• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diamondbacks To Non-Tender Daniel Hudson

Diamondbacks To Non-Tender Daniel Hudson

By Jeff Todd [December 2 at 10:22pm CST]
The Diamondbacks will non-tender starter Daniel Hudson, tweets Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca. Though the sides had attempted to work out a deal to keep Hudson in Arizona, he will hit the open market.

Hudson likely would not have been a non-tender candidate were it not for his injury struggles. The righty is working back from his second Tommy John surgery at 26 years of age, but was projected to earn a $1.1MM salary through arbitration due to his strong early-career performance. Though he had an ugly 7.35 ERA in 2012, that came over just nine starts; in the prior year, his only full season of MLB work, he posted a 3.49 ERA in 222 innings.

As Nicholson-Smith notes, however, there is still reason to believe that the sides can come together. Indeed, both Hudson and the Diamondbacks have indicated a strong interest in a reunion, though he figures to garner some interest from clubs who would like to take a chance on his upside.

I am a little surprise that they couldn't get a deal done. I know both sides still want to get a deal done. Hopefully they can come to an agreement before another team swoops in with a little more money.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Heath Bell is gone... but we had to give up Holmberg for that to happen. Pathetic KT. Pathetic.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Gambo

If this is true, then I think this is a good trade. Two prospects(one of which is an upper level prospect) & $5.5 mil in salary relief. We will just have to wait & see who the PTBNL is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Gambo

If this is true, then I think this is a good trade. Two prospects(one of which is an upper level prospect) & $5.5 mil in salary relief. We will just have to wait & see who the PTBNL is.

I hate to see holmberg go but this trade had to be done on several different levels. We definitely have to wait and see who the other player is before the trade is assessed.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to get rid of a solid pitching prospect in order to dump Bell. I want to say that KT is a fucking moron, but I'll wait to see how the prospects that we received pan out.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I retract my last statement for now. Didn't know the PTBNL would be solid... we'll see.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not know what is going on. I understand that the PTBNL is supposed to be good, but I am assuming that they will probably trade that guy too. If they had to give up Holmberg just because they wanted to save money, that would be pathetic.

I am pretty much at the point that if they do not acquire a true number one ace, and I am talking about David Price and/or Max Scherzer, then I would consider this offseason a complete failure. Jeff Samardzija would be a joke to me. The guy had a 4.34 era last season and a career era of 4.19. I would not trade any good prospects for him. I only trade for him if the trade is Cahill and/or McCarthy for Samardzija straight up, otherwise no thanks.

I could care less about getting a power bat if the organization does not get an ace. Pitching is everything.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmberg, while a nice prospect, had a back end of the rotation ceiling. He was not going to get into the rotation anytime soon. Until we find out who the PTBNL, we really can't judge this trade other than to say hallelujah Heath Bell is gone. Scherzer is not an ace. Don't believe the hype. And Price will cost way too much for only 2 years in a Dbacks uniform. People act like aces grow on trees & that most teams have one.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently we are after an elite starter and David Price's name is coming up. I really want him. I don't care what anyone says.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price or Scherzer would be awesome. I know I'd be excited for next year.

They better do something soon. We can call trading Heath Bell addition by subtraction...but not really...they need to replace him with someone legit in the pen first.

They definitely need to add a power bat. Pitching is huge, but having only one guy out of nine that can consistently scare a pitcher that his pitch might end up over the wall is just not enough.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently we offered Beltran 3 yrs./48 mil.

He went with NY over AZ for slightly less money. Would've been worth the contract for maybe one year, but the other two years he'll be in a major decline... glad he passed us up.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently we offered Beltran 3 yrs./48 mil.

He went with NY over AZ for slightly less money. Would've been worth the contract for maybe one year, but the other two years he'll be in a major decline... glad he passed us up.

That would have been a horrible contract! Just go out and get cespedes, towers! You know you want to! To think we could have had cano...:whistle:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to getting prince fielder?!?! I would have chipped into that $50 million dollar piggy bank! I guess we will have to settle for Stanton...