• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Pollock
Prado
Goldy
Trumbo
Hill
Montero
Parra
Didi/Owings

I guess that Ross would have to fit in there somehow. Not sure who the leadoff hitter will be.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Ross won't be ready to start the season from the info I have read.

But yeah, that was the lineup order I predicted if this trade was made.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for some WTF news...

Diamondbacks Have Made Offer To Joba Chamberlain
By Steve Adams [December 10, 2013 at 2:56pm CST]
The D-Backs have made a one-year offer to Joba Chamberlain worth roughly $3MM, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney.

The 28-year-old former top prospect struggled through his worst season as a Major Leaguer in 2013, posting a 4.93 ERA with 8.1 K/9, 5.6 BB/9 and a 41.5 percent ground-ball rate in 42 innings for the Yankees. Chamberlain was significantly better away from Yankee Stadium, posting a 3.54 ERA on the road compared to a 6.23 mark at home in a roughly equal sample size. Chamberlain's velocity remained strong, as he averaged a healthy 94.7 mph on his fastball.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Pollock
Prado
Goldy
Trumbo
Hill
Montero
Parra
Didi/Owings

I guess that Ross would have to fit in there somehow. Not sure who the leadoff hitter will be.

At least we still have Davidson. I think he'll be solid.

Don't get me wrong, I like Trumbo and his power is what we needed but what I don't like about this trade is that we gave up both Eaton and Skaggs. I still like them long term and feel like KT could've found another way to pull it off without giving up both of them.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diamondbacks Turning Focus To Starting Pitching
By Steve Adams [December 10 at 3:14pm CST]
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports spoke to a source who said the Diamondbacks are out on Shin-Soo Choo after acquiring Mark Trumbo and have now turned their focus to adding a front-line starting pitcher (Twitter link). Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the Diamondbacks have been in touch with Matt Garza's agent but notes that he also wouldn't rule out a trade centering around one of Arizona's young shortstops (Twitter links). Arizona is hesitant to sign pitchers to long-term deals, Piecoro adds.

Save for a report that he's willing to return to the Twins, t's been pretty quiet on the Garza front to this point. Many pundits believe that to be a result of the uncertainty surrounding Masahiro Tanaka's availability. The 30-year-old Garza posted his seventh straight season of a sub-4.00 ERA in 2013, posting a 3.82 mark in 155 1/3 innings between the Cubs and Rangers. Though he began the year on the disabled list, Garza made all of his starts upon returning and posted solid rates of 7.9 K/9 and 2.4 BB/9.

The trade market offers David Price and Jeff Samardzija, both of whom have been oft-connected to the Diamondbacks. The Phillies are also said to be willing to move both Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels, although their unwillingness to eat any salary in order to facilitate a deal makes the D-Backs a tough fit for the Philly aces.

Time to go "all in" on Tanaka.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the trade for Trumbo seems okay as of right now. Adam Eaton was expendable and I like A.J. Pollock better anyway. Skaggs had a really bad year and his velocity was down. I think the organization lost faith in him.

Now I would trade any combination of Davidson, Owings, Gregorious, Cahill, McCarthy, pretty much any minor league player not named Archie Bradley for David Price. Then I would sign Price to a contract extension. I would give him whatever he wants too. I do not care if the D'backs have to pay him 20+ million a year. As long as his health checks out okay, give him the money. He is the type of player that makes your team a contender every year.

Trumbo and Goldschmidt should be an awesome 3-4.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the trade for Trumbo seems okay as of right now. Adam Eaton was expendable and I like A.J. Pollock better anyway. Skaggs had a really bad year and his velocity was down. I think the organization lost faith in him.

Is it just me or does it seem like the Diamondbacks a building a trend of doing that? First Justin Upton, then Trevor Bauer, and now Tyler Skaggs...?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Trumbo than Kubel, but Trumbo is all over the place with his strikeouts. Nice to get a homerun hitter though Fuck Grit!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe KT is trying to get rid of the Grit? But now we got our 4 hitter now get some fucking pitching KT.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does it seem like the Diamondbacks a building a trend of doing that? First Justin Upton, then Trevor Bauer, and now Tyler Skaggs...?

Uptons attitude was poor after Kendricks comments dumbass broke apart a team that would of woken up at the end of the year........

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KT sucks he gave away Chris Johnson and Upton for Prado and some scrub prospects. He acted like Johnson was a throw in? How is a 280 hitter a throw in.

McDonough do you want to take over for Towers?

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Pollock, but hes a 4th outfielder

no way is he the type you bat leadoff 150 games a year

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man! Trumbo in Chase Field will probably be close to 40 HRs a season. Finally some protection for Goldy.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to keep Skaggs. I would also rather have Eaton than Pollock.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a true leadoff hitter, unless Pollock improves his discipline like crazy and can learn to hit righties he won't cut it. Eaton was that guy, but I like getting a power hitter and some protection for Goldy. Joba Chamberlain? What the fuck is Towers thinking. I hope Barrett and Stites play huge roles in the pen this year. I hope the two prospects we get are hidden gems and I wish Skaggs and Eaton luck, I just don't want them to become great players.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollock is just a good defender will always be a a under 270 hitter. No pop or power.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KT sucks he gave away Chris Johnson and Upton for Prado and some scrub prospects. He acted like Johnson was a throw in? How is a 280 hitter a throw in.

McDonough do you want to take over for Towers?

Johnson is a one year wonder with the avg, and has always been a terrible hitter. Upton... lol. I think Prado can hit .300 this year along with Goldburger.