• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you okay with the BIG 10 changing the rules to allow tOSU in the their Championship?

Are you okay with the BIG 10 changing the rules to allow tOSU in the their Championship?

• Yes I'm okay with them changing the rules.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Yes I'm okay with them changing the rules because of COVID and this years challenges.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • No, I dispise them and am choosing no out of spite.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • They call me tater salad.

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's baffling how some bad apples out of the bunch just keep getting more rotten by the post.

The B1G & playoff committee are connected here. If there is no change to the rules, we have an Indiana-Northwestern title game with no stakes at all for postseason and we'd all move on with our lives save for the Ohio State fanbase complaining about not having their 39th B1G conference championship (the pain is unbearable, truly.)
Like seriously, name any other fanbase that'd be upset if Ohio State didn't make a CCG...:pop2:
Instead there's a chance at more money and another appearance at the CFP if Ohio State gets in, tell me, which decision would look better?

Ah so you admitted that the CFP is more inclined to have Ohio State rather than Penn State, which falls nicely into my original example of the committee being more inclined to have Ohio State rather than Rutgers, so the B1G making sure the former gets in easier by helping boosting their resume.
Thanks.
I didn't get past the first sentence of your 2nd paragraph. They are two different organizations, different group of decision makers. They are the ones who kept PSU out of the playoffs not the B1G. Not connected. I didn't bother with the rest but im sure it's very insightful.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get past the first sentence of your 2nd paragraph. They are two different organizations, different group of decision makers. They are the ones who kept PSU out of the playoffs not the B1G. Not connected. I didn't bother with the rest but im sure it's very insightful.
You're one of those that simply refuses to understand simple connections, but whatever, I wish Ohio State all the luck they need in the future.
Atomic_Samurai_Meme-Farewell.png

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep trying to connect the B1G and the playoff committee. Ill help and talk slow, they are different. I'm sorry you are still upset PSU didn't get the invite but once again the is the playoff committee. The B1G had PSU in the CCG. See how that works, different.
PSU had TWO losses. That’s why they didn’t get the invite. If they wanted an invite, they shouldn’t have lost to UM by 39 as well as losing to Pitt.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran across an article from that rag Detroit Free Press- winners & losers from meeeechegan football's postponement vs. Ohio State

To nobody's surprise they say Harabugh's one of the winners because he avoided yet another potential beatdown.

Jimmy Jam- "amid a career-worst year, is a winner by not losing"

Somewhere maizeNblue09 is celebrating. You know who that 24/7 super-homer is? Just wait until next season. Because he'll be bragging that meeeechegan didn't lose to Ohio State.
That being said, the streak is still carried over for another year and it's been over 3k days since scUM actually beat us. Let that sink in for a bit:)

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if people are more upset that the B1G didn't give the Buckeyes a chance for a sixth game or if the haters don't like the fact that the Buckeyes will have an extra week to prepare and get the covd under control to play NW? Xichigan, Illinois, or Maryland would have gotten destroyed if a game was played. OOC was never on the plate. I know Day mentioned Ohio U as a possibility during his press conference, but then again it would be considered an OOC game. Time to put this to bed.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if people are more upset that the B1G didn't give the Buckeyes a chance for a sixth game or if the haters don't like the fact that the Buckeyes will have an extra week to prepare and get the covd under control to play NW? Xichigan, Illinois, or Maryland would have gotten destroyed if a game was played. OOC was never on the plate. I know Day mentioned Ohio U as a possibility during his press conference, but then again it would be considered an OOC game. Time to put this to bed.
It’s simpler than that. The haters simply don’t like the fact that tOSU is the best B1G team by a pretty healthy margin. They also know that sans a slew of TOs or other mistakes, tOSU will boat race NW and the CFP will have good reason to include them.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It’s a joke.

you made the rules, you can’t change them 98% of the way into the season
The biggest problem is that if the roles were reversed and Ohio State was sitting a 6-1 with a loss to 5-0 Indiana you know damn well which team would be playing in the CCG.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, the streak is still carried over for another year and it's been over 3k days since scUM actually beat us. Let that sink in for a bit:)

If I remember correctly the streak will be around 3,600 days by the time Ohio State beats, I mean plays, meeeechegan next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Harbaugh batman! That's a lot of misery for the team up north:)

The last time that community college in ann arbor beat Ohio State was 2011. Luke Fickell was the caoch.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time that community college in ann arbor beat Ohio State was 2011. Luke Fickell was the caoch.
And just think how much worse it's going to get up there? What's the latest on Harbaugh? Their 2021 and future recruiting classes? What a mess. Early signing day is next week and I feel bad for those current recruits who are currently committed not knowing the status of the program?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just think how much worse it's going to get up there? What's the latest on Harbaugh? Their 2021 and future recruiting classes? What a mess. Early signing day is next week and I feel bad for those current recruits who are currently committed not knowing the status of the program?

Have no idea what's going on in ann arbor. Found this from the Detroit Free Press- meeeechegan dodges questions on Jim Harbaugh's contract status (12/8/20). That doesn't sound good for him.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea what's going on in ann arbor. Found this from the Detroit Free Press- meeeechegan dodges questions on Jim Harbaugh's contract status (12/8/20). That doesn't sound good for him.
Yeah. I think he's done. What I don't understand is why are they leaving their current recruits in limbo? I get it, it's the kids who should decide. I know of two highly rated 5* recruits from Michigan were almost locks to go there, but not so sure n ow? I know of will Johnson will be visiting CBus tomorrow to scope out the university. He would be an awesome grab.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I think he's done. What I don't understand is why are they leaving their current recruits in limbo? I get it, it's the kids who should decide. I know of two highly rated 5* recruits from Michigan were almost locks to go there, but not so sure n ow? I know of will Johnson will be visiting CBus tomorrow to scope out the university. He would be an awesome grab.
I see Jeff Hafley's name being brought up on MGoBlue board. Would he jump ship so soon from BC? That's his first HC gig and first year. Just a rumor for now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're in a tough situation. Keep a guy who's overall record proves what kind of coach he really is (overhyped) or move on. You'd think it would be move on. If he name wasn't Harbaugh he would've been fired years ago.

