• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run

Run

Pass

Talk about obvious.

You play action on 2nd down, leaving your 1 timeout for
3rd down. Then it gives you run or pass option.

:gaah: Fuck Bevell...

jesus. I've seen games where they passed on 1 or 2 yards and goal and had people screaming like crazy that you have lynch and don't run it. You just can't make any of you happy. Any play that doesn't work is the wrong play and Bevell's fault right? I mean the right play can't possibly fail because of say, the players? :L

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down folks, games are won in the second half. I agree it's been pretty pitiful, but only Pete could give a SUPER inspiring speech in the locker room to rally these guys.

Ugh, couldn't believe the announcer when he said +3 turnover differential and it's 3-3. I guess all in all we get the ball back. Amazing how this offense goes so dead at times.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run

Run

Pass

Talk about obvious.

You play action on 2nd down, leaving your 1 timeout for
3rd down if you don't score. Then it gives you run or pass option.

:gaah: Fuck Bevell...

1000% agree. But it was still 2nd and inches to goal on second down. I think you would still run there regardless. I applaud the defense on this one.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus. I've seen games where they passed on 1 or 2 yards and goal and had people screaming like crazy that you have lynch and don't run it. You just can't make any of you happy. Any play that doesn't work is the wrong play and Bevell's fault right? I mean the right play can't possibly fail because of say, the players? :L

It's all about the SITUATION... You didn't see or understand that?

It's not like there were 2 minutes left in the half. C'mon, you're smarter than that...:nod:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was calling that shit from jumpstreet.

zona knew exactly what was coming on both downs, especially
on 3rd down with no timeouts.

Think!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done talking about Bevell. Some of you are just smarter than any of our coaches and I just need to realize that and let you back seat drive to your hearts content.

Carry on.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustration all around but I'm not worried. We got this. Our defense isn't going to give up anything for them to win. We just need a couple really good drives

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm actually going to agree with Osprey here because of the situation. Third and goal and you pretty much knew that Seattle had to throw it with zero timeouts. They should have picked up the pressure better, but still Arizona knew they were going to throw it and schemed accordingly. If you have that timeout, Arizona doesn't have that advantage, IMO. I agree the offense was shit in the first half. Calling their effort half assed would be too kind.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what I was worried about. I knew the defense would show up, but there is no excuse for this craptastic offensive performance. How do you not get in the end zone there? Why the hell did Wilson try to thread the needle on that third down play instead of taking two steps forward and getting the first down? They aren't going to get lucky with all these tipped interceptions in the second half so they better get their shit together.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1000% agree. But it was still 2nd and inches to goal on second down. I think you would still run there regardless. I applaud the defense on this one.

this wasn't 20/20 for me. With 1 timeout, you're putting all your eggs in one basket by running with a stacked Zona D, having everyone at the line and the #1 rush D in the league.

Play action and they bite. If not, you have 3rd down with 1 timeout and you can run at that juncture and stop the clock if Beast doesn't get in.

this is not after the fact O-Co, this was obvious after the 1st down run...

Fuck Bevell....

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what I was worried about. I knew the defense would show up, but there is no excuse for this craptastic offensive performance. How do you not get in the end zone there? Why the hell did Wilson try to thread the needle on that third down play instead of taking two steps forward and getting the first down? They aren't going to get lucky with all these tipped interceptions in the second half so they better get their shit together.

I'm still scratching my head at the decision to not get the first down there by Wilson. I understand he talk about getting the ball to his playmakers, but we know he's a playmaker himself and has used his leg numerous times in similar situations to run and get the 1st down.

I'm dumbfounded by that decision.:L

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this wasn't 20/20 for me. With 1 timeout, you're putting all your eggs in one basket by running with a stacked Zona D, having everyone at the line and the #1 rush D in the league.

Play action and they bite. If not, you have 3rd down with 1 timeout and you can run at that juncture and stop the clock if Beast doesn't get in.

Fuck Bevell....

I actually have no problem with the call. Just absolute crap for execution. To me it seemed too obvious to throw on second down since they know you probably want to save the TO. I actually would have preferred three runs since Wilson can't seem to hit shit today and there was enough time to sneak the FG team out there.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still scratching my head at the decision to not get the first down there by Wilson. I understand he talk about getting the ball to his playmakers, but we know he's a playmaker himself and has used his leg numerous times in similar situations to run and get the 1st down.

I'm dumbfounded by that decision.:L

He's just having a completely off game right now. Not sure what's going on.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been saying this for weeks. When things get close Bevell goes into a shell. They needed to mix in a play action there because of the TO situation. That left us in an obvious passing situation when when the run was stuffed twice. That's the thing with this guy. In close games against good defenses we become very predictable. I don't blame him for not having a star WR but he just isn't the guy you want in these tight games. If Wilson's as good as everyone thinks he is then he needs to have the opportunity to make big plays in the clutch. His biggest games have been when Bevell had to throw the plan out the window and let him figure things out. He was the guy that suggested going read-option against the Bears. First half against the Falcons we run his lame offense and get behind big. Then it gets to "please clean up the mess Russell" and we almost win. Against the Dolphins last year he almost breaks the franchise consecutive completion record and Bevell goes to the run late because "that's the thing to do!".

I'm sorry, the dude sucks. He's holding this offense back with his pathetic play calls in key moments. I'd much rather see us lose because of Wilson failing in the clutch vs. him trying to play the numbers. What he does is very scripted and everyone has caught onto it.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck Bevell....

As I said, I agree with you, but I have no problem with the call. I'd be a hypocrite to say I have a problem with it because I was one of the few people that advocate Feed the Beast inside the 5.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. We have the worst KO returner in the league in Turbin. Getting loose with the ball again and juking himself down.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You can tell he was kicking himself for not running for that first down in the 1st half.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just having a completely off game right now. Not sure what's going on.

Look at what he just did there with his leg. That was an omg he did it again moment!:omg:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhm... wow.

No comment on that second down run.