.5 million. You take away those salaries and it saves you nearly 28 million dollars. Subtract them from the payroll and now you have roughly 50 million to spend on free agents if the team is willing to go to 112 million this year. However, the chances of somebody trading for those salaries is unlikely, so even just getting rid of Cahill's 7.9 million would be a huge boost. No one will trade for Ross right now and probably not McCarthy either. Nonetheless, if you can shed the 7.9 million, that leaves you with almost 31 million for free agents.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle: Hello people.

Where the hell have you people been, ive been looking everwhere for you guys? :whistle:

Its been a rough couple months for personal reasons, but im ready to put that shit behind me and get back to what i do best, making Orange feel uncomfortable with constant sexual advances.

Good to see you people again.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where the hell have you people been, ive been looking everwhere for you guys? :whistle:

Its been a rough couple months for personal reasons, but im ready to put that shit behind me and get back to what i do best, making Orange feel uncomfortable with constant sexual advances.

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! Desert Glory is back OMG OMG OMG

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rollseyes:

Haha, I thought it was funny.

Tankana is the best option, hands down. Won't have to give up prospects or draft picks to land him. I bet if we landed him KT would try to ship out one of Cahill/McCarthy for a salary dump to clear some room for Tankana.

Tanaka would be a good signing for the Dbacks, but he's not going to be cheap with the Yankees and Dodgers both bidding for him. Probably the Angels, too.

He actually related to that guy.

-from wiki

Micah Owings is also his brother in law.

That's hilarious. I had no idea.

Some reports are saying the D'backs and Angels are the favorites to sign Matt Garza. I am fine with that as long as the D'backs continue to look for an ace. Garza is a really good pitcher but he has not proven to be an ace in his career yet. If the team signs Garza, they should still go after Tanaka or Price. The D'backs said that they could have a payroll up to 112 million this year and it is currently at about 89 million. So if they dump some contracts, they could probably sign Garza and Tanaka.

Matt Garza isn't worth the money, so I hope the Dbacks sign him. :yahoo:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

'Sup, baby? ;)

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Corbin is going to have an awful year. I hope I'm wrong and I will eat my shoe if I am.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's your guess for our breakout player this year? I'm going with Owings.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to go with Davidson as well. He will get the starting job out of training camp. I will project .280 with 22/85.

Errr...I meant P-Didi with his .450 BA and record setting 85 home runs. Playoffs, baby!!!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davidson was gone the minute Trumbo was acquired. At least we got very good to great value for him in this trade. Acquiring Reed solves 3 problems: Fills the closer hole, adds a young proven BP arm, & gives the team a cost controlled closer that isn't arb eligible till after the 15 season & isn't a FA till after the 17 season.

Sure we gave up a future possibly legit 3B, but he was of little value to the Dbacks while Prado is manning 3B on a full time basis over the next 3 years.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Towers needs to re-sign Chavez. They have no depth at 3rd base if Prado gets hurt (unless Owings or Trumbo can play 3rd).