Ran across an article recently. It said that JH has some issues with the current president. And that he had issues with his bosses in S.F. and Stanford. That's not a fluke. He must be a pain in the ass to work with.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for that one time where a Big Ten team defeated Ohio State and yet Ohio State was the B1G representative in the playoffs.
I don't think you want to accept the ever so fact that Ohio State is naturally the conference's best chance and why a slip up to another team wouldn't be as severe as a slip up to any other team.

That's simply not true and if you unironically believe that to be true, really just lying to yourself.

The complaints are towards changing the rules so that the B1G will get into the playoffs much easier despite not having a strong enough resume and in general doing this for financial reasons. If OSU plays and beats/loses Michigan, they're still in the B1G CCG and if they beat NW, still would have a great shot at being in the playoffs, and little to none would not be complaining (except I guess A&M fans) but now you have essentially everyone from everywhere criticizing this decision.

So no, no complaint is irrelevant if you bring that counter up, the only irrelevant thing would be that counter itself as it has nothing to do with the original complaints.

I think you may need to read over everything I've said at the start, as examples from the past show that isn't the case and in general the viewpoints of the committee. There's no proof that a 5-0 Rutgers will be in a 4-7 spot right now when 5-1 Indiana is in a 12th spot. You're not taking into account the other teams in this discussion (A&M, Florida, Iowa State, & Cincinnati) so it's really up to you to prove how the B1G would believe the Rutgers was their best chance.

There was really no reading comp needed, your statement was simply poorly worded and placed in your post. But aside from meaningless jabs, OSU would've faced Iowa which is a weaker opponent to Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oklahoma, Iowa State (I guess?), etc. they'd have a shot, but it'd be a lot weaker.
will go in order of your irrational/agenda......

*Is that the year that team had an extra loss and played a far weaker schedule than OSU? where they lost to a weak OOC opponent? did you make a stink when OSU was the BIG champ and they took a team over OSU that did not even win their division? Never mind your issue there is with the CFP, not the BIG. Try to stay on topic (hard for the irrational, I realize).

*Never mind you cannot base this on anything factual, but you think the BIG does not give their team who has the best shot at the CFP a shot at the CFP?

*Yeah, you keep saying this and it will never be true. Is this like the Costanza rule where "it's not a lie if you believe it"? OSU is playing someone next weekend. Even if it's wisky or Iowa and not NW they stood the same or close to the same chance to make the CFP as they would if they played NW and won. beating NW would not make it "much easier" no matter how many times you repeat it.

*No one can prove where they'd have Rutgers, but with a win over 5-1 OSU they'd likely have a better win than anyone other than maybe ND. You have a hard time wrapping your head around this as it's Rutgers and you just cannot see it happening. That, and you are irrational with an agenda.

*Back to poor reading comp. and irrational. In this instance, facing Iowa has nothing to do with the opponent of Bama, ND, etc, it has to do with Iowa compared to NW as you seem to think beating NW helps them but Iowa cannot. as I said, if you need help, just ask. But you need to admit you have a problem.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's baffling how some bad apples out of the bunch just keep getting more rotten by the post.

The B1G & playoff committee are connected here. If there is no change to the rules, we have an Indiana-Northwestern title game with no stakes at all for postseason and we'd all move on with our lives save for the Ohio State fanbase complaining about not having their 39th B1G conference championship (the pain is unbearable, truly.)
Like seriously, name any other fanbase that'd be upset if Ohio State didn't make a CCG...:pop2:
Instead there's a chance at more money and another appearance at the CFP if Ohio State gets in, tell me, which decision would look better?

Ah so you admitted that the CFP is more inclined to have Ohio State rather than Penn State, which falls nicely into my original example of the committee being more inclined to have Ohio State rather than Rutgers, so the B1G making sure the former gets in easier by helping boosting their resume.
Thanks.
More poor reading comp. Most in the OSU fan base here have said this switch wont even help that much if at all because either way we play next week and could argue the opponent on same level as NW. Please stop and take as long as needed to understand this before you move on. It has nothing to do with the opponent of Bama, ND, etc.

This is different from year's past where if not in CCG OSU sits out the week. I guess you could cry the BIG added a rule where everyone plays the weekend of the CCG?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in a tough situation. Keep a guy who's overall record proves what kind of coach he really is (overhyped) or move on. You'd think it would be move on. If he name wasn't Harbaugh he would've been fired years ago.

Ran across an article recently. It said that JH has some issues with the current president. And that he had issues with his bosses in S.F. and Stanford. That's not a fluke. He must be a pain in the ass to work with.
could find many articles saying players in NFL didn't care for him either. But at least he won there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU had TWO losses. That’s why they didn’t get the invite. If they wanted an invite, they shouldn’t have lost to UM by 39 as well as losing to Pitt.
And lookie there, @We Are Decent . If you cannot tell, Diego is not an OSU fan and somehow gets it. Because it's kind of obvious to anyone without an anti-OSU agenda.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'd rather OSU just get another game this weekend as opposed to automatic entry into the CCG given the choice.