• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy doesnt need "protection" he is the clutchest hitter in the bigs and has ice water in his veins, we just needed to add another homerun hitter a more consistant version of Jason Kubel except much better but Eaton? Our speed on the bases our leadoff hitter! We just need more pop in the lineup but why trade Eaton!

Do you want to watch Goldy get walked every other at bat, again?

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's is no point in getting a lead-off hitter. Gibby puts players wherever the fuck he wants to whenever the fuck he wants to. Don't be surprised if you see Trumbo leading off in a few of his lineups.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's is no point in getting a lead-off hitter. Gibby puts players wherever the fuck he wants to whenever the fuck he wants to. Don't be surprised if you see Trumbo leading off in a few of his lineups.

It worked in 2011 but now I hate everything Gibby does.......... 1 year wonder!

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade means nothing if the D'backs do not get an ace. There is no way that the team will do anything if they roll Cahill and McCarthy out there next year. I especially want Cahill off the team.

Like I said earlier, any combination of prospects not named Archie Bradley should be in play for David Price. I also do not care how many they give up. I would give up Owings, Davidson, Spruill, Trahan, Lamb, Marte, McCarthy, Cahill, Ross, any of those guys. I would even give the Rays all nine of them for David Price.

Teams always have top prospects, but how often do top prospects turn out to be the players they are touted to be? Not often. Paul Goldschmidt was an eighth round pick. Justin Upton was the first overall pick. Look at what those two guys turned into. Goldschmidt is an MVP caliber player and Upton is a moron.

Price, Corbin, Miley, Delgado, and Bradley would have the potential to win the world series.

Corbin, Miley, Delgado, Cahill, and McCarthy absolutely sucks.

Pitching is everything.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we definitely need an ace. Corbin and Bradley have upside and I like Delgado and Miley as 4-5 starters but nothing more. I don't think KT is done just yet.

Cahill, Owings, McCarthy, and Davidson could land us one of Lee or Hamels possibly. Philly wants depth in their rotation. It's a lot to give up but we have depth and trading away McCarthy's and Cahill's contracts could open up room for Lee or Hamels financially. I don't think it's possible to get Price or Sale without giving up Bradley at this point.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont like this trade FYI

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if you see Trumbo leading off in a few of his lineups.

Oh God.... Please do this against the Dodgers. That sub .300 career OBP percentage in the leadoff spot?

give-it-to-me-baby-o.gif

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tanaka is well worth the risk, his numbers could carry over to the mlb. Look at Kim Jong Un and what he did last year for the Dodgers. Rather sign Tanaka at any costs than trade for Price and lose Bradley. Also, I don't know if you have heard of this guy Braden Shipley yet... He could be very good. I'm not that upset at losing Skaggs since our farm is loaded.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tanaka is well worth the risk, his numbers could carry over to the mlb. Look at Kim Jong Un and what he did last year for the Dodgers. Rather sign Tanaka at any costs than trade for Price and lose Bradley. Also, I don't know if you have heard of this guy Braden Shipley yet... He could be very good. I'm not that upset at losing Skaggs since our farm is loaded.

:rollseyes:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shipley is still at least three years away from making it to the pros but yes, he has quite a bit of potential. I personally love when teams draft college pitchers as opposed to the high schoolers. High school produces players with raw talent for the 3-9 positions but college builds true horses for a rotation. We should really look into this Aaron Nola kid out of LSU. Great velocity on his fastball and his off speed pitches are above average. He may go higher than our pick but I would snag him if the opportunity presents.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a report on the radio that the dbacks and Yankees were the two biggest players in the acquisition for tanaka. I suspect a lot more will come out of the wood works but that gives me great hope. I would absolutely love a pitcher who is considered a poor mans yu darvish(even though the only poor will be the diamondbacks franchise). You better believe that I would be at several of his starts!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tankana is the best option, hands down. Won't have to give up prospects or draft picks to land him. I bet if we landed him KT would try to ship out one of Cahill/McCarthy for a salary dump to clear some room for Tankana.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tankana is the best option, hands down. Won't have to give up prospects or draft picks to land him. I bet if we landed him KT would try to ship out one of Cahill/McCarthy for a salary dump to clear some room for Tankana.

It would almost be mandatory that we would need to get rid of at least one of those two by the end of the season. We can afford to make big moves and have those awful ballooning contracts on the books. I like what Cahill was doing towards the end of the year but the McCarthy signing has been bad from the beginning. I am not sure what we could get for mccrapy aside from some prospects.